“Definitely would return” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Amherstburg
“Definitely would return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

We arrived to a VERY pleasant front desk with a lady who was very accomodating and anxious to make sure we had a great stay. We would return here in a heartbeat and would highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a place to stay close to the airport. Never heard of this chain until now, but will definitely recommend it to anyone. Easy to find, clean rooms, ample space and business center with computers if you need them. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Grand Rapids
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

I have done the park and fly twice in the last two months. I live about 2 hours from DTW so it is nice to be able to stay the night if you have an early morning flight. Both times I paid like 95 bucks and got a week of free parking. The parking lot is right across the street and they have shuttles, owned and operated by Airlines Parking, that take people to the airport. The shuttles were extremely fast and I never had to wait. My flights were early 6:15 and 5:30 AM respectively so I was there at non peak times. If your flight is at 5:30 that means you are probably at the parking lot by 4:00 or 4:30 AM. The Lexington hotel is not going to win any four star awards but, I found it to be comparable to most Holiday INN type hotels. The staff was great and everything was clean. Their continental breakfast is small and is the usual fair for cheaper hotels. Some bagels, cold cereal, and doughnuts.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed at the Lexington for one night after a long journey from the UK.

The hotel has a free shuttle - look out for the mini-bus marked 'Airport Connections'. The shuttle serves several hotels, the Lexington being the last on our journey. We arrived at the transit centre about 9pm and had to wait quite a while for the shuttle to arrive - probably about 20-30minutes.

The check-in staff were very friendly. I returned to the reception for pizza menus later, and they were very helpful.

The room was large and comfortable. The TV had cable. There were vending machines throughout, and all doors are internal.

The breakfast spead was the usual selection of coffee, juice, cereal and pasteries. Just enough to start us on our onward journey.

The shuttle back to the airport in the morning needed to be pre-booked at the front desk.

I would recommend the Lexington - just be prepared to wait a while for the inward shuttle.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

Stayed here two nights. Was a Hampton. Room was large, spacious with big desk. Comfy bed. Amenities were :(
Only gave a bottle of shampoo and two bar soaps. Close to airport, reliable shuttle. Friendly staff!!!
Next door to Bob Evans. Air conditioner kept the room very cool! Rumored to be turning into La Qunita!

• Stayed June 2011
Yale, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

We stayed here the night before an early flight to Denver. When we arrived we were greeted nicely. The beds in the room were very very small. It was tough to get a good nights sleep because my boyfriend and I were practically sleeping on top of each other. The wall paper on the wall was gouged and peeling.

They offered Free wireless internet in the room so I brought my computer. I was unable to connect to the internet with my computer (I have never had a problem anywhere else). We called the front desk to get some help and was told "there is a business center upstairs" no help to fix the internet connection problem. I was never able to connect to the internet.

In summery, It was cheap and we stayed less than 12hrs before my flight had to leave but i would not use this hotel again based on the size of the beds in the room (2 double beds) and the problems with the internet

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

this hotel was absolutely the most fantastic value for the money I think I've EVER experienced in a hotel, bar none, anywhere, and there's no possible way I can say enough nice things about the hotel and moreover the wonderful people who work here. long story short: I flew into detroit with the intent of sightseeing for a couple of days, driving to grand rapids for a job, then coming back for a night and flying home. I hadn't had time to book a hotel, so I went to a different hotel near the airport which was WAY too expensive, and the man at the counter recommended this one as a cheaper, clean and comfortable option. BOY WAS HE EVER RIGHT. I drove over, got the triple AAA rate (VERY reasonable, half what the other hotel was) PLUS got some EXCELLENT tourist advice from the extremely helpful and kind woman working the counter that evening - I could tell right away this was going to be a great hotel. the room was clean and comfortable, the included breakfast the next morning was VERY complete (options included coffee, cereal, eggs, sausage, bagels, muffins - it was far above the breakfast I've had at much more expensive hotels). so, having had such a great experience my first two nights here, I returned to the hotel after the job in grand rapids for what I thought was my last night there - and then ended up missing my flight AND my rental car got a flat tire within minutes of each other (nothing like changing a flat tire on an unfamiliar car while kneeling in a puddle on a dark busy road by the airport within sight of the car rental place, I highly recommend it. really. so much fun.). SO, I came back for my new final night (took the shuttle from the airport rather than renting another car, the airport is very close), told a different nice lady at the counter the horror story which had just happened - she gave me a room rate, without asking, which was so low I literally thought she had made a mistake AND she gave me extra paper for the hotel guest office area so that I could print out study materials for the plane home tomorrow. I am just beside myself with thanks to ALL of the staff of the lexington hotel and I just cannot thank them enough - I will probably be back this summer and I have NO doubt as to where I'll be staying

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
White Lake, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

My wife and I were departing Detroit on an early Monday morning flight for our honeymoon in St. Lucia and decided to get a hotel the night before so we could get a little bit of extra sleep.

Ultimately, about half of the 40 minutes we thought we'd save by coming in the night before was eaten up by the representative at check-in taking forever with the guest in front of us in line at check-in. Seriously it was probably about 15 minutes before they even started to check us in.

Everything after that was pretty much okay. You can still clearly tell this used to be a Hampton Inn - the rooms still look very much as they did when it was a Hampton Inn and I believe the beds are still the same beds, which are very comfy. The bathrooms could use some updating and the breakfast I can't comment on as it didn't start until 6 and we left the hotel at about 4:30. The shuttle was quick and prompt.

This hotel doesn't hold a candle to the Marriott or Courtyard by Marriott that are next door, but it's a solid option if you're not in one of those two properties. I've stayed at the Metropolitan, the Ramada, the Quality Inn, and the Comfort Inn near DTW, and this is better than any of those options and usually its just as cheap if not cheaper.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple