“Convenient and Best Rate on Memorial Day Weekend”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here 1 night over Memorial Day Weekend. We have stayed in this complex before, love the location and this was the cheapest hotel of the others surrounding it. Our check in was very fast, room was very nice, only complaint about the room being that the clock radio was unplugged.

The pool and workout room are small, but we did not use either so I can't really say anything else about them other than that they allowed food and alcoholic drinks in that area. They also offer a laundry room which you have to pay to use. Breakfast was above average for other hotels we have stayed in, almonds, cinnamon and something else was offered for use in your oatmeal. Yogurt, orange juice, milk, coffee, bagels, toast, waffles were all available. Room service and a restaurant are not available, although they are close by (within walking distance).

My main complaint is regarding sleep quality. Our bed was at first comfortable, but definitely was old and needed to be replaced, you could feel a ridge in the middle of the bed. We were woken up at several points by people in the hallways and in the room above us, there doesn't seem to be much sound-proofing. Check-out was slow, how is there only one employee available at the main desk at check-out time? And lastly, the parking lot was very full, it seemed like a lot of people were parking in their lot and walking elsewhere.

Keep in mind the airport is VERY close, which is both convenient and deprimental to sleep quality as you will hear planes landing and taking off all night. The Qwik ride is also located immediately next door and they make trips every 15 minutes. The hotel did have flight information on a loop on a television in the lobby.

Room Tip: Do not suggest a corner room, they are near the stairs and you will be kept up all night by people r...

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location for staying overnight for that early flight the next day! Parking right behind hotel, with shuttle picking you up at your car, or at the hotel. Hotel smelled new, and very clean. Early morning breakfast included! Good price includes parking, and I would highly recommend!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is very close to the airport, easy to locate and the front desk agent Megan was wonderful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable...and I'm very picky and a neat freak. The breakfast they put out is very nice and they provide a variety of items. I stayed for 7 days and had a great stay. Housekeeping did a great job everyday. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The Fairfield provided a great place for me to stay before my EARLY (6am) flight out of Detroit. The check in staff was very friendly. They took their time to explain the Park-Sleep-Fly process. Our room was on the first floor and was VERY clean. It had a HUGE shower, and nice soft-lines that appeared to be fairly new as there was no visible wear.

Our room was very quiet considering it was so close to the airport. In the morning there was a free breakfast, however because we left so early we were limited to Fruit, Juice, Coffee Toast, Bagels, and English muffins. If we didn't have to leave at 4:30am than our selection would have been much larger.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Great place to stay if needing to be close to DTW. Not sure how old this hotel is but it seemed very new or is certainly well taken care of. Everything was just as it should be, very clean, exceptionally nice and the young man at the front desk was outstanding. (Wish I could remember his name but he was covering for Megan). Megan was who I spoke to on the phone to confirm the reservation and she too was fantastic. We did a park and fly package with them and it was the perfect way to go. Qwik park is immediately next door and it all went like clock work and saved us money overall. They also gave us a coupon for the extra nights over the 8 nights of the package which saved us 3.00 per night on those as well. Breakfast and wifi were great too. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel is an excellent place to stay if you have an early flight out of Detroit Metro Airport or a late flight into Detroit. It was clean, comfortable, super friendly staff, has a small pool and hot tub, exercise room, free breakfast which included scrambled eggs, waffles, a variety of cereal and breads, coffee was good, yogurt, and fruit. The transport to the airport was prompt. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: The third floor may be a bit more quite as I could hear people walking above me, I was on the first...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Love that this place not only looks brand new but it smells brand new as well. It is so close to Qwik Park, a place where you can leave your car while you fly, I could throw a baseball and hit it. Restaurants (including fast-food) is within easy walking distance. The included breakfast was very good. The room, except for a pair of socks on the floor left by a previous guest, was clean. I loved the rain forest shower head. I feel safe in recommending this place to you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple