Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit Airport/Romulus
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Romulus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cadillac, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I called to say I would be a late arrival and when I tried to check in at 11:15 p.m. (very tired) I was asked if I could wait in the lobby for 20 minutes while they cleaned my room. It seems someone had trouble with their Internet connection and they were switched to the double bed room I had reserved. I was NOT willing to wait in the lobby that late at night so I accepted a king bed room and my daughter and I shared a bed. Also, the bathtub had a 3" x 3" dirty spot (looked like glue). With so many choices of hotels/motels by the airport, I think I will choose some place else to stay next time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Maine, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had not stayed at the Baymont in Romulus for about a year. Boy, has it deteriorated!
It is truly a budget hotel left for a last resort.

Wi-fi: I could not connect with either my iPad nor my iPhone. When I asked the lady working the desk, she said that there was no problem and if I had one, there was a support number I could call. When I went to call, I found that my room phone did not work, either. I called support from my mobile phone and spent 30 minutes with them. It worked for about 2 minutes then quit again.

The irony with the wi-fi is that I went across the parking lot and had dinner at the Four Points Sheraton and connected effortlessly, the way it should be in today's world.

Their continental breakfast is adequate. For the price, I did not expect much and was not disappointed.

I've stayed at other Baymont properties because they accept dogs. In my opinion, this property in Romulus does not meet up with the standards of the others.

Room Tip: Try another hotel!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

My toilet would not flush, I found this out after 10 pm when my family was tired, the kids had to use the restroom and we had a mess. The staff helped out, the property does not have maintenance workers at night so there was just a plunger floating around the building to help which did not fix the problem, the staff tried to re-room us but the other room's toilet did not flush right either, the next morning housekeeping checked out another room for us, they saw the toilet in that room not flushing and said they have never seen this before, note <this are all different rooms, not just mine> The next night the relocated us to the 1st floor were the toilets work. So, if you stay here try not to stay on the 3rd floor, Hopefully they will fix this.

Room Tip: washer and dryer are on the third floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Romulus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Baymont Romulus is in a convenient location, 24 hours shuttle to airport, staff is always the most accommodating and friendly Shannon is GREAT helpful and knowledgeable I stay once a month and feel very comfortable great price for a budget place

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Travellers also viewed these Romulus hotels
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Days Inn Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Romulus
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit Airport/Romulus? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit Airport/Romulus

Property: Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit Airport/Romulus
Address: 9000 Wickham Rd, Romulus, MI 48174-1922
Region: United States > Michigan > Romulus
Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit Airport/Romulus 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit Airport/Romulus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Baymont Inn Romulus Airport Hotel Romulus