“Great updated hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Romulus / Detroit Airport
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We booked this hotel for an overnight stay before picking up family from a flight early in the morning. It was very clean, modern, and affordably priced. We had a room with a king sized bed. There was lots of storage, a little seating area with a sectional chair/small couch. There was also a desk area and a flat screen TV that could be moved on the wall to face whatever suited you best. There was a free hot breakfast in the morning from 5:30-9:30 which we didn't get because we were a bit rushed but it smelled really good. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There was a few restaurants near by too (walking distance) which was nice to grab some dinner. My only "complaint" was that the bed was pretty hard (but that is kind of a personal preference) and the pillows, while marked with "soft" and "firm", were not the most comfortable. They also offer a stay/park and fly option with shuttles to the airport every 10 minutes. I will be keeping this place in mind if/when we ever fly out of Detroit!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
HIExDTW, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Romulus / Detroit Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Bri10,

Thank you for choosing our hotel in the Detroit Metro Airport area and posting your great comments. We are very sorry to hear about the comfort of the mattress and pillow, but we do appreciate your understanding of a personal preference. Thank you for keeping us in mind and hope to serve you here again soon!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have had the need to stay in the DTW airport area on several occasions for business. I have stayed at several locations, each time being disappointed for various reasons. My recent, and first stay, at this Holiday Inn Express has given me a property to return to for future stays. Every issue that I have had at other properties was of no issue here. The van transportation was excellent, the staff members were enjoyable to interact with, the hotel was spotless, and the morning breakfast was well done. I'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HIExDTW, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Romulus / Detroit Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Mahlon R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us! Our goal is to provide each of our guests with a %100 consistant and enjoyable stay each time they choose us. We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and are privileged to be your preferred hotel when you are in the Romulus Detroit Metro Airport area. Your kind recognition is greatly appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here twice this year and I prefer this hotel over any in the area. I had to work on Wednesday so I booked this hotel on Tuesday. It was a snow storm heading toward the east coast.
I arrived at 5pm and checked in and was thanked for being a priority member.
I prefer a King size bed but had to make due with 2 beds. My room was wonderful. It had all the amenities that I wish every hotel would offer. A microwave, mini frig and outlets to plug my phone into. I can't stand when I have to search for somewhere to charge my phone.
The breakfast was really food. I had a cinnamon roll, pancakes, boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, toast, bagel, fried eggs with cheese, bacon and sausages (no turkey).
Coffee, tea, milk and juices.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HIExDTW, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Romulus / Detroit Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear tayshan1,

We appreciate hearing your feedback, we are so glad that our room amenities suit your wants/needs; we understand how important it is to our guests to make sure they are able to charge their electronics and keep in touch with family, friends and coworkers during their stay! Our hot breakfast is assorted with a variety of food choices; we are happy to hear that you got to enjoy a little bit of everything! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express as your preferred hotel at the Detroit Metro Airport!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I am a platinum member and tend to stay at holiday inn expresses exclusively.

Pros:
Nice breakfast spread
Frequent shuttles to the airport
fast interent
nice sized TVs
Friendly staff
Hardly any plane noise even though its right by the airport

Cons:
none

I would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HIExDTW, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Romulus / Detroit Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Hello Encore02,

Thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for taking the time to write your review. We are thrilled you chose to stay with us and enjoyed your stay overall. It is always rewarding knowing we have achieved our goal to provide our guests with a great stay! Thank you for your kind feedback, we hope to have the chance to accommodate you next time your in the Romulus Detroit Metro Airport area!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed there for one night on the room 121, I was typing (working) in my lap top, then suddently a cockroach was walking in the tv furniture, really really nasty, they changed my room, but I do not recommend to be there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Romulus / Detroit Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Edward E,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We once again chose the Holiday Inn Express for the night before our flight out of DTW. It's in a great spot (right beside Qwik Park) and they offer amazing Park and Fly deals. We also stayed here the night we arrived back into DTW and got the Park and Fly deal on that night as well so parking our vehicle for the two weeks we were away cost us nothing. This hotel has very clean rooms and comfortable beds. Front desk staff are very friendly. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HIExDTW, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Romulus / Detroit Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Hello DittoExeter,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoy our park and fly package. We know how stressful traveling can be and want to make sure that we can accommodate a stress free, inexpensive and secure park and fly package for all of are traveling guests. Thank you for complementing our clean and comfortable rooms. We understand when traveling some guests may not feel at home but at our property we aim to make every guests stay an unforgettable one! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Detroit Metro Airport as your preferred hotel!

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

There are parts that need a little TLC (hallways, doors, etc) but it's clean. The front desk guy was overwhelmed with people and phones and still managed to be polite and make me feel welcome. I like the way the rooms are laid out. Sheets are clean and beds are firm

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FFcouple

Dear FFcouple,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We have recently renovated the entire hotel including new furniture, wallpaper and carpet throughout the whole hotel. Although, as you noticed we have yet to replace our hotel room doors. Please be assured that we are currently planning on making that change and can't wait for the doors to match the rest of our fresh new appearance. We are glad you enjoyed the room layout and are always happy to accomodate our guests with a clean and friendly environment. We hope you choose to stay with us next time your in the Romulus Detroit Metro Airport Area.