Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
US$132
US$126
US$120
1,035 results
All reviewsevening receptionburger barmanagers receptionmade to order omeletsliving roomexcellent breakfasthockey tournamentcomplimentary breakfastmorning breakfastexercise rooma great place to staydetroit metro airportrooms are cleanfitness centerwould stay here againexcellent staylobby area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

Great staff, wonderful complimentary breakfast buffet, rooms so clean you could eat off the floor. For the price this hotel is an extremely good value! Staff extremely helpful and accommodating. Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank ABBIE7878
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

The staff here is soooo rude! The breakfast staff with exception of the lady (Vicki) making the omelettes were rude and unfriendly! Terrible!
On Saturday morning, one of the breakfast staff was moping the floors and kept sighing when guest would walk through. She had both sections blocked off and no way to get around.
After breakfast on Saturday morning, one of the staff a young girl, cam to clean the table, my husband and I both said thank you, got no response which on itself I could care less but when my seven year old son says thank you and she doesn't even respond, that's just bad service.
Rude! And unfriendly is how I will remember this stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
geoffthompsongm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Embassy Suites, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret that our breakfast staff did not provide you the exceptional level of service you deserve. I can assure you that I have personally spoken to our staff and guarantee this will not happen again. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Our guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

It is a much older hotel but overall a nice stay. As all. ways with Embassy Suites reception and breakfast were awesome. There are several very good restaurants near by. We will stay here when we return.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

The shuttle service coming in was pretty slow, and I was somewhat disappointed when I saw the other shuttles going around two, three, four, five times and still no Embassy Suites. I waited about an hour for the shuttle, flight got in at 1740, arrived at the hotel at 1930. I came in from overseas so I didn't have a cell phone to call the hotel. After waiting for 45 minutes, luckily, someone getting on a Holiday Inn shuttle called the hotel for me, and they told me it would be ten minutes. 15 minutes later, they picked me up. Quite uncommon for the brand, I have to say and very frustrating.

Of course by the time I got here, happy hour was over, so no free drinks for me. I then tried to take a taxi and no taxis would bring me here since they would get such a low fare, I suppose, they kept telling me to wait for the shuttle.

The hotel doesn't have the normal atrium set up common for Embassy Suites. Normal corridor hotel. I love the security of the atrium set up, which is how Embassy Suites tends to market it.

The room was fine, plenty of space, although old style bathtub, etc. Shower drain was kind of stopped up with hair, and also the sink in the bedroom wouldn't allow you to stop the drain, old. I was traveling alone, but there isn't a "hard" door between the bedroom and the sitting area, just a slatted door, so not as much privacy as usual. I like the set up of Living room leading to bathroom leading to bedroom, but this one you have the bathoom in the bedroom. Again, not a big deal for solos or couples. Not that great for families who like the two distinct rooms.

In general the room was clean, except for hairs in the bathroom. I think they may have been from the maid, because the room appeared clean, but then there was a hair on one of the towels and one on the bathtub. Perhaps just an oversight, some people would be totally grossed out. Not really grossed out, but again, not really common for this brand to be trifling with hair and stuff in the bathroom.

HIGHLIGHT was the restaurant 8600. I had the dinner special which was an absolute steal for 13.95. 10 oz (my guess) Ribeye with bleu cheese crumbles, huge portion of fries and greenbeans for sides. The steak was excellent and the service was attentive and friendly. The ladies really provided an "at home" atmosphere that was welcoming and not snooty at all.

I would say the shuttle service reliability is a major issue. I need that to be on par, especially since I am just using the hotel as a stopover. But the value is still there with the breakfast, etc. In general, I would give this hotel four dots, however, considering the issues not common with the brand, I'm only giving three dots. So there.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I was really surprised with the accommodations, as I didn't expect much near the airport. However, this place was top notch for $140. Easy to get to, comfortable beds, clean rooms, pleasant staff and surprisingly quiet.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business