“Great Value for the Price”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed 12 March 2013

The accommodations are basic, but functional and clean. Internet service is great. Maid service one per week is fine. Staff is very friendly and helpful. I stayed over a month so the onsite laundry room was a plus. Generally a great value for the price. I will make it a point to stay at this hotel on my next trip to Detroit.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

This Hotel is not very nice at all, for the price they should be ashamed. It was old and not very clean. It is at the end of a dark street and I was nervous to stay there, we where on the first floor and wished we where on one of the top floors. It is to expensive for what you get and we will never stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Reviewed 26 February 2013

The price was very competitive, the location is excellent - near the DTW airport (I-94) and near other things such as a Big Boy, etc. in a area full of lodging. The room has a full kitchenette which is very nice for those who really appreciate having a refrig even when traveling a few days for pleasure. Parking was plentiful. The building is mid-rise in design and has an elevator (nice!).. Nice selection of cable channels including a lot of ESPN stations.

Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Ashley was the front desk person two of my days. Very pleasant and helpful.

Steve C.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Steve C
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free in-room Wi-Fi, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive. I am glad to hear that having a kitchen in your room worked well – it’s one of our best features. Thank you for recognizing our staff member as well – I will be sure to pass on your feedback.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

Stayed as part of Park, Sleep & Fly. The only good part about it was the parking. When I booked the room the website stated that I would be charged a deposit and the balance due upon check in. Both were charged immediately. At check in I informed the person at the front desk and she couldn't see in her computer that it was paid in full so I had to try and access my bank account to prove that it had already been charged. Unable to do so she proceeded and said "Oh you must not owe anything else." Was told that the queen room that I booked was unavailable and we would have two double beds but "they won't charge you the extra". Website stated hair dryer in room. There was not one in our room. Was told "not all rooms have them". After waiting for several minutes for her to check was told they had one there and had to go to front desk to get it. No wake up calls. (Not sure if this is the case for all Extended Stay or just this one). We were in a non smoking room but had to put extra pillows in front of door and keep bathroom door closed as someone was smoking somewhere and it was coming in through the vents or somewhere. There was supposed to be coffee in the morning and "grab & go breakfast?" We were not told about this at check in. In the morning we didn't see anything and waited at front desk for five minutes calling hello and no one ever showed up so we left. So no receipt for check out or anything.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

I am eager to address your particular concern in this forum. Our hotel is a favorite accommodation for business and leisure travelers who are staying any number of nights. Occasionally, we get an influx of guests who need to leave their departure date open or extend their stay at the last minute. In most cases, our reserve rooms are sufficient to absorb this increased demand. However, in very rare circumstances, like yours, we don't have the room types to accommodate every guest's preference. For that reason, we list your bed preference on your reservation but are unable to guarantee it. Of course, we will continue to make every effort in our power to honor your room preference.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I stayed here last night as part of a Park Sleep Fly package. I like that the rooms are more roomy than regular hotel rooms, and the small kitchenette was handy, even for the overnight stay. The front desk staff was very friendly. I forgot my blow dryer at home, and although they are not supplied in the room, I called the front desk and they were kind enough to bring one up.
The bed was comfortable and the flt screen TV carried enough channels to find something to watch. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free in-room Wi-Fi, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in excetionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. I do appreciate the fact that you chose Extended Stay America Detroit Metro Airport for your Park and Fly Package.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Dan did a great job taking care of all my concern. He did everything on my list quickly and efficiently. Front desk catered to my every need. They always greet you with a smile. Shuttle driver is very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Fred B
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! Thank you again for mentioning our Maintenance Engineer Dan I will pass along your compliments.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

I highly recommend the Extended Stay - Metro Airport. Everything about the facility is great, especially the staff. From the first day I checked in, Audrey was friendly and informative. Pia was professional and knowledgeable and was able to contemplate my needs beforehand. Dan, the maintenance engineer was extremely efficient and knowledgeable as well; going above and beyond what is normally seen in maintaining the day to day operations of a hotel. I cannot say enough about the facility.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Travelor317
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with. I will pass along to Audrey. Pia and Dan the recognition that you have given them