“Don't look behind the furniture!”

Travelodge Romulus Detroit Airport
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
“Don't look behind the furniture!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

No remote for the TV to be found. Took about an hour to get one. Whle trying to find it, made the mistake of looking behind the furniture. Can't unsee the crud! Toilet paper holder hardware was filthy. Bedspread was soiled. Was glad I only had to be there 1 night. Just not clean or modern feeling. Staff was indifferent.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Who would hire someone with pink hair? In they not professional at all she need to really work on her attitude.in she told me that it would be biscuit pancakes etc for breakfast it wasn't I needed more towels n she would not give it to me I will not return here until she is gone

Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is not the first time we used a "Park, Sleep, Fly" hotel before a major trip, but it was our first stay at this Red Roof Inn. On the plus side, the lady who staffed the front desk was friendly and efficient. There was nothing lacking in our check-in process.
The room was very adequate for the one-night stay, though it was definitely low budget. Though continental breakfast was advertised, we found out that it wasn't served until after six, and we had to leave the hotel to catch our plane at six, so it's unfortunate that there isn't some accommodation for early flights, as I don't think it's unusual for businessmen, especially, to be up and out early. What we could see of the eating area, though, was pretty unimpressive, though I'm comparing it to other hotels in the same block. Also, judging by the limited counter space, I don't think there would have been lots of breakfast options.
While there was nothing terribly wrong with this Red Roof, I would opt to stay somewhere else, even for the extra five to ten dollars it would have cost.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My husband I came to town for the Jr. Olympics I am use to staying in a different hotel chain, they were booked as well as many others. I booked the Red Roof in Romulus relunctantly, but to my surprise the hotel was clean, the room was great and the staff were exceptional, friendly and professional. It us located close to highway so going to and fro was easy. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I came in last week 3/28/13 and did the park sleep and fly package first of all it was a great price, the rooms where very clean, and the staff was awesome,the front desk clerk Laurie that check me in was really great and friendly she really help us out, she had check us in pretty fast and explained everything very well when we return back and after we where check in she called us and ask us if we needed a wake up call she for got to ask us at the desk i thought that was very sweet because i forgot to ask her so it work out well i will be coming back to stay there again. thanks again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
tonya m, General Manager at Travelodge Romulus Detroit Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Travler,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us at the Redroof Inn in Romulus, MI. We truly appreciate your business. We know how many options you have when choosing a place to meet your lodging needs and we're glad that you chose us. Please keep us in mind for any of your future lodging needs it would be our pleasure to serve you again.

Tonya
Reviewed 30 March 2013

The front desk staff was very friendly and the rooms where very nice and clean had a great. Sleep it was very quite I would stay again the front desk clerk laurie was really helpful and pleasant.we did the park and fly package and she was very helpful on letting us no everything about the shuttle gave us a good ideal to go eat at a nice resturant ask us if we needed a wake up call very hard work she was very busyand she was doin a great job with everyone.

• Stayed March 2013
Battle Ground, Washington
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

I have had a great time here and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I drive a 45ft motorcoach and they had room for my 3 nights of my stay. Thankyou so much for having me here at the RRInn.....parking was easy to get in and out of. Airport is just minutes away. The room are great and clean housekeeping does a great job.

• Stayed March 2013