“Awful service!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
“Awful service!”
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

The staff here is soooo rude! The breakfast staff with exception of the lady (Vicki) making the omelettes were rude and unfriendly! Terrible!
On Saturday morning, one of the breakfast staff was moping the floors and kept sighing when guest would walk through. She had both sections blocked off and no way to get around.
After breakfast on Saturday morning, one of the staff a young girl, cam to clean the table, my husband and I both said thank you, got no response which on itself I could care less but when my seven year old son says thank you and she doesn't even respond, that's just bad service.
Rude! And unfriendly is how I will remember this stay.

• Stayed December 2012
geoffthompsongm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Embassy Suites, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret that our breakfast staff did not provide you the exceptional level of service you deserve. I can assure you that I have personally spoken to our staff and guarantee this will not happen again. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Our guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Auburn, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

It is a much older hotel but overall a nice stay. As all. ways with Embassy Suites reception and breakfast were awesome. There are several very good restaurants near by. We will stay here when we return.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 14 December 2012

The shuttle service coming in was pretty slow, and I was somewhat disappointed when I saw the other shuttles going around two, three, four, five times and still no Embassy Suites. I waited about an hour for the shuttle, flight got in at 1740, arrived at the hotel at 1930. I came in from overseas so I didn't have a cell phone to call the hotel. After waiting for 45 minutes, luckily, someone getting on a Holiday Inn shuttle called the hotel for me, and they told me it would be ten minutes. 15 minutes later, they picked me up. Quite uncommon for the brand, I have to say and very frustrating.

Of course by the time I got here, happy hour was over, so no free drinks for me. I then tried to take a taxi and no taxis would bring me here since they would get such a low fare, I suppose, they kept telling me to wait for the shuttle.

The hotel doesn't have the normal atrium set up common for Embassy Suites. Normal corridor hotel. I love the security of the atrium set up, which is how Embassy Suites tends to market it.

The room was fine, plenty of space, although old style bathtub, etc. Shower drain was kind of stopped up with hair, and also the sink in the bedroom wouldn't allow you to stop the drain, old. I was traveling alone, but there isn't a "hard" door between the bedroom and the sitting area, just a slatted door, so not as much privacy as usual. I like the set up of Living room leading to bathroom leading to bedroom, but this one you have the bathoom in the bedroom. Again, not a big deal for solos or couples. Not that great for families who like the two distinct rooms.

In general the room was clean, except for hairs in the bathroom. I think they may have been from the maid, because the room appeared clean, but then there was a hair on one of the towels and one on the bathtub. Perhaps just an oversight, some people would be totally grossed out. Not really grossed out, but again, not really common for this brand to be trifling with hair and stuff in the bathroom.

HIGHLIGHT was the restaurant 8600. I had the dinner special which was an absolute steal for 13.95. 10 oz (my guess) Ribeye with bleu cheese crumbles, huge portion of fries and greenbeans for sides. The steak was excellent and the service was attentive and friendly. The ladies really provided an "at home" atmosphere that was welcoming and not snooty at all.

I would say the shuttle service reliability is a major issue. I need that to be on par, especially since I am just using the hotel as a stopover. But the value is still there with the breakfast, etc. In general, I would give this hotel four dots, however, considering the issues not common with the brand, I'm only giving three dots. So there.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I was really surprised with the accommodations, as I didn't expect much near the airport. However, this place was top notch for $140. Easy to get to, comfortable beds, clean rooms, pleasant staff and surprisingly quiet.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

I had the opportunity to stay here in December of 2012, due to issues at the Canadian Border. The lobby was perfect, the room clean, and the hot tub was HOT, which is a great thing.

The staff was very friendly and went out of there way to find me a King Room.

Will definitely stay here again.

MI
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a mini "getaway", so peace, quiet and a high level of service was important. Nearly everything about this hotel was perfect except one thing, thus the 4 stars. (I'd give it 4.5 if I could)

Check-in was flawless, Steve was friendly and quick. The atrium lobby was beautiful, modern and open with a Cafe, Lounge and plenty of comfy seating.

The one King bed room was immaculate, yet a bit smaller than other Embassys I've stayed in. Bathroom was spotless and amenities were Crabtree & Evelyn shampoos and lotion with large soft towels. The shower was hot with great water pressure. The bed was a little firm for my taste, but the sheets, blankets and duvets were plush and comfortable. My sinuses were a little stuffed after the first night, so they may use down pillows and duvets.

The fitness center had a great variety of clean, modern equipment with water, towels and headphones. The indoor pool was small, but enough to relax in. The whirlpool was clean, hot and spacious.

Nearly all the hotel staff was very friendly. Tyrone, the bartender for the Manager's Reception, was always smiling. Vicki knew how to make your omelette and pancakes perfectly and always had a smile. (She makes waffles Mon-Fri) Cedric was chatting with the guests during breakfast, making people feel at home. Most all the housekeeping staff were smiling and courteous.

The Manager's Reception offered chips, pretzels, nachos, veggies & dip with pop, coffee and a good variety of alcoholic choices.

The breakfast was tasty, with made to order omelettes, pancakes, bacon, sausage, french toast sticks, potatoes & scrambled eggs. Also a nice assortment of breads, muffins, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, and oatmeal. (The OJ was VERY tasty!)

The one large downfall: A kid's hockey team was in town and both kids and adults were VERY loud until 10:30pm. They ran thru the lobby screaming, thru the halls, in the fitness room and took over the pool area. The next morning I asked to have my room moved. Thomas, the Manager went the extra mile and checked everywhere for an opening, to find one on the opposite side of the hotel one floor up. That made a HUGE difference. Embassy Suites: please have more control over this type of inconsiderate behavior or think ahead on where you put these types of groups.

Thomas saved my impression of this hotel and I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher up your room, the more plane noise you'll hear.