“Great Location.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rogers City
Detroit, Michigan
“Great Location.”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great location. View of the lake and a short walk to the shore. Park right outside your room. Nice staff; friendly. A step above the typical non chain owner operated motel. We paid $75 in late October. Free breakfast was adequate but nothing special. Clean but just tired. We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Richard M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Very mixed feelings here. I wish I could give a 2.5 rating, but I bumped it up to a 3 because my experience may have been a fluke. The location is wonderful. I woke up with a beautiful sunrise on the lake and it's right near downtown. The breakfast was really not bad and the coffee was good, and I enjoyed the Wi-Fi. However I found the mattress to be quite lumpy, with springs in my back, and my room was FULL of flies. House flies and fruit flies. I arrived exhausted so I only tried hunting them for a short time before I went to sleep. I had dreams of buzzing bees all night, and would be woken by flies buzzing my head. I had to hide my toothbrush. It was quite gross and enough to keep me from going back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Kmwalter
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We ended up at the Driftwood after our car unfortunately decided to break down on a Friday afternoon and ended up being somewhat stranded in a city we knew nothing about until it was fixed. The Driftwood was actually the third motel we tried to get a room in - the other two along US 23 either didn't have a receptionist at all or only took cash, so we were pleased when the Driftwood managed to help us out. All the staff we came into contact with were extremely friendly and really helped us out with suggesting good places to eat and things to do.

Rooms were clean and a good size with TV, fridge, hair dyer, iron and ironing board and being on the second floor we had gorgeous view out across the lake. Be prepared for lovely sunsets and sunrises - the view is incredible! There is also free wi-fi although the signal is not the strongest and there is a little balcony with two chairs to sit out upon. Breakfast is free and very filling with options for donuts, muffins, cereals to toast and yogurts and a range of drinks - orange and apple juice to coffee.

Great base for getting out and walking along the trail to the state park, good couple of local run cafes and restaurants in the city too. If we're ever in the area again, we'll certainly make a point to stay here!

Room Tip: Try and get a room upon the second floor for amazing views, and if you need wi-fi get a room close t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jray2436
Brampton
Reviewed 29 September 2013

A very nice, quaint and friendly, small town motel. Don't expect a lot, but you'll probably get what you paid for: This isn't the Grand Hotel in Manhattan. But the staff are exceptionally friendly (as are most people in Rogers City). The breakfast room is small and although it's not gourmet, most people should be able to make due with a pretty good assortment of breakfast foods. I didn't mind the coffee either.

Room Tip: The air conditioner is a bit of a noisy beast. You may want to bring ear plugs (I did). And why di...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank R0NfromCanada
Pittsford, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were in alpena mich, about a hour from drift wood motel. Never been that way before. We called and asked these questions, r u on the lake,do u have a pool, what was the price? We were told that it was on the water,yes they had a pool, heated and that it was only $90. We headed there after a 6 hr drive. It was not on the water, the pool was not heated and the price went up to $100. We were so tired we took it. So disappointed.when we called we asked if it had a microwave.it did not. The room had peeling Wallpaper, dirty floors, the towels had holes in them, th ice machine was broke. The shower from up stairs was leaking in the wall. When we finally fell a sleep, my car alarm went off. I will not ever come back to this motel. What kind motel closes the office and everything at 9pm?

11 Thank Laura S

Travellers are raving about these Rogers City hotels

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 August 2013

rooms need updating and mattresses need to be replaced. had to sleep in the middle of the bed to find comfort. sink plugged up but once reported, they hopefully will fix it. very clean though. wonderful location for seeing Lake Huron

2 Thank NorthBell
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Road weary after over 3 weeks on the road we riding around Rogers City when we found the Driftwood Motel. It is located on Lake Huron. We did not have a reservation but Heidi treated us like we were family. The motel has a continental breakfast available, the rooms were large with a balcony and a great view of Lake Huron. The lake is about a 2 minute walk. The better view is on the second floor. The water pressure fir the shower was very good. We enjoyed our first night so much we stayed for a second night. The motel is off the main highway and was in a very quiet location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
3 Thank Sunjammerz2

Been to Driftwood Motel? Share your experiences!