“clean and great location”
Review of Driftwood Motel

Driftwood Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rogers City
Reviewed 18 August 2013

rooms need updating and mattresses need to be replaced. had to sleep in the middle of the bed to find comfort. sink plugged up but once reported, they hopefully will fix it. very clean though. wonderful location for seeing Lake Huron

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NorthBell

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Road weary after over 3 weeks on the road we riding around Rogers City when we found the Driftwood Motel. It is located on Lake Huron. We did not have a reservation but Heidi treated us like we were family. The motel has a continental breakfast available, the rooms were large with a balcony and a great view of Lake Huron. The lake is about a 2 minute walk. The better view is on the second floor. The water pressure fir the shower was very good. We enjoyed our first night so much we stayed for a second night. The motel is off the main highway and was in a very quiet location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sunjammerz2
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I, along with our 14 yr old grandson, just had a lovely stay at the Driftwood on a beautiful Michigan day & night. Our room was clean and comfortable and we were able to enjoy the small balcony on the lakeside both in the evening and the following morning. We also could sleep with the slider door open to let in the fresh lake air. Breakfast was adequate and staff was friendly. It was nice to be back at the Driftwood after many years and find it as welcoming as we remembered.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank barbodarbo
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This August was my third stay in Rogers City over the last four years and also at the Driftwood. The hotel has a great location right off of Lake Huron with a clear view (from most rooms). It offers a nice pool and hot tub. The breakfast will probably not leave you hungry. Unfortunately, it does seem that it has been a victim of time, as the rooms do appear very tired. The last time I was there, there was wall paper peeling in the room (about one foot peeled back from top corner). The price seems high for the condition, but there is not a lot of competition in town to help with that aspect.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Ken_T_allenite
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Each year for the past 6 years I go to Rogers City for my annual get away and I always choose Driftwood. It has a beautiful view of the lake, the rooms have always been clean, the management is always courteous and everyone in the city is friendly. I love the trails that are around the hotel and you can walk or ride your bike from the hotel to almost anywhere in town. I know I will always have a great stay when I visit that area :)

Room Tip: Request 2nd floor to enjoy the sunrise in the morning
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ALPenner
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This was a wonderful comfortable experience. Pleasant people and extremely clean. Gorgeous views of Lake Huron and close to downtown area. I would highly recommended this motel to anyone visiting the Rogers City area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Candie Arlt S
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The room I stayed in at the Driftwood Motel was very nice. The room was clean and well taken care of. Being close to Downtown is very nice. The gal at the counter even found a towtruck driver to unlock my car late one night. THANK YOU!

Room Tip: upper floor is better.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Rick W

Been to Driftwood Motel? Share your experiences!