“Looks are deceiving” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Toledo, United States
“Looks are deceiving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Upon our arrival to the hotel, we were concerned because of the looks of the exterior of the hotel. After we enter the the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised and releived to find that the interior of the hotel had been completely renovated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, smelled good, and was very quiet. The hotel offered a park and fly rate which we took advantage of-great value. The hot breakfast was delicious and was offered at a very early hour. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, very quick check-in and check-out. We highly reccomend this hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Joseph, we're pleased to see you've experienced first hand our five star service.......we're limited service only in name, not caliber. Thank you for choosing the multi million dollar newly renovated full service Signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport where first class hospitality is provided at its best!

As of June 1, 2014....the exterior renovation began and will be completed in 4 weeks and every inch of the exterior will be brand new and will retain the number one spot.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is renovated and the rooms are great. We had a wonderful room with great bathroom. It was clean and very comfortable. The breakfast starts early for the early birds who have to catch early flights. I was most grateful for that as we needed to be out by 5:30 a.m. Their breakfast started at 4:30 a.m. They offered up everything from eggs, sausage to waffles and toast. I recommend this hotel for people wanting to have a great room and breakfast before they catch their flight. But is also a great hotel for other people too.

1 Thank DetroitStar48226
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
On behalf of the entire Elite Team and myself, we thank you for choosing the newly renovated Signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport and happy to see you've experienced first hand the unmatched amenities and services and we look forward to your return and will continue exceeding your expectations over and over. thank you for recognizing our exclusive BOB EVAN breakfast!! As a travelers Choice 2014 certificate of excellence winner, we are always looking for ways to give our guests the best possible experience
Sarnia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel on Friday May 23rd before an early morning flight out of DTW.

The hotel was easy to get to off of the I94. Check in was very easy and the staff was courteous, friendly and attentive.

I got the park and sleep package so after check-in I received my parking vouchers and took the short drive down to Airline Parking. It was literally less than a 1 minute drive. The staff there was great as well. The window attendant told me to follow one of the buses as he drove to the nearest empty spot, I parked my car jumped in the bus and he had me back at the hotel in less than 5 minutes.

The hotel room was very spacious, clean and very quiet. I didn't hear a sound all night. The best part about this hotel is that is begins serving breakfast at 4:oo am (hot breakfast to boot) so those that have an early flight can still eat something before heading out. They have a waffle-maker, eggs, toast, bagels, cereal, etc. Very tasty.

Overall, i would gladly stay at this hotel again. For the 9 hours we spent there before the flight it was perfect.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of the entire Elite Team and myself, we thank you for choosing the newly renovated Signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport and happy to see you've experienced first hand the unmatched amenities and services and we look forward to your return and will continue exceeding your expectations over and over. This is what we do best, customer satisfaction. As a travelers Choice 2014 certificate of excellence winner, we are always looking for ways to give our guests the best possible experience
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed the night here before flying out the next morning. Bought a package that included parking for the week while I was away. The room was exceptional, though I didn't get much chance to enjoy it. Having the breakfast included is also great as I can get a good breakfast. After checking out, drove over to the parking lot with the parking vouchers issued at the front desk and away I went. Very impressed with the setup. Hotel is easy to get to. Would definitely do this again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
We're pleased to see you've enjoyed our multi million dollar newly renovated Signature Comfort Inn metro Airport and also our partner, Airlines Parking....where 1st class service is provided and friendly, gated and secure parking and convenient shuttle service where you never have to wait since the shuttles circulate every 2-3 minutes 24 hours a day.

When we say Five star accommodations and First Class service......at the Signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport......WE MEAN IT!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Clean quiet rooms for price. Taxes in was less than $100 for one person. Close to DTW airport and free shuttle. Night audit manager Josh M. was very professional and courteous. He went out of his way to provide useful information and assistance.

Room Tip: Away from highway and elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cathy, on behalf of my Elite team and myself, we thank you for choosing our brand new Signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport where unmatched service and amenities are provided. Going above and beyond and out of our way is what we at the Signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport are famous for as you can see from previous reviews.

We welcome you back in the near future and we promise to always go above and beyond on every single stay.
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

My small group stayed here last week and was absolutely delighted with the accommodations. We have used several other properties in the area, and this was by far the best. The staff is justifiably proud of their refurbished hotel and very eager to do whatever they can to accommodate guests' particular needs. The decor is calming and the public areas pleasantly quiet. My folks particularly complimented the breakfast, cleanliness, and warmth of the staff.
There is a small but nicely equipped exercise room, but no pool. Restaurants are nearby, but we all ate quite adequately in the hotel's bar/lounge--which, by the way, is very reasonably priced.
I did mention my own concerns about the external appearance of the property and smoking stations being too close to the entrance and was informed by the GM that a complete redesign of the exterior was about to begin. Even before that is completed, this is a top value hotel in its class. It's not a luxury hotel and doesn't pretend to be, but I doubt you'll find a better choice in this tier. We'll be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I see you've experienced first hand our Five Star Service and 1st Class accommodations and unmatched amenities at the Multi Million dollar renovation at the Signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport where we pride ourselves in exceeding your expectations...guaranteed!

We look forward to your return to your "Home away from Home" Signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport.
Romulus, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I am a diamond member and stay at many choice hotels but I never felt so appreciated and greeted with an amazing smile from a front desk clerk Chelsea. She was able to help me with all my questions and recognized my elite status which is very important to me. I will definitely be back to the comfort inn. Maybe make it a new home.

Room Tip: end hallway is always best but it is pretty peaceful place there
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
dear Aaron, As they always say, a leader is only as good as his team....so, as the leader of this establishment...instead of taking the full credit, I would like to personally thank my Elite team for their effort and for helping me guarantee the satisfaction of every guest. My team and myself pride ourselves in providing unparalleled service offered exclusively at the signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport. We do what we do because we care! Thank you and look forward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Romulus
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Comfort Inn Metro Airport? Share your experiences!