“Service Made the Difference”

Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed one night for business and needed a DTW location.

The good: arrived early and my room wasn't ready (I did not expect that it would be.) The front desk allowed me to use the Concierge lounge until it was, which enabled me to work in a quiet place. All the staff was friendly and helpful. Reasonable rate (although not as low as the "name your price" mentioned below.) Internet connection was solid. Complimentary breakfast in the lounge (because I have Marriott status) was good.

The not-so-good: your standard "old school" Marriott, which is more than adequate but not special. The room was clean and in good repair. My frequent gripe: why don't they have an outlet on the nightstand to charge my cellphone?

Bottom line: solid business hotel with good access to DTW.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 June 2012

The hotel is good for is location close to the airport but that's about it if you compare it with the price you pay. The food in the "restaurant" was really bad, not tasty at all and didn't feel very fresh either. There was a certain noise from the washing machines room ongoing not so far from my room, and what it is unconceivable, the room was dusty! If I passed my finger on the desk, it really turned black due to the dust layer on it. It is not normal to pay more than 100$ a night for a dirty room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Convenient location and got a great "name your own price"(45 FYI) The room was clean and the bathroom appeared to be remodeled. The bed was very comfortable. Overall though, the facilities are old and starting to show their age. Wallpaper peeling and old decor in the common areas. The pool was nice and was clean, but the hot tub was low on water and pretty hot. I gave it 4 of 5 bubbles for the value I got. But I wouldn't classify this as 3.5 stars. Id say closer to 3 or 2.5. If you can get a room for under $100 you'll probably be happy with your stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Not amazing but very nice. Business oriented and close to the airport. Room was nicely updated and comfortable. Got a great price on Hotwire!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I had no problem with the hotel itself and the rooms, but the restaurant closed very early and the property isn't within walking distance of much. I'm trying to figure out how Marriott owns four properties essentially within a mile of each other and expects (1) people not to be confused (2) an airport shuttle every 30 mins to suffice and (3) all these properties to stay in business.

As you might guess, I got off the shuttle at the wrong property (Courtyard, which is literally next door). I waited in line only to find out I was at the wrong place. The shuttle driver could have done a better job telling us where we were and that there were four stops. I also could have paid attention to where my reservation was!

I'm staying at the courtyard in a couple weeks, so I'll let you know which is better. This place was fine in the rooms but kind of boring otherwise. Conceirge level breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Our experience at this Marriott was nothing but the best.. Starting with the connection made to Brandon when I called for the Marriott Shuttle at the DTW Airport, to the gentleman driving the Marriott Shuttle, to the Front Desk, all the way to my comfy room.

My room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable (heck I could have even slept in their chaise that was in the room)..I loved the decor especially with the pictures reflective of the area of the airport and motor city.

When I fly into Detroit there will be no doubt I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This hotel is located off the main road, near the Detroit Airport. Very close to the park & fly. While the outside of the building and yard appears dated and in need of some minor cleaning. The inside is what you would expect with this chain. The staff were friendly and welcoming. While the lobby is not large it is clean and has a little irish pub attached. This makes having a snack or evening drink enjoyable without having to leave the building.
The room was very clean and well taken care maintained.
There is free WiFi included. The shuttle service runs to and from the airport, which is less than 10 minutes door to terminal.
A very good choice for a family or businessman to stay the night before or after a trip.
I wouldn't pick it if you were looking for a weekend away...

Room Tip: Our room over looked a bunch of air conditioners... There was no noise, but it was nothing to look...