“Good long term option”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed 27 September 2012

When we work in the Detroit area, especially for a week-long+ term we stay at this ESA location. It's convenient to the airport and the expressways and there is room for our 40' fifth-wheel too.

The beds aren't luxurious, but they are comfortable. Having a large frig and basic kitchen tools is the biggest perk for us, It's a bit of a drive to the closest Meijer store, but the other ESA is not nearly as nice.

The staff is always helpful and can point us in the right direction. It's on a dead-end road and surprisingly quiet given the airport proximity.

Room Tip: East side rooms are easier to access from the parking lot with a back door.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Thank you for your recent review. It's great to hear you stay with us often. Thank you so much for your business. We are happy to have you. I really appreciate all of your feedback. It's wonderful to hear that the location and amentities work so well for you. We strive to provide great guest service so I am encouraged to hear we did just that with you. Thank you again!

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Staying here for hubbys work for a month and this housekeeper is the BEST. Laurie is quick to offer new towels, refer things for followup as necessary to the appropriate departments as is Liz. Both are just amazing at the job they do. They make you feel at home away from home and if you need information on where to go for groceries etc. they know the area and can steer you in the right direction. Laurie has made my stay here less stressful by being like "family" to me away from home and making me feel comfortable during my stay here. She even helped me find and awesome mall, pet services and much more. Family came and moved into a room cleaned by the Jamaican lady and the room had sticky floors and a condom wrapper left under the bed, and the room wreaked of smoke odor. When Laurie does your room, your room WILL BE CLEAN and smell clean. She is FABULOUS!!

Room Tip: rooms on west side are noisier due to highway traffic as well as north end but double paned windows...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Thank you for your positive review! It is so great to hear you are enjoying your stay and Laurie is taking such great care of you. We strive for an excellent guest experience and to hear it feels like a "home away from home" is music to our ears! Thank you for sharing!

I am going to look into the issues you mentioned with your family’s room as that is not our standard. I apologize for that. Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Dan was awsome. Even though we worked nights he accomdated us to what time was good for us to come do a repair.As well as the staff they were nice and friendly. I would refer this hotel to anyone. It's nice and clean,quite.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rositia s
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Rosita,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am so happy to hear that Dan took such good care of you. He is indeed a great maintenance engineer. It’s rewarding to know that Dan and the rest of the staff met and exceeded your expectations. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I am on the road traveling 250-300 days a year. For the price this is as good as it gets. Great management, if you have a problem they will help you find solutions. The staff was friendly, helpful, and courteous. The rooms are well designed for extended stays.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Don H
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2012

Thank you very much for the feedback on your stay at our Extended Stay America – Metro Airport. I appreciate hearing that our staff took great care of you and helped with all of your needs. It’s always great to hear a road warrior like you is happy with our product, our services and our staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I walked into the waiting area and the floors were filthy... The door to the laundry was open where you could seen linens thrown everywhere...The front desk attendant was very rude. The whole hotel was hot, smelled awful, and I wasn't even in the room yet. The room was extremely beaten up, dirty, needed to be vaccumed, dusted... CLEANED. I turned around and checked right out. Not the place to go.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Detroit - Metropolitan Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

I had to travel to Detroit for a business trip, not knowing how long I was to stay, but needed to be close to the airport. The hotel was less than 5 minutes from the airport. Flynn street is a long street with every hotel chain in it, with the extended stay being at the dead end of the street. Upon arrival the hotel is as it looks in the pictures. It was clean and welcoming with ample parking. I got to my room and again, it was as stated in the photos. There was NO cigarette smell, at all - the room was clean and tidy. Plenty of linens. There were 2 of each , bowls, plates, spoons, forks & knives. There were cooking utensils, a sauce pan and a frying pan. There is a dish drainer too. There is no oven , but a good microwave and 2 burner stove as well as a full size fridge//freezer. If you don't have a car there is a Bob Evans restaurant within walking distance. (loved the bread )
As far as the guests, a lot of them appeared to be men who obviously work & stay here during the week and go home on the weekend. They were all very polite and I never felt uneasy being a woman alone. I read the reviews of this hotel and was a bit nervous, but to be honest, I have felt less safe in a 4 star resort. Dan the maintenence guy was always around and always working, just like the rest of the staff. My only complaint was the carpets in the room seemed to be a bit dirty, but it was nothing that couldn't be remedied with a pair of socks.This hotel is exactly what it says it is. A clean affordable place to stay when you have to be away from home & I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank EdnaC
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Edna -

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Detroit - Metropolitan Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

This is an excellent place to stay if you need to be away from home for a length of time. Full size fridge, cooktop, microwave, excelent front desk service, pretty good bed/linen and accomodating housekeeping are very helpful for the odd hours worker. Dan the maintenance man is a friendly and quick bundle of problem fixing energy. I have stayed here for most of 4 months and my biggest complaint is that thely dont have foxsports detroit, so I can't watch the Tigers play. All the staff is friendly and helpful even when I come "home" from work @8am and am not at my social best.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank robert s
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Robert,

Thank you for your positive comments on your stay at our Extended Stay America Detroit Metro Airport. It’s great to hear feedback like yours that our product was such a great fit. Thank you for sharing your feedback.