“Good value and convenience in Detroit”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel over 6 times in the past 12 months and have found it beyond reproach. Check out the Merriman Grill located nearby for food. Shuttle from the airport. Newer style furnishings. Convenient and reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Called the hotel from Las Vegas airport to let them know our flight was VERY delayed, and that we would be there, and not to give our room away. When we got in at 5:30am, I was told that the rooms had been charged as a no show to the card on file. They did still have rooms, but needed another credit card to book the" comped" rooms. The check in process took a minimum of 20 minutes, due to their policy of charging your card at 8:00pm.
The room was nice, I did write the word dust in the dust on the desk.
Employee Robin was great, and attempted to jump start a truck that had been left there for me. Unfortunately, security must be less than stellar, since someone felt comfortable siphoning about 150 gallons on diesel fuel out of my tanks.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Lori B
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I was given a free night stay that I won at a silent auction. The first room they gave me smelled horrible...smelled like paint and made me nauseous. They switched me to another room. No smell but the air conditioner would not work correctly and I'm pregnant so this was very uncomfortable for me. The fan on the air conditioner would not turn on when you used the wall unit. They offered to put me into another room. My husband and I went to check it out...The room was extremely humid. So we denied taking that hotel room. I barely could sleep since I was so hot. We will never come back to this hotel again....very disappointed!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annrho
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We use the LaQuinta when we are flying out of Detroit Metro airport. The Hotel is very clean and quiet, the rooms are very nice and the beds comfortable. The option to "park and ride" with 8 days parking is a nice feature.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

When we arrived and checked in our room was clean and fresh, the hotel was clean, the service was excellent. The Location was close to the Air Port but the noise level was minimal. I would recommend this hotel and I will stay here in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

La Quinta Inn offers a great value for the money. Booked room was a double queen, at check in I was able to upgrade to a king for the same cost. Room was very well appointed. Bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I love the business center where I was able to check in for my flight and print my boarding pass before heading to the airport on the complimentary shuttle.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Original room I was given had issues with air conditioner/heater. Basically, it didn't work. Desk kept giving me instructions to try different things, including selecting centigrade button for cooling (you gotta be kidding) and unplugging/resetting plug at wall before offering a different room. I am not paying to be maintenance. I have stayed here before and it just seems to be disintegrating since La Quinta took over (used to be a Lexington Hotel). Room was clean - I can't complain. Furnishings are ok. Breakfast is very minimal and not very appealing - things like cornflakes and fruit loops, hard boiled eggs, bagels, bread or french toast to put in toaster, whole fruit. No muffins or sweet rolls. No orange juice. Lady who looked after the breakfast area was very attentive to it, though. Shuttle seems to be a problem - first of all you have to call them for it instead of it being a continually passing through shuttle like other hotels have. Also, their own shuttle was not working and had to rely on shuttle from another place. Some people had been waiting 45 minutes at the airport to get the shuttle to this hotel. The other thing they need to fix is the room doors - they really slam closed even if you're not doing it purposely and make a lot of noise. Surely, you could put felt on the door frame to cushion some of that. One more thing I would caution parents about the window - it opens from the bottom rather than side to side and doesn't open very much but it is enough of a gap that if a very young child climbed up to it, there is enough space for them to slip through it. Overall, I would stay there again. It is not a bad hotel and does have a computer area near the lobby. It does have wifi in the rooms. The rooms look nice. I have stayed here before and haven't encountered a room problem before this, just to be fair about it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo