Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Columbus, Ohio
“My review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

Nice place , Dan the (mant man) was very helpful ,I think he can fix anything.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bit51
Thank you for your positive review and thank you for your business. I am so happy Dan was able to assist you. He is indeed a very handy maintenance engineer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Detroit
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I travel for work. I usually stay in these type of hotels. This hotel was clean and for the most part peaceful. I felt very safe, The management and staff went over and beyond to make my stay as comfortable as possible. Maintenance man Daniel Betterly, saw to any problem or concern as quickly as i spoke of them. I was here about 5 mo. If I have to be in the area again.... I just hope they have room for me.

Room Tip: Get a king size!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank pf392
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. It is always great to hear that our staff is going above and beyond. That is wonderful to hear! We appreciate your business and thank you again for your sharing your comments with us.
Taylor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I love the Extended Stay America Detroit- Metropolitan Airport! When we need a great weekend get away or my family or friends come in town to visit, we stay at the Extended Stay America Detroit- Metropolitan Airport! The staff is always warm and friendly. The manager is marvelous!!! The rooms are always clean and well stocked. The room service and front desk service is very helpful, and make you feel right at home. I recommend this Extended Stay America to everyone visiting the Detroit Metropolitan Airport Area! This Extened Stay America is an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laverne S
Thank you for your great comments on our Extended Stay America - Metro Airport. It's great to hear our hotel is your go to hotel. We appreciate your continued business. Thank you for your compliments; they are very much appreciated.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I understand budget hotels, but this hotel is below budget. The hotel is conveniently just off I-94 minutes from the Detroit Metro Airport. I think that the area may be a bit shady, as there are bold warnings in the parking lot providing advice not to put anything valuable in your vehicle. Check in was smooth and the hallways were respectable as was the elevator. What was strange was that many of the rooms on the 2nd floor (where I was staying), had their doors ajar - almost like they were inviting company in. Weird. When I entered my room, that's when it started to go downhill. There was unflushed urine in the toilet in my room. The bed was very small and uncomfortable. The kitchenette cupboards had dirty marks all over (I'm sure it hadn't been cleaned in weeks or perhaps longer). There was no shampoo in the bathroom - you had to wash your hair with soap. No wakeup calls provided....the response from the front desk: "We're not set up for wake up calls". There are many people on this site rating this hotel as 4 or 5 star. I guess that would make the Westin Detroit Airport a 17 star. I got this hotel at a cheap price, but I paid for it in a sheer creeped out uncomfortable and unclean stay (I slept in my clothes). Moral of the story: Fess up a few more bucks and stay somewhere more respectable. It just isn't worth it

Room Tip: As you are walking in, turn around and walk out (now this a REAL tip for this hotel)
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank galileocan
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Detroit - Metropolitan Airport. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to guests' arrival. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate the specific areas in which we can improve.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Besides maintenance knocking on the door, no real complaints... A little worn, but overall, worth it...

• Stayed April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our Airport location. I'm sorry that our maintenance engineer knocked on your door and disturbed you. That is certainly not our policy and something I will address with the staff. Thank you for your feedback as it helps us improve our operations.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

During a very difficult time with our house & dealing with insurance company and contractors, we found ourselves living at the Extended Stay America Detroit - Metropolitan Airport for 11 months and 3 days!!

This stay, which in most peoples minds, would have been a stressful situation but it turned out to be just the oppposite due to the fact that the staff did everything above and beyond what was needed for our comfort. Professional yet personable, always ready to listen to our "house" stories and they became like a second family to us. I would truly recommend the Extended Stay America to anyone. Thanks to everyone at ESA. Louise Bonham

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Detroit - Metropolitan Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or 11 months and 3 days. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

My stay at the Extended Stay America in Romulus, Michigan was great. The front desk staff and the housekeeping staff were all very wonderful. Miss Rena, Terry, and Pia just to name a few, are great frontdesk employees. They were all very helpful... 'Lize', Louise and the rest of the lovely housekeepers took care of me and made sure my room was clean every week. I enjoyed my stay at your hotel and the great service the staff provided. Overall my stay was awesome!

Jay, Miami, FL.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear Jay,

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Detroit - Metropolitan Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!