“Perfect Weekend Stay”

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Perfect Weekend Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Our family was meeting in Detroit to attend a wedding. Some were flying and some were driving so this hotel made a perfect spot near the airport to stay with easy access to Detroit and Ann Arbor. This hotel had lots of space and a wonderful complimentary breakfast and evening reception every day. Since it was Memorial Day weekend there were a lot of families there and the staff did a wonderful job of keeping up with everything. We would definitely go back.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
strathroy, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

Great hotel to meet with a group of hockey parents. Nice and clean. Great for get togethers in the courtyard. Hotel treated us with food and drinks. The staff was friendly and kind. it was relaxing to come to between hockey games.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Grand Blanc, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

This hotel does an excellent job in all phases. Including the staff friendlyness, responsiveness in all departments. Clean in the rooms, lobby, breakfast/dinner area's, pool, hallways, fitness room, etc. I must recommend this hotel to anyone who does not want unwanted surprises.

Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel during the American Thanksgiving weekend for a hockey tournament. We traveled by bus and arrived on Thanksgiving Day when everything around us was closed. We were so thankful for 'happy hour' and have never seen this done at another hotel. From 5:30 p.m - 7:30 p.m. there was a complimentary buffet of snack food and an open bar. What a welcome! Especially after being on a bus for almost 10 hour and having 16 hungry Canadian hockey players wanting to eat right away. The staff was so friendly even though they were working on a huge National Holiday. We ordered from the restaurant menu and the prices were super reasonable and the food was great. Our server was so friendly even though she was working an extra-long shift to accommodate the hotel guests.

The rooms were ok. I wasn't a fan of the shutter door to separate the living area with the sleep area. Installing an actual door would do wonders for the quality of stay. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms was very clean.

The entire main lobby is a reception area for people to convene in which is great for keeping people out of hallways and really lessons the probability of loud 'party rooms' on a floor. It is perfect for hockey teams (or other large groups).

The complimentary breakfast offers a wide variety and the made-to-order omelette bar was fantastic.

It was a perfect stay at this hotel and really added to our tournament experience.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Back for another stop over stay with the family. No changes from the last time 4 years ago. Decor and room are the same. A little modern and clean. I can't remember if I mentioned this in my previous review but the separate living space is separated by a privacy screen instead of a solid door. Now if you have people sleeping in the sofa bed be prepared to see the light on or hear the tv on from behind the screen. Vice versa of course but other than that criticism I would come back. My other observation was that the price never changed from when I booked 6 months in advanced. I go through a routine of checking for any price changes and of all the places I visited this trip, this hotel was the only one that never changed. Hummm. Just an observation for you tripadvisor readers. Anyways good stay as expected. Will be back for another stop over.

buffalo, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

clean room, excellent complimentary breakfast. would stay hear again.mattress in rollaway bed was very uncomfortable.good value for the price. very quiet. pool was not open.room was a suite it was very nice size.

Ogallala
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Fortunately I booked this through Priceline. Had I paid full price, I would have been way more unhappy. Much smaller than other Embassy Suites roomwise. Yes, it was 2 rooms, sort of. The main room was very small with it's "kitchenette" being nothing more than would be found in your average motel room that provides a microwave and frig. Decor however was very nice. Between the main room and bedroom was a folding "door". Neither the folding door or the entrance door did anything to cover sound from the hallways. Kids were roaming the halls very loudly at 1 am and I had a plane to catch at 7 am. Needless to say, I didn't sleep. To top it off, the heat system nearly make me fall out of bed when it blared on. The toilet didn't flush properly and the maintenance man didn't manage to fix it although he claimed to have. In fairness, I could have changed rooms, but chose not to since I was very tired and needed to sleep which plan failed miserably anyway. Since I had to leave so early, I wasn't able to avail myself of the cooked to order breakfast which would have gone a long way to mitigate the shortcomings. I would probably not recommend this particular Embassy Suites and now understand why it was available on Priceline for a VERY reduced rate. Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: No idea where a good room was. It wasn't where I was.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
geoffthompsongm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you were disappointed regarding some issues and more specifically that you found our hotel to be somewhat noisy. I sincerely apologize if some of the children staying with us were rowdy and disturbed you in any way. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action. In the meantime, if I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you again for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport? Share your experiences!