“Hotel Maintainance”

Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Detroit, Michigan
“Hotel Maintainance”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Dan did a great job taking care of all my concern. He did everything on my list quickly and efficiently. Front desk catered to my every need. They always greet you with a smile. Shuttle driver is very friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Fred B
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! Thank you again for mentioning our Maintenance Engineer Dan I will pass along your compliments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Novi
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I highly recommend the Extended Stay - Metro Airport. Everything about the facility is great, especially the staff. From the first day I checked in, Audrey was friendly and informative. Pia was professional and knowledgeable and was able to contemplate my needs beforehand. Dan, the maintenance engineer was extremely efficient and knowledgeable as well; going above and beyond what is normally seen in maintaining the day to day operations of a hotel. I cannot say enough about the facility.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Travelor317
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with. I will pass along to Audrey. Pia and Dan the recognition that you have given them
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Very clean,quiet,and comfortable.convieniently located across the highway from the airport,and just off from I-94.yet I never heard a plane or a vehicle.I spend a lot of time in motels traveling for work,and this is one of the best.The staff is awesome,from PIA at the front desk to the shuttle driver.There are several more expensive options in the area,but none more comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jim c
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Thank you so much for your great review. I am so happy to hear you enjoy our location. It sounds like our hotel is a perfect fit for you. I appreciate you sharing your feedback as it allows us to continue to take great care of guests like yourself. Thank you for your continued business and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip!
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Needed a long term place to stay for business and this was great! Large suite so I didn't feel like I was stuck in a hotel room, plenty of room for the family to visit. Had a problem with microwave but Dan the maint. man brought a new one in quickly, even came back with free popcorn when he heard ours burned in the broken microwave!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank tbarrs
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. So I was pleased to hear Dan was able to quickly address your microwave issue and replace your popcorn! We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and sharing your experience with us.
Mt Clemens
Reviewed 20 December 2012

From Wanda the manager to Dan the maintenance man, it is worth the stay! Everyone is kind and helpful and willing and able to quickly work with you to resolve any problem, concern or inconvenience. The beds and bedding is clearly newly purchased - which - believe me - makes a difference as well. It is a blessing to have a spacious room with a kitchenette as well as staff that are willing to help you in any way. I would definitely stay again and again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review. I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for sharing feedback from your stay with us. It's always rewarding to hear when our hotel staff is delivering on our committment to provide exceptional guest service. I am happy you enjoyed the new upgraded bedding package; that's great to hear! We appreciate your business and do hope to see you again soon on your next trip to the Romulus area.
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I am enjoying my stay to the fullest! It is on only rarest of occassions that a guest at an extended stay hotel can enjoy such overwhelming hospitality from the great staff at the this hotel. From the moment we checked in, Pia (the from desk Agent) had/has an immediately noticable warm personality and welcoming smile. Her assistance with getting us familiar with all the services offered by the hotel and places in the surrounding area was invaluable to say the least. And Louise, a room service attendant, kept our suite in pristine condition at all times and was very pleasant, helpful and friendly. And Wanda, truly this manager goes above and beyond to make all her guest feel right at home just like family. I was in need of change for a large bill which the front desk at that particular moment didn't have.But and before I could say two words, Wanda was on her way out the door to get me the change I needed - wow, now thats an exceptional manager! The staff will spare no effort to see to your comfort during your stay. Come...you'll like it here!

Room Tip: All the rooms a of great quality, take your pick - you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Thank you so much for your very kind words. It is wonderful to hear how our staff delivered on our committment to exceptional guest service. Thank you for choosing our hotel and most importantly thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. We value you as our guest and do hope to see you again soon.
Shelby Twp Mi
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel with a park and sleep package. The hotel was not clean, burn marks on the counters in the room, the carpets were stained and the walls marked up. The staff was not helpful, they did not have shampoo or hair dryers in the rooms. The staff would not bring anything to the room, had to go the desk for these things. When the hair dryer I was using broke down, I was told from the front desk there was nothing she could do she did not have another dryer available. When I asked to speak to a manager was told she would "put my call into the managers voicemail" but the manager would not be back for 2 days. I was trying to catch a plane to go out of town. Very upset with how I was treated. Would never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The rooms were very dirty
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
I wanted to personally respond to your review. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences and issues you experienced during your stay with us. It's not common to receive the kind of feedback you have provided and while it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay with us was not completely satisfying. After speaking with our hotel management, I understand you were provided a full refund for your stay. While this does not fix the issues you experienced, I do hope it will show you that we are committed to providing great service and taking care of our guests. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Romulus hotels