“Clean and Nice and Close to DTW”

Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Great location being near DTW and I-94, very nice rooms with comfortable bed. Safe place with plenty of electrical outlets near bed which is a MUST. Also a good rate. Everything business travelers desire. Very nice place that I stay at every trip to Detroit area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed at this location while on business. My room was clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was friendly and I would stay here again. The only issue was if you come back to the hotel late you may have trouble finding a parking place and will have to park at the adjacent hotel's parking lot.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This is a beautiful hotel! I especially loved the way the beds faced the windows so you could lay in bed and watch the planes fly by. I was expecting it to be a bit noisy because of proximity to the airport but I didn't hear anything! I'll be staying here again during my next trip. The staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful, too. Way to go!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Hampton does a great job of providing clean rooms with conveniently arranged bedside electrical and connectivity. I logged on effortlessly via dsl cable provided; I did not check the wireless. I found the shower's water temp nice and hot, pressure adequate. The chill-down was fairly quick from a quiet, efficient AC unit. If I must be forced to point to a negative, it's the toilet paper dispenser. The location in my room was to the rear-right of the toilet. It's hard to reach. The breakfast was typical Hampton. Since another reviewer brought this up, I should say I found a Belgian waffle maker in use. If the Hampton Inn breakfasts are not to your liking, there's a Bob Evans nearby.

All that said, here are two very positive firsts for me at ANY hotel. I observed a maid disinfecting the stainless steel of the water fountain on the first floor. I observed the front desk clerk--having no customers to wait on--grab a cloth and proceed to wipe down horizontal and vertical surfaces near his work area. These two candid observations demonstrate that the management at this unit has excellent, hard-working, motivated staff. I was and remain impressed. Because of this, the Romulus Hampton Inn will be my hotel of choice for future visits to the Detroit area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This hotel advertises a hot breakfast with waffles. We normally prefer Hampton Inns partly because of their breakfasts with bacon/sausage and waffle makers. This hotel had warmed frozen square waffles (no waffle maker) and omelets and bagel toppers for their bacon/sausage substitute. So don't expect the Hampton Inn breakfast experience at this Hampton Inn. On the upside, the room was very nice, we could not hear air traffic even though we were under the landing path, and the bedding was clean.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was one of the nicer Hampton Inn locations I have stayed at. Very nice rooms. Open breakfast area. Like most Hamptons, it was clean, well lit and comfortable. Location was very close to airport. Planes fly overhead. That might be an issue for light sleepers. I didn't notice it unless I was outside.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Me and my wife really enjoyed our stay. Building and rooms were clean and smelled fresh. The décor in the room was relaxing and user friendly. Especially the wall unit with attached desk counter top and microwave and fridge. The lobby was comfortable and the coffee was superb and always hot 24/7. one last but important was the bed which was just right. Me and my wife have busy schedules so sleep and comfort are very important to both of us. We will be back.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
0 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus? Share your experiences!