“Great Accommodations”

Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on my way home! The room was very clean and nice! I love the extra outlets for phones and computers! I also really like the glass showers. This was a really great stay! The overnight staff that checked me in were very professional. This hotel is very conveniently located for flying out of Detroit Metro Airport, one turn out of the lot and you are there!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Scott P

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn for several years, instead choosing some of the other chains. This is mostly due to my loss of respect for the Holiday Inn chain years ago. However, this hotel was booked by another entity and I had my pre-conceived concerns. It didn't take long for me to dismiss every concern and find myself in a very, very nice hotel!

The reception/check-in area is very spacious and roomy. The front desk staff were as professional as I have ever seen. My room was especially nice and roomy. The bed was every bit as comfortable as I have encountered at chains that were three times the price! Pillows were plentiful and so plush that I slept like a baby and didn't wake up with a sore neck! The HVAC system was spot on and the room was maintained at a constant temperature for my entire stay!

The bathroom was excellent. Nice tiled floors, a big mirror and sink area to spread toiletries out without being crowded and the shower was spacious. The water pressure was slightly low, but not enough to be a big concern. That would be the only thing that I would say could be improved, but it is a minor thing. The soap furnished was high end!

There are freshly baked cookies available in the evening time and they are mouth watering! Take as many as you wish…the staff will provide them with a smile! The restaurant next door provided nicely and you can charge it to your room.

Overall, I will be giving Holiday Inn another look with anticipation! They are definitely not the Holiday Inn of yesteryear! Oh, and this hotel is 3 miles from the airport but you won't hear a single plane!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel considering near a very busy/large airport (DTW). Very clean, spacious room with a nice walkin shower. The front desk staff were all very welcoming and offered suggestions on where to eat, however she recommended we try the restaurant attached - without being pushy! We decided to stay and eat at the Sporting News Grill inside the hotel and glad we did. We both had excellent food and it was priced very fair.

The computer system was down for the room keys so we had trouble getting into our room but they had a plan and provided and backup key which worked just fine. A big glitch that could've been a HUGE problem was taken care of very politely and we weren't inconvenienced.

Will definitely stay again if in the area. Keep up the good work Holiday Inn.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here one night before flying out of DTW. Great hotel and convenient to airport. Shuttle service is what made us choose this hotel. Great service. Would highly recommend this hotel.Comfortable beds, clean rooms and very quiet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BuckyKatt2014
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is a standard Holiday Inn. There is a free shuttle to and from DTW. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Nothing special but reliable. Restaurant attached is, like the hotel, nothing special but fine. This is a good, inexpensive place to stay before an early morning flight. There is no other reason to stay here unless you have a car and plan to drive to nearby locations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AttorneyMom M
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I organized a board meeting for our non-profit organization here. We had about 10 people fly in for one night. Joey was the best to work with. I coordinate half a dozen of these a year all over the country (plus a 80 person conference once a year) and working with Joey and this hotel was one of the smoothest processes ever. No glitches, board members liked the hotel and Joey was on the ball - calling my office the week before to confirm all details and going out of his way on several occasions to provide us with helpful information.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2014

not a big surprise- very clean, comfortable and convenient. Enjoyed the bar for a drink and the breakfast the next morning was adequate-nothing to write home about. the staff were all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple