Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Service but that was about it. Mine and my daughters evening flight got cancelled and this was one of the only hotels not booked.

Front desk was great and we got our keys quick. The room was nice and spacious but beds are not very comfortable. When we went to take a shower the water didn't get very warm and they don't have any Shampoo/Conditioner. Since we didn't have our bags that was not good.

If our flight ever gets cancelled again I will try to book a hotel more quickly.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Ashley A

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Worst and stinkest place ever can't believe the reviews about being good the one good review is some of the workers are nice ill give ya that but other than that stay at a camp site in a tent! They don't give ya any supplies you gotta ask for everything you'll be lucky if ya get toilet paper or towels Do not Stay HEre find out for yourself a people I can smell the nastyness now gross!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Bigstr
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We arrived a day early- no problem! We wanted a ground floor room close to the door because of our small dog- no problem! We needed extra essentials like TP and kitchen trash bags- no problem! In fact everything we asked for was met with a smile and a can do attitude!
The room was spacious with two full size beds and a comfortable arm chair with footstool. It had a 36" flat screen TV with a good selection of channels including Showtime. Two nice size (open-able) windows to let in the fresh Michigan air, a small but adequate kitchen with a full size frig, a two burner stove and apartment size microwave. The counter space provided enough room for my coffee pot , crock pot, a medium size cutting board, toaster, water filtration container (all brought from home) as well as their dish drying rack with a bit of room to spare for a large container containing fruit and veggies! The bathroom had a tub/shower combo, full counter with one sink and a commode, all of which were sparkling clean thanks to our lovely house keeper Louise who, by the way, was quite courteous, professional, thorough, and very kind! The floors were clean and the room smelled pleasant. The grounds are kept clean and free of debris.
This is an extended stay motel, over the years I/we've been to quite a few but this one was much nicer then others in the past, especially the friendly people! You simply cant beat it for the price! I did not give it five stars because the parking lot was being repaved- a temporary inconvenience, and because the side door was broken and you had to prop it open with a tiny pebble or walk around to the other doors a bit of a pain with a small pooch in tow!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Hi there,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. As this hotel’s manager, it delights me to hear that Louise and the rest of my staff took great care of you. I do apologize for the parking lot issue. Please know that we are continually working to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dma@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I've been at this hotel since Nov 2012 and always have been looked out for and taken care of. Teleira, Ashley, Brianna and Wanda are all very good people. And have always immediately addressed my needs. The handy man is great as well. Very good at his job. After reading some of the other reviews, I cannot agree with the negativity whatsoever. Ms. Lousie is one of the maids and she is my favorite. She works very hard and cleans my room spic and span. She always asks about my family and how they are doing and that says a lot about her. The rooms a decent and the common areas are well kept. I would bring my own family to stay here anytime. I would recommend this hotel anytime!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Nick - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. As this hotel's manager I take great pride in our property and it is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely appreciate you mentioning Teleira, Ashley, Bri, and Louise for providing you with exploratory service. Our maintenance staff is superb and will always be there to fix any issues you may have. I was extremely happy to hear that you would bring your whole family here to stay.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear from you. Please contact me, at dma@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with another stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stay away - I have never been in a worst hotel. Moved rooms twice - strong odour in both rooms. How anyone in housekeeping could deem any of those rooms suitable for guest is beyond me. Horrible hotel - would have had a better stay in the car in the parking lot.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else - this place is truly a dump!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank david r
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

David and Ariel - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that there was an odor in both of your rooms and that they were unclean. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have taken steps to correct the issues you encountered to ensure your experience is not repeated. These include working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and our entire staff to enhance our inspection policies.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dma@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

After 10 months at this property I left vowing never to stay in another one of these prooperties anywhere else just based on the manager's lack of communication skills with people in general. She is a very phoney person who talks to much and says nothing. she is a liar and does not even keep bankers hours. When she is there she is in her corner pretending to be busy. She creates a lot of division and stress among her staff who cover up for her inadequacy as a hotel manager. Most of the staff were polite and professional. Pia, Teleira and Audrey who worked the front desk were very friendly and helpful during my stay. Louise is one of the best housekeepers there aside from Liz and the maintenance man Dan, well, he is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and much more than a maintenance man because he is used as a trashman, laundry man and I have even seen his manager using him to clean rooms too. The shuttle drivers Matt and Mr. Blay were very nice and accomadatinng but that was another issue for me because I was told by the manager that it (the shuttle) was for the truck drivers who she has a contract with so I guess my contract with the property during my exteended stay there was nothing except when it came time to take my money. The property overall is decent but that manager is going to run that property down and all the good staff are going to eventually leave. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone the manager alows guest to smoke in the rooms and drink in front of the building and walking through the lobby which in my opinion does not look good at all. I know because of my experience there and that does not mean everyone's experience will be as mine was and I am not going into all of the other issues that I witinessed during my 10 month stay there. Also, for extended stay guest who receive mail there you cannot have your mail forwarded to you when you leave and you will not be told that by the manager because she did not know so her staff could not have known.

Room Tip: The noise level was in my opinion the same because of the air planes and the expressway traffic. I...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Zandra M
Reviewed 1 August 2013

If I had to stay in the area again, I would stay here again. The convenience of a kitchen is a big plus. This hotel is close to the interstate & airport but is still quiet. The staff is super friendly & helpful. Audrey, with her friendly personality, checked us in making us feel at home. Louise is a housekeeper that does her job well and is very friendly. After a month here I feel like she is a friend. The maintenance man (Dan?) had to change out our refrigerator during our stay & was very quick & efficient. One day he saw me taking my garbage out and ran to take it out for me. The airport driver (Al?) did this as well for me. One of the negatives of this is that the carpet in the entrance could be cleaner, seems like there are stains on it. Also the chair in our room had some stains on it as well. Bed was very comfortable as well as pillows.

Room Tip: If you want easy access choose a room on the first floor & close to front desk, but if you want...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Gigi - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. It delights me to read that Louise kept your room clean during your stay and that Dan was able to exchange the refrigerator in your room as well as help you with the taking out the trash one day. As well, I am very happy to hear that Audrey was so cheerful and friendly when assisting you as needed. It makes me very proud to know that my associates are taking great care of our guests.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at DMA@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.