La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The customer service is wonderful. Our flight was cancelled and it was 9:00am. The front desk manager not only let us check into a room early, she invited us to enjoy the breakfast if we wanted to! The room was very comfortable and very modern. The only shortcoming in my opinion is that they only supply soap and shampoo--no conditioner and no hand lotion. I thought those were pretty standard.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Although I was initially pleased with the cleanliness of the facility and helpfulness of front desk staff, I was beyond impressed when the hotel let me check BACK INTO my room several hours after I checked out so that I had a place to wait after my early morning flight was cancelled. On top of that, I was able to stay in my room an additional hour past scheduled checkout to accommodate this unfortunate airline issue. I was ultimately booked on a flight 12 hours later than the first cancelled one, and being able to spend any fraction of that time in my hotel room (and not at the airport) was a true gift. Although I understand these types of special considerations are not always possible due to volume at the hotel and cleaning schedule, I think the event speaks wonders of hotel staff, particularly in comparison to some places I've stayed which won't even entertain special circumstances. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AWMaureen
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We got a 2 room 2 Queen bed suite. The suite was very spacious, modern, and clean. The staff has been very welcoming. We traveled with our dogs, and asked the staff to clean the room while we were out for an hour, and they sent somebody right up to clean the room. There are plenty of sidewalks and trees around the property to walk your dog in safety. Breakfast was pretty standard for a La Quinta. My only complaint is that the fold out couch was very average and you could feel the springs in it. I would only have a small child sleeping on it. The regular beds in the room were very comfortable though. Bottom line- especially if you have a pet, but even if you do not have a pet, this is an awesome hotel and these 2 BR suites are great if you have a large family or need room for your dogs to play inside the hotel at a very fair price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The hotel is very new (or al least recently renewed), very quiet and spacious rooms.
The internet (free) work perfectly. The beds are very very good!!!!!
The hotel staff is very nice, helpful and attentive.
They have a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes to and from the airport, and also if the shuttle is available they can drive you to some os the nearby restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed here before an early flight and it was perfect. Couldn't beat the value as it included 8 days of parking as well. Room was clean, desk staff was helpful, lobby is very nicely decorated. Would stay again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We travelled in family and it was safe for everyone to wander around the hotel. The breakfast was delicious, especially the do-it-yourself pancake machine which children love. Clean bedrooms, comfy heater (since we travelled in winter). Nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My flight out of Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport was delay for two nights because of snow and ice. The airline made reservations for me at the La Quinta Inn in Romulus. The staff was very helpful in every way. They provided me with toiletries (I had no luggage), laundry detergent for the guest laundry, menus for restaurants that delivered to the hotel and of course free breakfast. The staff made a bad situation bearable.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends