“The Best! - not a "chain" hotel at all!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Southbridge, Massachusetts
“The Best! - not a "chain" hotel at all!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel was a few steps up in every category that you could measure. Right from our arrival at the front door – to our departure 4 days later, this was a wonderful stay for us.

We were the parents of the groom – at a wedding being held at the hotel, so we had many guests that attended as well as many events over a few days. Everything was wonderful –

When you come to stay – you must bring your walking or running shoes as they are located right on some long “Rail Trails”, beside small rivers and streams. Just a wonderful way to start the day!

Absolutely better than expected!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Congratulations on the wedding of your son and welcoming a daughter to your family!

We are so appreciative of your kind words about your experience at Royal Park Hotel. I have shared this with the staff and they were thrilled about being called "The Best". The hotel is certainly not your typical hotel and we strive to be better than any of our competitors.

We are truly fortunate to have the Paint Creek Trail right outside our door for walking, running and biking as well as fly fishing.

I do hope that you will have the time to visit with us again. Please look me up when you arrive.

Jay Haratsis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I live in the area and stay here every tie y power goes out. I ate at the brookshire restaurant and the food was amazing and the service was even better. I slept well and it was o less than a five star experience. Thank you royal park!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. As a local guest we are so appreciative that you visit with us - even when the power goes out - when you have so many alternatives.

I know our Brookshire staff will be thrilled to hear your compliments about the food and service they presented to you. I am thrilled to know that you found our beds so comfortable that you were able to sleep well while away from home.

I look forward to seeing you again - please look me up.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel does it right. The Brookshire is fine dining at it's best: outstanding food, impeccable service, every detail looked after. Even the casual outside dining is on a beautiful creek lined patio with live entertainment on the weekends. The rooms are spotless, decorated beautifully and very luxurious. Even in the middle of summer wedding season, our stay was quiet, restful and spa-like. The hotel was busy, but you'd never know it. No lines at check-in or check-out. No noise on the floors. Even our outside balcony was a beautiful oasis at night where we could put our feet up and enjoy a late night dessert from the kitchen delivered right to our balcony. There was nothing about our stay that wasn't 5 star. We'll be back and we'll be recommending it to all of our friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about your visit to Royal Park Hotel. I know that our team will be thrilled to hear of your experience when I share them at our upcoming All Hands Meeting.

We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful setting for our guests that is calming, restful and relaxing. Like you, I love the balconies as they provide a nice escape from your standard hotel room.

Thank you for your positive words about The Brookshire. We have been experiencing a nice uptick in business volume there and on our outdoor Terrace this summer.

I hope that you will take time to look me up on your next visit.

Best Wishes

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This place is beautiful and has everything you need. The problem is with service, when you stay at place like this you are expecting a certain level of service. This was not the case. We arrived on Friday night so you would expect there to be a few people at check in. There was only one. The check in process took us 20 minutes when it should have taken only 5. When we arrived in our room there was 2 gift bags for a wedding. We wanted to let the front desk know but we tried calling for over 10 minutes but only got a recording and were asked to call a cell phone number. This is the first time in a long time that I could not reach the front desk. So we stopped trying and unpacked. After another 15 minutes we tried again and finally got through. We were out late and decided to sleep in. The maid knocked once and came in without announcing who she was or waiting for us to answer. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. Improving on their service could get them a 5 star rating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience at Royal Park Hotel. I am so glad that you found the property attractive and having everything that you need.

I apologize that we were not staffed accordingly at the time of your arrival and caused a delay in your check-in. It is clear that this staffing error affected your ability to contact the desk immediately upon arriving at your room. Our housekeeping staff has been instructed to knock twice prior to entering and our Director of Housekeeping has reminded his team that this is protocol.

Please know that you comments are important to me and our team as we are always looking for ways to improve our service and, ultimately, every guest's experience with us.

I do hope that you will call upon me on your next visit.

Best Wishes

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I recently stayed here for a work event, and was happy with the accomodations. It is a traditionally styled property with a country club vibe. I am loyal to Marriot, and Starwood, so no points were earned for this stay, but this property is a notch above your typical road warrior Marriot or Sheraton. Rooms are large, bathroom is large and all marble with large rainfall showerhead. The town of Rochester has a great Main Street within walking distance of the hotel with a variety of shops and restaurants. The rooms were very quiet, bed comfortable (I would say the SPG Heavenly beds are still better). There are walking trails on the property that meander throughout the town and immediate surrounding. Nice large flat screen TV in the rooms. The food supplied for our meetings was very good and dessert for a lunch we had even featured a Bumpy cake, a local tradition (Check out Sanders a chocolate/dessert place in town for the real deal). The gym is ok, machines a little older, but all in working order and it was a decent size space. Overall very happy with my stay and would not hesitate to recommend to others.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for writing and telling us about your experience at Royal Park - we are delighted that you enjoyed yourself so much that you can recommend us to other travelers. We take our guest's experience and comfort very seriously and want every guest to enjoy their time with us.

We are so fortunate to be part of the Rochester community and get to share our award-winning Main Street with all guests. Sanders is a favorite for many of us and now you can see why it is so popular locally.

When you return to the area, please ask our Guest Service Experts about our Stash Rewards loyalty program offering you points for your visit with us to a number of independent hotels nationally. It does rival our brand compeition.

Please call upon me on your next visit to town, I would welcome the chance to meet you.

Brooklyn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

The absolute worst service I have ever experienced in my life. I hope no one ever goes here. I went to a private party there. First of all they wouldn't let me finish my food, I would be halfway done with a course and they would just take my plate from me. Then they would only let me have champaign with a toast, they also have a horrible alcohol selection and dilute everything with ice and water. Their bartender is a moron who makes the most disgusting drinks. On top of that the hotel decided not to tell anyone to bring our IDs so half of the party couldn't even drink. They also IDd me twice when I wasn't even drinking alcohol. I felt like I was in high school. It was awful. I used to be a bartender and I'm very understanding, however there is no excuse for such awful service.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Burshteyn01
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent experience at Royal Park Hotel and please accept my apology personally and on behalf of the entire Royal Park team.

It is so disappointing to hear that your experience was less than acceptable. I do hope that you will contact me at 248.453.8700 or via email at jharatsis@royalparkhotel.net so that we may speak directly. I would like to capture as much information from you as possible as to the event you attended in order to fully investigate your comments and insure that no other guest has the same experience.

I am very surprised about your comment regarding 'the hotel decided not to tell anyone to bring our IDs so half the people couldnt drink'. We have a specific protocol regarding this matter.

I do hope that you will contact me so at yoru earliest convenience.I welcome the opportunity to learn of your experience.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Always friendly and courteous at check in and out. The rooms are very comfortable with wonderful linens and pillows. We love to stay here! Rochester is a great town with lots to see and do. It's a little ways away from the major highways but it's easy enough to navigate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room up front to avoid a long walk.