“Very reliable choice”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice with my family while traveling through the area. Good manager's reception and excellent breakfast both times. Rooms were good both time - some small areas in need of attention but overall quite good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Lora L, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online and we hope that you will stay with us again next time you're in the Detroit area. If there is anything we can do for you let us know.
Director of Sales & Catering

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were out of town for my Daughter's 10th birthday and the stay was great!! The indoor/outdoor pool is all she requested but once I came across the three-room executive suite, we were in heaven. I was able to dress the table and set up a power point in one room for dining. Set up presents and drinks in the living room and the kids shared the master suite. The pool was excellent and when it was "out of order" on day two they gave us passes to the Romulus Aquatic Center (the kids LOVED the waterpark). Make sure to request extra towels and make sure all your cable stations are working. The evening reception was a wonderful surprise for free drinks and the morning breakfast was perfect to feed the crew!!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns regarding the towels and teevision stations are our concerns! We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

we had a very relaxing night after flying back from Vegas, instead of rushing home to Canada. We relaxed, had a drink in the bar and just chilled. We had a great nights sleep and woke to a wonderful freshly cooked breakfast. nice way to end a trip

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay and and I hope to welcome you back to the Embassy Suites Detroit Metro Airport again soon.
Director of Sales & Catering

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I selected this hotel because it was at the airport and I was arriving later in the evening and departing early in the morning. Overall, this is a very good hotel. The room was comfortable and all of the rooms have windows that open to the outside, unlike most Embassy Suites where one set of windows opens to an atrium. As a result, the rooms have more light than the typical Embassy Suite room.

The hotel staff needs to pay more attention to their preparations for guests. The card keys I received when I checked in did not work in the door to my room. I had to return to the front desk to have my key changed. It was not such a big deal. But arriving at midnight, it was an annoyance. The following day, at the end of the afternoon when I returned to the hotel, I found my card key did not work again. It should not be too much to ask for the card keys I receive when I check in to work in the door of my room each day of my stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank harpo11

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stayby proving you with guest room keys that did not work. Based upon your review I am actively participating with our guest service representatives to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.
Director fo Sales & Catering

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The room was actually a suite. One room with sitting area, wet bar and fridge, flat screen TV and dining table. Also a roomy bedroom with bath and another flat screen. View of the courtyard and quiet. Very clean and staff is helpful. Shuttle runs on time every 15 minutes. They even picked us up at the Rent Car place and brought us back to the hotel; then took us to the airport the next morning. Lobby has several restaurants and seating like a food court. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: I assume that 'Embassy Suites' means each room is a suite, but these are true suites, not so...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking your time to write our hotel such a lovely review. Your positive comments are very much appreciated and thank you for taking the time to make them. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I reviewed this hotel two years ago after a stay there. Hotels change over time, so I felt the need to refresh the review. This hotel will be my choice again and again when flying from Detroit. The park and fly option makes this hotel VERY affordable. The pool area is fantastic, with an indoor/outdoor pool. The kids love it. The rooms are up-to-date, clean and of good size. The lobby is nice and the staff are friendly. There is a decent gym, a lobby bar and coffee shop. Breakfast was included and was one of the best 'included' breakfasts I've ever had. The Manager's Reception in the evening included a selection of nibblers and free drinks! The shuttle drivers were great and very helpful in making sure you were on at the right time for your Airport journey. The drive to the airport was only a few minutes. Really, we could not have had a better experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We are pleased to hear you enjoy your stay and all the amenities the hotel has to offer. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

When staying overnight prior to flying out of the Detroit International airport this hotel is my definite go to place. It is very clean and the staff here are extremely customer focused. They even offer a park and fly services with an extremely reliable parking facility close by and includes up to 8 nights of parking. I love this establishment and hope you do too!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Lora L, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for using our Park & Fly Package. We are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport? Share your experiences!