“A lovely place to have lunch”
Review of Victorian Rose

Victorian Rose
Ranked #45 of 91 Restaurants in Rochester
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our group of 9 people met for lunch. They served us 3 different kinds of tea, all served in pretty tea pots. For lunch I had the Chicken Pot Pie with a side of Victorian Salad & both were very good. Lunch came with dessert & we had a nice slice of chocolate cake. No problems with food nor service. Not sure if guys come for lunch (none was there when we were) but this is a nice place for a girls get-together.

2  Thank floRDMichigan

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We went to Victorian Rose for a birthday lunch. I had the chicken salad which was served with a fabulous scone and a lovely flavored butter. Friends had the chicken pot pie with side salad. All delicious and accompanied by the raspberry flavored tea. The service friendly and the prices reasonable. The building is old, on a side street in downtown Rochester.

2  Thank blondbear
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We went there to celebrate a birthday. The atmosphere was exactly what we expected in a small old house converted to a tea house. However, the food was marginal. The tea selection was nice and served in cute tea pots. One of us ordered iced tea which came pre-sweetened. We asked that it be replaced with unsweetened tea. Never happened. While the menu was nice, service as marginal

2  Thank LAMMER13
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I had one of the worst restaurant experiences at the Victorian Rose today. The waitress was very rude, to everyone. I was with a decent sized group, and by the end of our meal everyone was walking on eggshells so as not to upset this rude and sassy waitress. While I ordered my veggie sandwich, I asked instead of soup or salad as a side to have a simple dinner roll. The waitress refused this saying that my sandwich came on a roll, why should I have another. I told her that I just wanted a roll, I'd pay for it. Since my sandwich came on a roll, she said "I just don't think that you need that much bread". I was so embarrassed that she would speak that way to me. This is just one of the rude ways that she interacted with our group. Among other things, she wouldn't allow my friend to have a different dressing on her salad, even though they had others. I guess that was just too much for her to handle.

11  Thank Andie S
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Victorian Rose was the perfect venue for a special birthday party. There were 12 of us, in our own special little dining area, with room for a gift table. We had pre-ordered our selections: either a chicken salad plate with homemade scone, or mixed green salad with grilled chicken and homemade raspberry vinaigrette. I chose the chicken salad plate and it was delicious! I think it edged out the mixed green salad as the favorite of the day, but really everyone enjoyed their meal very much. Service was wonderful! The people there are so friendly and sweet. We lingered until closing (the restaurant serves lunch only) and never felt rushed. It was a really lovely experience.

1  Thank MrsVig

Been to Victorian Rose? Share your experiences!