“Impressive.. Exceeded All Expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport

Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Columbus, Ohio
“Impressive.. Exceeded All Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was very very very impressed by this hotel. I was booked here by Delta after missing a connecting flight due to a delay. First thing I thought was great is that the shuttle runs to and from the airport 24 hrs, every 30 mins, very convenient that you dont have to call and request one. one less hassle for distressed passengers and guests in general. I was also not expecting to stay somewhere so nice. was a very nice hotel. Check in was very quick and easy with the hotel voucher, staff was VERY friendly... all had smiles on their faces, enthusiastic ready to make guests happy. This made me feel a lot better after having such a frustrating trip. Last thing you need is a hassle at check in and a grouchy guest services rep. I was starving when I arrived because I had spent hours flying and trying to make other arrangements, and I heard that their restaurant was open until 12 midnight. I found that to be very impressive and extremely convenient because most places I have stayed the restaurants close pretty early, 10 or 11. I assumed by the time I arrived (11pm) AND it being a monday the restaurant (IF they had one) would be closed and i'd be without food, but I still had time to settle in my room and order something to eat, so i was very very pleased by this. The staff (and manager "KD" especially) were all extremely accommodating. I had a situation where I felt a strange man was following me around the hotel and to my room, and the manager KD came up to my room to assure me that I was safe, and told me that he would do all he could to make sure I was safe, even if it meant coming to walk the halls ever 30 mins. He let me know there were cameras watching everywhere, and that there would be staff members around throughout the night. He let me know where they'd be if I needed something. He even came to walk me downstairs in the morning when I left to catch my flight, helped me with my luggage, too. Being a 23 year old female stuck in a big city of which I'm unfamiliar, i felt very alone, nervous and afraid and I was really just amazed at the amount of effort the manager put into making me feel like i was right at home. I don't feel I would have received that elsewhere. While I was there I noticed that they have some nice amenities too... a really nice sundry store, indoor and i think outdoor pool too, hot tub... they have complimentary breakfast (wanted to stay for but my flight was too early).. they have a laundry service... really nice bar and restaurant with great hours... Also they have wonderful rates, $60 bucks even less. I feel you get so much here for the money. I would love to stay here again. I am very happy that I ended up staying at Wyndham Garden Inn especially since i never have before... Hard to believe ppl have had bad experience here. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone. Completely exceeded my expectations in just about every way. I look forward to booking with them in the future!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Delta put me up here after a flight cancellation. Catching the shuttle was easy – they run every half hour and takes about 5 minutes to get to hotel depending on traffic. They have 2 PCs in lobby that are free, so that is a really nice bonus. Checkin was easy with the voucher. They have a pool and Jacuzzi (being repaired). Room was decent with fridge and microwave and lots of TV channels, but a bit on the ‘dated’ side. Breakfast was included in my voucher – nothing spectacular, but ok with sausages, eggs, cereals, yoghurt and fruit. It was pleasant enough considering my travel situation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bradziker1
bw23138, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear valued guest,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, even though it was an unexpected one. We understand how frustrating it is to be without the comforts of home. Our staff endeavors to do all that we can to make our airport guests as comfortable as possible such as providing a clean room, creating an inviting atmosphere and offering our deluxe continental breakfast. I welcome you back to stay with us again in hopes that next time it will be by choice,

Respectfully,
Wyndham Garden- Detroit metro Airport
Romulus, MI
Street, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We checked in and went to the back of the bldg. to enter our room upon first look the halls were dirty and dust balls were against the walls and we thought wow this isn't good. we found our room and went inside. The room was beautiful, so very clean and neat. We were very pleased. The food was great and had several hot things including eggs and waffles. The outside pool was closed but the indoor pool was great. We met our cleaning staff and they were friendly and nice. The front Desk staffed helped us find the places we wanted to go and printed out written directions, they treated us like family. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Edward L
bw23138, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary review! I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. We appreciate your patronage and are looking forward to your return!

Thank you, again.

Wyndham Garden
Loyall
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our flight was canceled Delta put us up for the night here. The toilet didn't work, the shower temperature indicator was installed backwards so hot was cold and cold hot and the air conditioner barely kept the room cool. Jets made room noisy. We had a 6 PM flight and were not allowed to check out at 1PM. Most unsatisfactory.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and alerting me to areas that require attention. I apologize for failing to meet your expectations and please know that I have shared your comments with our maintenance team to ensure that the issues are corrected- especially regarding the A/C and water temperature indictors.

We appreciate you and hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the DTW area. I can assure you that we will do everything we canto make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Wyndham Garden
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Yes, the hotel was like going back in time in the public areas, but the room we had was fine. Reading other reviews, our room must have been renovated recently as it was in good condition. The internet in the room was fine, but poor in the public area. The bathroom was clean. The room was on the 1st floor (ground floor to Brits) and overlooked the atrium. We had a huge king bed, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron and board. Hairdryer in bathroom. Decor was rather drab, but we had a great night's sleep. The lobby renovations are still ongoing, meaning a longer walk for people like us with rooms on the left hand side of the atrium. Pool was in use, but the hot tub closed. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of selection of hot and cold items. A couple of points to remember if staying here...the inbound shuttle bus is on demand only which we only realised after waiting 30 mins at DTW airport. The outbound is on a timetable, hourly I think. The restaurant was OK but nothing special. It was virtually empty when we had dinner there but it is not open for lunch. A walk outside in overwhelming heat brought us to a Big Boy restaurant where we got a sandwich but they had run out of corned beef and fries....!!! We would stay again as the rate is good and it is very convenient for DTW airport.

Room Tip: Atrium facing rooms may be noisy when the hotel is busy, as they overlook the breakfast area and poo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

On behalf of the entire staff of the Wyndham Garden- Detroit Metro Airport, I would like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your recent stay in the DTW area. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities such as our deluxe breakfast and comfortable beds- your comfort and ability to rest well is very important to us.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your return!

Wyndham Garden- Detroit Metro Airport
Findlay, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Worth the money - in the process of some updates when I departed. Overall, it was a decent 3+ star experience. Food in the resturant was good.No complaints, as I got what i expected. Hopefully the indoor pool upgrades are completed by now.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased to hear that all went as expected during your stay with us, and that you found our services to be satisfactory. Renovations can be lengthy however it has been an amazing and exciting transformation, I am grateful that you were able to be a part of our transition to higher standards. Thank you for allowing me a moment to personally thank you for staying with us!

Wyndham Garden- Detroit Metro Airport
9191 Wickham RD
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here for one night due to the flight oversold and airline put me in for next morning flight at DTW. This is a big motel and the rooms was horrible. Room door was hard to close and use a lot of force to get it closed. Bathroom was not clean. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo