“Extremely disappointed”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Auburn Hills
“Extremely disappointed”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

First, I would like to acknowledge I understand holidays are busy times for hotels and restaurants. Though after making a hotel reservation at the Royal Park Hotel and multiple (a dozen or more) attempts to make an Easter Brunch reservation at the Brookshire Restaurant (that continually went to the restaurants voicemail) I became uneasy. Upon contacting the main reservations number I was again sent to restaurant reservations voicemail. After I again called back to the main reservations desk, I inquired about concierge services (a standard point of access for dining reservations) and was told a concierge is not an available hotel amenity. After again calling the Brookshire (and being sent to voicemail) I did leave a message for my reservations request - only to receive a call that brunch reservations were fully booked. Needless to say, if hotel guests need to expend the level of effort I have - only to end up canceling a weekend hotel reservation, I would certainly not recommend the Royal Park Hotel or the Brookshire Restaurant under any circumstance.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank John L
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write and describe your experience with Easter reservations in our Brookshire restaurant. I can certainly understand your disappointment and frustration in wanting to participate in one of our popular events. Please accept my apology as well as the apology of our entire Royal Park team. We want every guest to have an enjoyable experience at all points of contact. Clearly we were not successful.

If you would like to further discuss this,I invite you to contact me directly through the hotel at 248.652.2600. I would be delighted to speak with you.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Best Wishes,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel close to Rochester Hills city center. Great rooms with all you need. No breakfast buffet. Restaurant and bar available. Valet parking possible. People are very friendly. I liked it during my stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for the nice comments that you offered about Royal Park. Our entire team was delighted that you felt so positive about your visit. They were most appreciative of your "very friendly' comment. Our team truly wants every guest to enjoy their time with us.

I do hope that you will visit with us again. Please look me up when you arrive.

Columbiana, Ohio
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is one of the nicest and well run hotels you will ever stay at. The staff is amazing and they go above and beyond to accommodate their guests. HIGHLY recommend!!! The restaurant has a terrific menu and it has the atmosphere of a European style hotel.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite is perfect for single business travel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard C
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our team. We are so delighted to hear of your comments.

I know that each of our team members strives to provide every guest with an exceptional experience but it gives me great pride when you tell me that our team has gone above and beyond to accommodate you.

I do hope that you visit with us again. Please look me up the next time you visit.

Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is a beautiful hotel tucked away off the main roads of Rochester. The rooms are lovely, the bathrooms spacious, and the food here is fantastic (I can't say that about most hotels... Even other five star hotels). Most importantly, the entire staff is wonderful and the service is exemplary. They are professional, courteous, and go well out of their way for their guests. It is within walking distance of the Post Office, Library, shoppes and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and our team. When I read this to our management team yesterday, a smile came over everyone's face that lit up the room. Each of our managers prides themselves on having a team of people that will provide exceptional service to all guests all the time.

The biggest smile came from our Chefs who love to feed guests their fabulous food. I know that they have passed your comment on to the culinary team. All of them are grateful for your comments.

I hope that you have the opportunity to visit with us again. Please look me up when you are here.

New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed here off and on for a couple months, while stuck in the dreary cold of Michigan - with a 50 mile commute in each direction from my daily destination. Everyone asked why I stayed there - so far away. The answer was simple. The service there, and especially the employees, exceeded every expectation I had. Great rooms, awesome bar, luxury restaurant, and the friendliest valets you'll ever meet. They bent over backwards for me on many occasions, and made a long, tiring, depressing trip 1000 times better. I can't say enough nice things about the bartenders and wait staff at the bar. Top notch (and I've seen top notch before.) doesn't even describe them justly. If I ever find my way back to Michigan, I'll stay there again gladly. Royal Park Hotel - You have my sincere thanks and appreciation for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Suites with balconies are great sized, and give a large outdoor area for smokers. The view is prett...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and desire to tackle such a long daily drive just to stay with us and the Royal Park family. I shared your comments with our team and they were thrilled to hear about your loyalty to us and to them.

As General Manager, there is nothing that I enjoy more than to receive positive comments about our team. Not only does it tell me that our people are doing their job, it also shows their commitment and dedication to providing an exceptional guest experience.

I do hope that you visit with us soon and we get to meet - although New Braunfels is so beautiful I cannot imagine you wanting to leave.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 24 February 2014

For a small little town, this hotel is really gorgeous. However, the bed was so lumpy and old it was hard to believe it existed in such a nice place. The bed was depressed very significantly where the body would lay making it very hard to roll over. The hotel was very clean, with a lovely bathroom and shower. The L'Occitaine bath supplies were a nice touch as well. Be advised, it is a little off-putting that at check in you have to sign a "no-parties in your room" statement. Somehow it just doesn't come off very well and made me feel like the front desk attendant was judgmental. I can only assume they have everyone sign these.

Room Tip: Check the bed before you unpack!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your words about our hotel and your constructive comments about how we can improve. We are always appreciative of guest feedback.

I apologize that the bed was not as comfortable as it should have been. I have asked our housekeeping team to inspect the mattress and box spring and replace it. A comfortable night's sleep is an important part of our experience. And yes, because we value a good night's sleep for all of our guests, we do request the weekend 'restful' statement.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to visit with us in the future. Please feel free to call upon me when you are here.

michigan
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This hotel is very pretty and the rooms are large. We found it a good location for walking to dinner or shopping. The staff was helpful and cheery. Coffee and tea are available in the library but I would rather have it in my room. This is a minor inconvenience when staying at such a nice property. There is a bar and restaurant on the property.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
We are so grateful that you were able to spend time as our guest recently and we thank you for your kind comments.

We are so fortunate to have a beautiful hotel in such a wonderful community that allows our guests to wander the downtown area, the Paint Creek Trail and is so close to so many other areas of interest.

Don't forget to ask for the weekend French Press coffee delivery on your next visit.

Best Wishes,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
The Townsend Hotel
Greektown Casino Hotel
The Atheneum
The Atheneum
#16 of 33 in Detroit

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!