This review is written by a business traveler who frequents many Marriott and Hilton-chain hotels throughout the year.
During a one-night stay in February 2009, I found this hotel to exceed all standards set for Marriott franchises. This property was opened in November 2008 and shows extremely well.
- friendly staff.
- 56Mbs wwireless internet connection.
- new lights, desks, beds, lamps.
- indirect lighting everywhere in the rooms
- newer linens, toiletries, shower curtains, picture frames, decor.
- no bathtub, but large frameless glass shower with indirect lighting.
- separate shower / toilet rooms, each with sliding frosted glass doors.
- excellent use of miniglass tiles on the walls in the bathrooms with backlit mirror.
- comprehensive work area with desk lamp and indiect lighting.
- fridge and microwave and coffee station with indirect lighting.
- full-length mirror on contemporary wardrobe cabinet.
- new energy saving technologies everywhere, including European / Asian standard of requiring a card key to activate any lighting.
- excellent indirect lighting above the bed, with reading lights for each occupant.
- dual curtain system (business shade plus traditional curtain).
- comfortbale L-shaped couch and chaise combination.
- close proximity to the airport, other hotels, and a couple of restaurants.
- 24-hour access to the fitness centre, pool, hot tub (unlike other franchises which close at 11:00 pm).
- great new design in the hallways and commn areas - brightly-lit, all providing a sense of warmth and security.
- Priced at $115-$120 per night.
- Distance from major business areas.
Overall, this hotel sets the high bar for design for all Marriott franchises. Those of you who have traveled to Asia and stayed at the most modern business hotels will find similarities between this property and those properties.
I would pick this location over full-line Marriotts and some Las vegas hotels. I would recommend it to friends and family, and in fact may put up with the long commute into the major business districts next time to enjoy this propertie's amenities.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus Hotel Romulus
- Springhill Suites Romulus