“Casual and elegant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Cary, North Carolina
“Casual and elegant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Rochester is a more relaxed alternative to nearby Birmingham, so it is fitting that the Royal Park is a more casual luxury alternative to Birmingham's somewhat-pretentious Townsend Hotel. I've stayed at both properties multiple times, and while the Townsend arguably is the more "luxurious" of the two hotels, I would choose the Royal Park every time.

Here is what I like: spacious and quiet rooms; large bathrooms and walk-in closets; friendly and attentive staff; a more relaxed bar; walking distance to downtown Rochester.

If you are going to be in the Rochester/Auburn Hills area, and you really want something different (and yes, slightly more expensive) than the typical chain hotels that populate this area, do yourself a favor and try the Royal Park.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Paint Creek are the most desirable. However, after many stays in a variety of rooms an...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
1 Thank socalduck
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for your kiind words about our hotel. We are grateful for your recommendation to any guest that is coming to Rochester/Auburn Hills - we, too, believe we are different and a wonderful alternative to brand name hotels.

We are very fortunate to be so close to downtown Rochester which offers our guests many options for dining, beverages and shopping or a simple walk, run or bike ride on the Paint Creek Trail. It is just a wonderful community.

In sharing your comments with the staff, they all felt that you hit the nail on the head with your wording of our 'casual luxury' feel...and most important to me is that you felt that our staff was friendly and attentive.

I do hope that you will visit with us soon. Please look me up when you arrive.

Jay Haratsis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I spent one night here while attending a family wedding. We were delighted to walk into a spacious, clean room after a vacation in a cabin up north! The bedroom (comfortable queen sized bed) was roomy as was the bathroom. We had a balcony w/table and chairs that we were not able to take advantage of because of the short time we were there. The food served at the banquet was delicious and graciously presented by professional attentive staff. I would love to have a reason to visit this area again. I would definitely stay at the Royal Park Hotel!

Room Tip: We had a 2nd floor balcony room overlooking a green square. We had no problem with noise-either outs...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
1 Thank Iowajeannie
We are delighted that you were able to spend your family wedding with us recently and are so grateful for your positive words about your experience.

I have shared your comments with the staff and, as you might guess, they were elated - especially our culinary team and banquet service team. I only wish that you did have the opportunity to spend time on our terrace while you visited - it is so soothing and calming after a busy day.

I do hope that you have the chance to visit with us again in the near future. Please feel free to look me up.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This is a great place in a really cool town. An easy walk into town for restaurants and shopping. Beautiful setting with the river walk. Room service has lots of options if you prefer to stay in. Rooms are very nice. Common areas are showing a bit of wear and tear but it's still quite nice. Well equipped gym. Cookies in the afternoon and turn down service with an apple.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience to Royal Park Hotel. I am delighted that you found our hotel enjoyable and the Rochester community "a really cool town" - we wholeheartedly agree with you. Main Street offers so many fun things to do and is just a few steps away.

We are so glad that you found that the food options here were plentiful and that you enjoyed our fitness room. We will be addressing public space iin the near future.

I do hope that you will visit with us the next time you are in the area...and feel free to call upon me when you do.

Southbridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel was a few steps up in every category that you could measure. Right from our arrival at the front door – to our departure 4 days later, this was a wonderful stay for us.

We were the parents of the groom – at a wedding being held at the hotel, so we had many guests that attended as well as many events over a few days. Everything was wonderful –

When you come to stay – you must bring your walking or running shoes as they are located right on some long “Rail Trails”, beside small rivers and streams. Just a wonderful way to start the day!

Absolutely better than expected!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Congratulations on the wedding of your son and welcoming a daughter to your family!

We are so appreciative of your kind words about your experience at Royal Park Hotel. I have shared this with the staff and they were thrilled about being called "The Best". The hotel is certainly not your typical hotel and we strive to be better than any of our competitors.

We are truly fortunate to have the Paint Creek Trail right outside our door for walking, running and biking as well as fly fishing.

I do hope that you will have the time to visit with us again. Please look me up when you arrive.

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I live in the area and stay here every tie y power goes out. I ate at the brookshire restaurant and the food was amazing and the service was even better. I slept well and it was o less than a five star experience. Thank you royal park!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. As a local guest we are so appreciative that you visit with us - even when the power goes out - when you have so many alternatives.

I know our Brookshire staff will be thrilled to hear your compliments about the food and service they presented to you. I am thrilled to know that you found our beds so comfortable that you were able to sleep well while away from home.

I look forward to seeing you again - please look me up.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel does it right. The Brookshire is fine dining at it's best: outstanding food, impeccable service, every detail looked after. Even the casual outside dining is on a beautiful creek lined patio with live entertainment on the weekends. The rooms are spotless, decorated beautifully and very luxurious. Even in the middle of summer wedding season, our stay was quiet, restful and spa-like. The hotel was busy, but you'd never know it. No lines at check-in or check-out. No noise on the floors. Even our outside balcony was a beautiful oasis at night where we could put our feet up and enjoy a late night dessert from the kitchen delivered right to our balcony. There was nothing about our stay that wasn't 5 star. We'll be back and we'll be recommending it to all of our friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about your visit to Royal Park Hotel. I know that our team will be thrilled to hear of your experience when I share them at our upcoming All Hands Meeting.

We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful setting for our guests that is calming, restful and relaxing. Like you, I love the balconies as they provide a nice escape from your standard hotel room.

Thank you for your positive words about The Brookshire. We have been experiencing a nice uptick in business volume there and on our outdoor Terrace this summer.

I hope that you will take time to look me up on your next visit.

Best Wishes

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This place is beautiful and has everything you need. The problem is with service, when you stay at place like this you are expecting a certain level of service. This was not the case. We arrived on Friday night so you would expect there to be a few people at check in. There was only one. The check in process took us 20 minutes when it should have taken only 5. When we arrived in our room there was 2 gift bags for a wedding. We wanted to let the front desk know but we tried calling for over 10 minutes but only got a recording and were asked to call a cell phone number. This is the first time in a long time that I could not reach the front desk. So we stopped trying and unpacked. After another 15 minutes we tried again and finally got through. We were out late and decided to sleep in. The maid knocked once and came in without announcing who she was or waiting for us to answer. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. Improving on their service could get them a 5 star rating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience at Royal Park Hotel. I am so glad that you found the property attractive and having everything that you need.

I apologize that we were not staffed accordingly at the time of your arrival and caused a delay in your check-in. It is clear that this staffing error affected your ability to contact the desk immediately upon arriving at your room. Our housekeeping staff has been instructed to knock twice prior to entering and our Director of Housekeeping has reminded his team that this is protocol.

Please know that you comments are important to me and our team as we are always looking for ways to improve our service and, ultimately, every guest's experience with us.

I do hope that you will call upon me on your next visit.

Best Wishes

Jay Haratsis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
The Townsend Hotel
Greektown Casino Hotel
The Atheneum
The Atheneum
#14 of 33 in Detroit

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!