“Love this place / excellent value for money :)”

SpringHill Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Great quality internet, good quality spacious rooms, free shuttle service, generous breakfast, nice bathroom, great staff and home to the "Detroit pour" what else would one want? :) Gym equipment could do with some TLC/upgrading but it does the job

Room Tip: get a room close to the lift / less aircraft noise there.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Rooms were large suites as you can tell in the title. I've stayed in Vegas for $500/night for rooms smaller than this. I love the first floor as I can walk straight to my room. Have to put key card in slot in the wall to get lights to come off which I'd never seen before but it's kind of cool and keeps you from losing your card. Door slams from neighbors were in issue but not major as the airconditioner fan was loud enough to drown out most noises. There was also a Nascar race in town that weekend but it was fine. Not too many places to eat near there except a sports bar across the road which I heard was good but Detroit has so many good restaurants nearby it's worth the drive. Wifi was free but very very slow. Hotel was immaculate. Cleanest hotel I've seen in a long time. Also a quick stop store within 5 min walking distance. No beer in there though.

Room Tip: Elevators are loud so request a room away from an elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel was so fantastic that it made me want to stay at Spring hill by Marriott in other locations.

Rooms are modern and incredibly clean. Excellent value and nice, modern aesthetic.

I wish all Springhill by Marriott properties were as nice as this one!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Refused to honor government rate. Strangely, I was told it applies only to Michigan state government, not to other state or provincial governments. No such qualification is listed on the Marriott website -- other Marriott properties routinely honor the rate for out-of-state government. I cancelled my reservation on site and stayed elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sjy30
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

This place is too noisy for sleep, so I decided I'd stay up and write this review. I have NEVER had a hotel stay like this and I travel a lot! I had a very early flight and needed a good nights sleep.

I am not picky & don't normally complain. So after putting up with all the noises (yelling, kids gighting, etc) coming thru the paper thin walls from the unruly room next doot, I called the front desk. I was so upset to have them blow me off when I called about the noise. They said "give them time to settle down." It's now been over an hour and its past midnight. More calls and no relief.

The primary job of a hotel is to provide a clean, comfortable place to sleep. Spring Hills failed miserably!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I was unexpectedly in need of a hotel room due to a cancelled flight and bid on Priceline for a hotel by the airport. SpringHill Suites took my bid for $85and I was so impressed with it. The staff was great, rooms clean, large, and modern. Comfertable beds, free breakfast and airport shuttle. There was a pool and workout room as well.

Room Tip: Room 304 was large and clean.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Another business trip had me staying in the Detroit area for several days. The location, for my purposes was ideal as I had to travel approximately 20 minutes in each direction each day.
The hotel was exceptional. Great room and amenities. Breakfast was also pretty good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business