“Don't be deceived”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The property itself was clean and acceptable. What was not was the shuttle service to and from the airport and the "breakfast."
The shuttle design required a step stool to get in and out unless you have very flexible and strong leg joints. The driver reluctantly got it out once, but the other three times I needed to get in or out of the shuttle, he "ignored" my circumstances. I am not handicapped and in good shape for my age, but I am a senior citizen.The last time I was in the shuttle, I hyperflexed my knee getting out and was in a fair amount of pain. No comment or apology was offered.
Breakfast, yeah right. They call it a grab and go and if you think of breakfast as a muffin and a piece of fruit that you grab on the run, then you are in the right place. I anticipated a place to sit and coffee or juice at least to go with the muffin.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that the staff did not recognize your difficulties of entering the van and offer you better assistance. Please accept my apology. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are reviewing our standards of hospitality to prevent your experience from being repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I also am sorry to read that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our breakfast selection. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dma@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

In one hotel for six months straight can be a challenge but not as far as this location. From early morning departure until I returned to collapsed in the evening the staff took care of what I needed. Always friendly and helpful they called me by name and welcomed me. At times Matt, Anthony or Don would shuttle me to work five miles away. amazing difference they made, all of them.

• Stayed: June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Doug - We appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are proud of our team for providing you with such great service. We are glad that we could provide you with a clean and comfortable stay.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a great hotel and the help at the front desk to get anything was amazing. Try it for yourself. The rooms were clean and great price. As a traveling contractor this is what you want. Rooms are very quiet. Sleeping during the day was no issue.

• Stayed: June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with our staff, our great rates and your clean, quiet room. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed here for three nights and enjoyed our trip. The staff were very friendly and professional. The rooms are in a convenient location and the value is second to none. Even though we were exhausted and having a rough time from the airport the staff were very welcoming and patient. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Camille - Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff was welcoming and friendly during your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed here the night before flying out to Jamaica and was happy with the hotel. However did ask for a wakeup call for 315am which never came so I would recommend settin the alarm. They lock the doors at nite and no one is at the desk.We would book this again for the overnite stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Hi there,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the frustrations you encountered during your stay. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am coaching my staff to always be aware of our guest's presence and their needs. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at dma@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Only 1 sheet on bed no washcloths and dirty. Booked online the website stated king Room When we arrived we found they do not even have king rooms they have double beds. Will not stay at this hotel again. When I asked about the room they told me the website must be wrong in stating king rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank deenskip
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was happy with this hotel. Used Priceline (bid), and I paid $55 per night, all in. For that, I received friendly service, a clean room, and a nice tv. No housekeeping because of shorter stay, but that was fine by me -anything you want they give you at the front desk. Grab and go breakfast a nice touch. No pool or hot tub, but show your room card at the nearby Romulus Athletic Club, and for just $5 enjoy their extensive facilities. Anyway, for $55, a good value. But their going rate is $75 all in, obviously not as good a value. I would be glad to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo