“Budget motel”

Rodeway Inn Metro Airport
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Economic and cheap. Very close to the airport and okay for a night. Pick and drop to the airport is available. The staff at the reception are friendly.Safety could be a concern. Breakfast is hardly anything.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Rodeway I, Manager at Rodeway Inn Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Fire every staff person owner need a new life terrible place worst ever seen no quality no brains over here start over build new hotel dump dump dump I have stay a lot hotels this top them all worst place in world

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 6 August 2013

It is a pretty cheap place to stay for solo travelers, but don't expect it to be exceptionally worthy. The room I stayed had an awfully dirty bathtub, but other things are totally fine and clean. The location is great - very close to both the airport and some nice restaurants nearby. It takes less than 30 minutes to get to downtown Detroit. There was very few staff around but they are helpful. They do have breakfast but don't expect too much, just cereals and pastries, with concentrated orange juice and coffee. The neighbourhood is a fun place too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 August 2013

"Adequate" is the word I would use. I booked it because of the location and because it was cheap. Sheets were clean, bathroom was clean. The property is a bit tired. Breakfast was minimal but OK in quality. Don't expect the Ritz, but expect to get what you pay for.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I don't know of many hotels that don't offer in-room hair dryers, irons, and ironing boards these days. This hotel does not. At $45/night for a single room, it does represent good value, however. Keep in mind that in addition to no hair dryers, there is no breakfast (not even continental), no alarm clocks, no irons or ironing boards. "Back to basics" is the best way to describe this place. I arrived in Romulus late and had an early morning flight, so not wanting to spend much on a hotel, this was the perfect place for me. The Speedway gas station right across the street was open late and had a great deli for a quick, midnight snack.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I needed a cheap place to stay and that is exactly what I received. There was a broken wall tile in the bathroom and the blanket on the bed had burn holes in it. For what I paid for the room though it was to be expected. I would probably try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I stayed in this hotel last week and there were icy roads all over the property especially by the dumpster. They need to invest in salt in tough michigan winter for safety of their customers. I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family