“Would stay again” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Fresh modern feel. Had two queen size beds. Very comfortable bed with plenty of room. Bathroom had a walk in shower with lots of room to move around. Breakfast was good with French Toast and waffles. Pool was nice and fitness center had free weights and lots of different cardio machines.
Not much activity around the hotel except the airport. No shopping area. Bob Evans next door. More of a business/flights hotel than family friendly.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Naperville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel over 6 times in the past 12 months and have found it beyond reproach. Check out the Merriman Grill located nearby for food. Shuttle from the airport. Newer style furnishings. Convenient and reasonable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Fallbrook, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Called the hotel from Las Vegas airport to let them know our flight was VERY delayed, and that we would be there, and not to give our room away. When we got in at 5:30am, I was told that the rooms had been charged as a no show to the card on file. They did still have rooms, but needed another credit card to book the" comped" rooms. The check in process took a minimum of 20 minutes, due to their policy of charging your card at 8:00pm.
The room was nice, I did write the word dust in the dust on the desk.
Employee Robin was great, and attempted to jump start a truck that had been left there for me. Unfortunately, security must be less than stellar, since someone felt comfortable siphoning about 150 gallons on diesel fuel out of my tanks.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Lori B
Livonia, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I was given a free night stay that I won at a silent auction. The first room they gave me smelled horrible...smelled like paint and made me nauseous. They switched me to another room. No smell but the air conditioner would not work correctly and I'm pregnant so this was very uncomfortable for me. The fan on the air conditioner would not turn on when you used the wall unit. They offered to put me into another room. My husband and I went to check it out...The room was extremely humid. So we denied taking that hotel room. I barely could sleep since I was so hot. We will never come back to this hotel again....very disappointed!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annrho
Traverse City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We use the LaQuinta when we are flying out of Detroit Metro airport. The Hotel is very clean and quiet, the rooms are very nice and the beds comfortable. The option to "park and ride" with 8 days parking is a nice feature.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Cheboygan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

When we arrived and checked in our room was clean and fresh, the hotel was clean, the service was excellent. The Location was close to the Air Port but the noise level was minimal. I would recommend this hotel and I will stay here in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Petoskey, Uganda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

La Quinta Inn offers a great value for the money. Booked room was a double queen, at check in I was able to upgrade to a king for the same cost. Room was very well appointed. Bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I love the business center where I was able to check in for my flight and print my boarding pass before heading to the airport on the complimentary shuttle.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo