Royal Park Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wardel Motel(Shelby Township)
View Hotel
All reviewsdowntown rochesterpaint creekbeautiful hotelfrench press coffeewalk in closetchocolate covered strawberriesterrace roomlarge bathroomrooms are nicethe entire staffcommon areashotel restaurantking roomvalet parkingweddingluxuryrobes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Tea was delicious and the service very good at the Royal Park Hotel. Our table was ready with three tiers of tea sandwiches, the traditional scones (from the amazing local Give Thanks Bakery), and sweets. The selection of teas included exotic combinations, but traditional black and green tea was also available.

The only criticism would be the lack of self-selection for the sandwiches. Vegetarians and non-meat eaters had limited choices.

The Royal Park has eclipsed Birmingham's Townsend Hotel for the elegance of afternoon tea.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words about our Royalty Tea. I am thrilled that you and your guests enjoyed enough that you have chosen to let others know through Trip Advisor.

Our Tea Hostess, Mary, and her culinary team take great pride in providing our guests with the best Tea Service in metro Detroit. And do understand, if you have specific dietary needs or requests, we are alway s happy to accommodate them at all times.

I hope that you visit with us in the near future. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you.

Jay Haratsis

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My sister and her husband's wedding last January took place in this very beautiful hotel. Kathleen was most helpful and kind in assisting to make the one of the most special event of my sister's life to be flawless and memorable. Kathleen and I discussed everything via email and phone but she treated us like we were the most important and only guests in the hotel when we arrived few days before the wedding. She is a gem and strong asset of the hotel. All the bellmen we have come across with were all very helpful and ready to help. The Banquet Manager (If I remember her name is Teri) was also very helpful and on point all the time, the Lobby attendants were very nice too, and lastly one of the banquet guy who was assisting in the event was very funny and lively.

We had an incredible room (Too bad i forgot what its called) but we have seen a least 3 rooms and all were very spacious, bright, very clean, cozy, and most importantly have that feeling of home. It was winter time so we didn't really had the chance to go around but there nice outdoor places in the hotel too.

I love this hotel and if we ever go back to Michigan, we would definitely stay in this hotel or at least visit it again. Again, thank you Kathleen Reid for all your kindness and help. I know this is long overdue but it's better late than never. And again, when you come to New York, you know how and where to find me.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and especially our Kathleen Reid. We are quite fortunate to have a professional like Kathleen as part of our team and understand every word that you have said about her.

We are delighted to hear that your sister's event was flawless and that Teri was on point at all times during the event. It is music to my ears. And we are certainly thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your guest room - our room attendants are so important to us and our success - they will be happy to hear your words.

I hope that you come back to visit with us in teh warmer weather so you can take advantage of our Terrace dining and numerous outdoor opportunities.

Jay Haratsis

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Royal Park in Rochester was a thoroughly comfortable hotel for a two night stay during an in-house seminar. Check-in was seamless and the staff is helpful, professional and efficient. The evening beverage and cookies within the lobby is a nice touch too.
My king executive terrace room was beautiful. The shower in the bathroom is stunning and the head and faucet work well. Appliances were available and in good working order.
The presence of a terrace was an unexpected perk. One morning I left the door open while I lounged in the room. Noticed housekeeping did the same thing when they clean the other rooms too!
The fitness center is small but the elliptical equipment worked and so did the large screen televisions. It's open 24/7 with a secure key entry and not too busy.
The library near the lobby offers coffee and tea with a variety of flavored syrups. Morning newspapers are available for reading as well as interesting table art books. I enjoyed some time there.
The surrounding area is fairly quiet and the creek nearby is beautiful. A group walked a nearby Paint Creek trail that actually runs 20 plus miles. It's apparently a rails to trails path that is partially paved and well traveled.
The seminar ballroom was spacious and the AV equipment worked reasonably well during our meeting. Buffet food service was slow however the food preparation and replenishment was not disappointing.
We used the Conservatory for another meeting and though it rained outside we stayed warm and dry within. The landscaping outside the glass enclosure where we sat was beautiful.
One more word about the staff. One two separate occasions I misplaced items. Both times personnel found the items and returned them to me. That was amazing!
I enjoyed my stay so much that I have become a "Stash" member to earn more perks for future stays!

Room Tip: If you'd like easy access to a private porch choose the king executive terrace rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank VaporK8
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Royal Park Hotel. You had so many kind words about our property that I spent quite a while visiting staff in each of the departments to personally tell them of your comments.

We are so fortunate to have a beautiful hotel that is staffed with such wonderful people in such a fabulous community. With running paths, trails, terraces and conservatories to take advantage of the site, we are the luckiest hotel in the state.

I was thrilled to learn that our team was able to find your misplaced items. That is one of our prime goals during a search for a lost item - find and get it to its owner.

I hope to see you back with us soon and feel free to ask for me.

Best WIshes,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

From when I stepped in the front door of this hotel I gasped! Very nice! I checked in and headed up to my room. Nice Room! and the size was great. The bathrooms were huge like I like a bathroom to be. I didn't really get to enjoy the hotel because my flight was delayed and I got here late and had to check out early the next morning. I hope to stay here again in the future. You must give this hotel a chance.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

We are so grateful that you enjoyed your short visit to Royal Park Hotel. We truly wish that you had the time to experience all that our hotel and the Rochester community have to offer - we are confident that you would be delighted.

Your comments about the property and its look, size and fixtures are appreciated. I know that our team and our owners are excited whenever they hear about guest comments about the facility.

I hope that next time you visit you will have the time to more fully explore the hotel and the community.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Like Everyone, Anyone, that has endured the miserable winter up here in Michigan, I had cabin fever and needed a Break. I asked friends at work were to go and live in the lap of luxury for a weekend and this place was it! I called Saturday and Cristy (hope I spelled it right) hooked me up with the Spring Fling Special. A view of the river, Great room and off to spend my $30.00 Bar Voucher. Allegedly good for food too, but why bother, Right? The Driver from Royal Oak dropped me on main street and off to the Pub! I finished with live music at the Royal Park, Great Band and what a Great Way to spend a weekend. Superb Service, Super Room and I will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for your kind words about your visit to Royal Park. We are thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our Spring Package.

I am glad that you were able to enjoy some of our Rochester pubs on your visit downtown and that you ended your evening in Elliott's listening to our band. Our team was giddy when they heard your 'Superb Service, Super Room' comment. Every one of them wants every guesgt experience to be special.

We look forward to seeing you again. Please look me up when you are here.