“Time Stops, for the better”
Review of Knapp's Dairy Bar

Knapp's Dairy Bar
Ranked #30 of 93 Restaurants in Rochester
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Knapp's is an institution in Rochester. It still has my favorite hamburger. It is fresh, very thin and large. The taste is wonderful and you can add onions and relish to your liking. The chocolate malt is large enough to share, and reminds me of the malts I used to have with my grandfather. Be warned, the cost is higher than a McDonald's meal but it is well worth it.

1  Thank CaptnMikeRochester

Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you ask, you can get THICK malts/milkshakes. Used to get them without asking. Several flavors of malts/milkshakes. The hamburg buns are made by the bakery next door. Good seasoned fries, huge onion rings. The service is always good. Sit at a booth or at the counter on turning top stools. Grilled ham/cheese is good. Cleanliness can be an issue at this restaurant.

1  Thank janet s
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Choose a booth or sit on the stools at the dairy bar. Fantastic malts, floats, and shakes made the old fashioned way. Popular, so the place can fill up with limited seating. Burgers are fair. Service is good. Fun experience. Flashback to the 50's / 60's.

1  Thank LAMMER13
Reviewed 24 October 2013

went here with the grandkids and they experienced what it used to be like to get a burger/fries and milkshake/malt.
fresh, quality ingredients!!
Shake/malt served in metal container so you get to fill your tall shake glass 2 1/2 times - yummy

1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I know it is a Rochester establishment but I feel that the burgers and fries are just bland here. I enjoy the shakes and sitting up at the counter with my 5 and 2 year old. They get a kick out of it. The service last time was also lousy. We came in all happy and the server we got was just not friendly at all. She never smiled. Greeted us with a "what can I get you?" We left and said thank you... no thank you back to us. I was annoyed and will likely not go back because the experience is all I feel I get out of a place like this and it was a sour one at best.