“Slipped a bit since last time”

Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Rooms are getting a little tired, we were off the main building and the rooms and corridors were a little more run down. By the looks of the carpet in the main area they are replacing and upgrading, a bit overdue. Still it is cheap and an ok place to stay before flying out of DTW. We have always found the shuttle to be prompt both ways.

Room Tip: Get one off the main hall.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Mary D, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. There have been many upgrades and changes done since your stay and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

My family went to the BW Gateway in Romulus, MI. We were very happy. Everything was clean, and the staff was very helpful and polite. There were so many amenties, we did not have enough time to enjoy them. The ambiance was fantastic. My sisters came to visit me for my birthday, and loved the setting. They had live trees and water features thru out. My family was able to visit for a couple of hours and really enjoyed the hotel. When we come in again, I will only reserve our rooms here. The breakfast buffet was also grand, with hot sausage and eggs, fresh fruit, yogart, and baked goods. The staff was there to remove any dirty dishes as fast as the other guest left. We give it a 5 star. Thank you Best Western. PS. a lot of pilots stayed there also.

Room Tip: We were on the main floor by the pool, and totally enjoyed it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We look forward to your future arrival.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We missed our flight home. Delta gave us a voucher for this hotel. Not a full voucher but a $60 voucher. The hotel cost $129.00 a night according to the receptionist. We had been traveling for 25 hours with two newly adopted daughters. The hotel room was so dirty that we couldn't even let our daughters take a bath. Floors were filthy. Pubic hairs in bathroom. When I spoke with the receptionist about this she only said, "You got a voucher...can't help you." I protested even more and she just walked off. The rooms were cleaner in China and the people were nicer. I do not recommend this hotel.

3  Thank Ricky781
Mary D, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thank you for providing management with this feedback regarding your recent stay. On behalf of our entire team, please accept our sincere apologizes for the experience that you had. This is not the typical experience our guests have. I have been unable to locate any staff documentation regarding your guest room. I welcome the opportunity to resolve this issue and change your opinion of us. Please reach out to me directly at the property and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions. All of the staff I have met are very pleasant. The hotel itself is a bit dated but the public courtyard area is very nice. Rooms could use a bit of a refurbishing but the option of "poolside" is a plus.There are 2 significant drawbacks. The hotel uses a contracted company for airport transfers. I made several trips to/from the airport for this stay. No wait time was less than 15 minutes, one was almost 30! The hotel restaurant no longer allows meal expenses to be billed to the room account. This created additional work for me following the trip to coordinate expenses. The hotel still seems to be a real value however, I may begin to shop around for another.

Room Tip: Request "poolside" but on the second floor. This provides a small balcony
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. As you may have noticed, we are in the process of many new and exciting property updates that are scheduled to continue throughout the summer. We look forward to your return in the future for you to see all the new things we have to offer.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

This hotel was more interesting and fun than I expected flying into Detroit.. For a value place with easy transport to the airport and nice service, it might even be a four-star (for a commuter moderate priced hotel). I would certainly plan to use it again if I was commuting in and out of Detroit. There is a large waterfall, garden, and pool/restaurant/bar area inside the hotel with the rooms are arranged around the perimeter. I had a room on the ground floor near the pool and it was great on arrival because I was exhausted and it was also near the lobby. In the am, though , noise of children going to the pool was noticeable. There are rooms that are more sequestered, which you could request. (Be sure to ask for directions, though, you have to go out and in a doorwa to get to the stairs for the rooms that face away from the pool). They have a nice little store (no alcohol) with a number of food items, and toiletries - the rooms have microwaves, and there are nearby sources of pizza and other food delivery until pretty late at night. The pool was very inviting, and I was sorry not to be able to take a dip. Note that breakfast is not included with all room rates, so doublecheck on this.

Room Tip: Discuss your desire for quiet, proximity to lobby, and proximity to pool with management when making...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for providing us with your feedback on our property. We also would like to apologize if you had any confusion over our breakfast, as it is complimentary to all of our hotel guests. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

This is not a destination hotel but okay for a night. Delay on originating flight resulted in a missed flight in Detroit - and a stayover. There is a free shuttle from the airport but it is not marked Best Western. You would need to ask the drivers of unmarked shuttles. This shuttle is contracted by Best Western - the driver shouted out Best Western but I wondered if he was just trying to get me on a ride where I would need to pay - as did several other suspicious would-be passengers. It turned out okay. I would suggest a sign on the vehicle that says "Best Western Complimentary shuttle" or something like that. Hotel is dated and the rooms surround a courtyard - the wall facing the entry is glass. Bed was comfortable - linens clean. TV and air worked. We had a ride back to the airport on the shuttle.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank b d

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for any confusion with our shuttle service and can be assured that the staff has been redirected on properly informing our guests. We look forward to another opportunity to service your hospitality needs.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Was a very great hotel very clean in every way.Hotel staff very nice all aspects room very clean breakfast nice good selection.Parking very nice right outside of room but had to go though hallway to get to rooms.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Mary D, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving your hotel needs in the future.