“Our choice flying out of Detroit”

SpringHill Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Toronto, Canada
“Our choice flying out of Detroit”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

When we fly out of Wayne County Airport we stay here. Good value, affordable, quick check in and nice rooms. Convenient long term parking with shuttle service to the airport with shuttles waiting on your return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
West Islip, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night before our flight home. Our suite was well appointed, clean and quiet. We had a corner room on the fourth floor. The bathroom was split with a separate bathroom from the shower area. Breakfast was nothing special, but enough to get you started for the day. Plenty of room for a couple or a small family. Walk in shower with rain shower head was delightful.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I recently got stuck at the airport and stayed at this hotel for one night. I was really surprised as to how amazingly nice it was. I usually stay at full service Marriotts or Courtyard. But if all SpringHill suites were this nice (which they are not), I'd switch to Springhill suites. The rooms are almost as nice as some of the full service Marriott's I've stayed at.

Very impressed.

Oh and the staff was very nice. The front desk attendant held a room for me, when I called him from the airport, and he did so without a reservation!

It was a bit pricey, but I assume it's because it was at the airport. For example I paid a lesser price at a beautiful full service, upscale Marriott in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This is an update to this hotel. I stayed at at least 10 different SpringHill Suites all over USA for business or pleasure. This is the best SpringHill Suites I stay so far. It is not just new and clean, but the ONLY SpringHill Suites has a separate shower and bathroom area. It means nothing when you travel alone. But for me with a teenage daughter that occupies the shower for 1 hour usually, having a separate bathroom for the rest of family to use at the same time is a God sent. I have searched all other SpringHill suites across the country when I travel with my family, none has the layout of this Detroit location. A word of caution, some folks are bother by the bathroom light shining through the smoke glass door during sleep; if someone uses the bathroom during the night. But if you are used to European design shower/bath doors, you will be fine.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed here for one night before a flight in the morning. Great deal for $119 with parking at Airlines Parking included. Rooms were clean, comfortable and stylish. A few stains on the couch but nothing major. Lobby was nice and modern with a bar for cocktails in the evening. Breakfast was very good in comparison to typical hotel fare. Nice choice of hot and food items. I will definitely stay here again for my next trip!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I have been very happy with my Springhill Suites recently and this was no exception. Rooms were nice and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was good and had plenty of options. Room was clean and I prefer the shower (no tub). The bathroom was a little strange with the tiny sink in a seperate toliet area with an additional sink area near the shower. Could be good though if there were multiple people in the room. Workout area was sufficient as well. I would definitely stay here again.

the only downside was I took the shuttle from the airport and it was a little slow to pick me up.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Welland, Ontario
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This hotel was very nice and clean. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, especially the lady who looks after the breakfast, she sure made my morning with putting a smile on my face when I was still half asleep. The rooms were a very nice size, with separate toilet room and shower room. The mini fridge came in handy. The only downfall to this room was with the mattress. My wife and I like a firmer bed than what is in the room, the bed felt like it was made from memory foam. But I guess this is just a personal preference.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family