“the chicken shawarma is to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beirut Restaurant

Beirut Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 78 Restaurants in Romulus
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the chicken shawarma is to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best food you will get around the DTW airport area. The chicken shawarma is fabulous. The dinner or the sandwich are equally good. When I have to go to Romulus, I always look forward to a few meals here.

Visited January 2014

Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Great Mediterranean Fare!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was skeptical, and frankly, eating at a Mediterranean restaurant in a little strip mall struck me as a bit of a risk. But when we found the door locked at the grill next door, we peeked in. The place was packed. A few members of a flight crew from the airport headed in and sat down. Wonderful aromas filled the air. So we went in too.

The size and layout of the place resembles a neighborhood pizza joint. But this place adds charm with a really great colorful mural of skiing in Lebanon on one wall, and one of a rocky coastal scene on the other.

I sampled the Super Kefta sandwich (with hummus and Tabouli) and added a Baba Ghanouj appetizer. Yum! If I pass though Detroit again, I will definitely stop by.

• Visited April 2014
Germantown, Tennessee
“Best around the Detroit Airport Hotel Block”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Overnight stay at airport hotel. Not much else around. The mixed beef & chicken shawarma was very good. I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. Delicious.

1 Thank IPROBO
Joliet, Illinois
“wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Everything With this restaurant hits on all cylinders. Visited twice to make sure. Both servicers I had were very nice and knowledge of menu was a plus. The soups ...well they are very good flavors of clove nutmeg and cinnamon in a chicken soup nice. That spice carried over to the rest of what I sampled. Price of medium to higher I could eat here ever day...

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Pat M
kentucky
“What is Wrong Here?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I don't know you people are eating and reviewing, but this is about our one and only visit to Beirut Restaurant. Beirut is mediocre at best. Waitress seems to "try" to be congenial, but she comes across as superior and tends to intimidate you into lying about the food. "we have the BEST in Detroit". Well, no, you don't. It was so mediocre that I would never consider eating there again, even tho we stay at local hotel, we wouldn't go back. Hummus was like whipped cream texture--huge bowl with a speck of sumac (why not more?). Homemade pita was decent but in cheap plastic wrap. I make better hummus from dried garbanzos and it has more flavor. The lemon in it was very nice, tho. I wanted more flavor.
I ordered combo leaves, cabbage rolls and BLECHHHH. So much cinnamon and maybe coriander or allspice? Way too sweet. detected lots more rice than meat. Hubby got mixed meat schwarma and we found all the garlic in there--along with too much wrap and sauce. Nothing tasted fresh. We've eaten in several middle eastern countries and Beirut doesn't represent what we expect/understand of ME flavors.
When we went to pay the check--she didn't come back to the table, she asaked about the food. My husband said "good" in a very nonchalant way. I wish he'd said, Ok or not our fave. We just wanted to leave. Our check was about $25 w/minimal tip.
Now that I've finished my review, It wasn't even mediocre food.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank kyshel

Been to Beirut Restaurant? Share your experiences!