“Good Choice at the Airport”

Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We arrived on a redeye and this was a planned stay so we didn't have to drive 2 hours in the snow to our final destination. I am a Platinum member and I found this Marriott to be warm and cozy. Our room was clean and in good shape. I was traveling with my family and none of us found any problems with this hotel. We will definitely plan to stay here on our next flight into Detroit. The hotel security was good. It's a quick drive to the hotel. The only tricky thing is if you are driving yourself it is easy to miss the Flynn Drive entrance so you need to spot the Marriott sign as you approach the property.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LG2Pro
There are newer reviews for Detroit Metro Airport Marriott

Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

The rooms are clean and small but beds are quite comfortable. Close to airport and has a heated pool and hot tub. The pool area is very warm and comfortable. Kids had a great time. Would stay again. Cheaper if you book online.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank astratts
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My flight got delayed from Miami by nearly 3 hours so I decided to stay by the airport and not let my friends have to drive so late in the night...or rather early morning.

After a few calls using the courtesy phone by the baggage claim area, and Hilton and others being full, I decided to go out and catch the first shuttle I saw, and hope to get a room. Marriott's shuttle was the first up. The driver called ahead. They had a room and I got a good rate, compared to what I was quoted at two other hotels.

Lori was very friendly at Reception and very quickly I was in my room. I had asked for a quiet room. Room 329 was far from the elevator. It had 2 beds, tv, radio, coffee maker with supplies and cable tv.

The bathroom was well stocked with towels and amenities. Hot water and pressure was also good. The bathroom was in good condition and clean.

I sleep with ear plugs so can't comment on noise. The blackout drapes were great too. My alarm was going for a few minutes before I heard it so that tells how comfy the bed and room in general was. The coffee was quite decent.

Overall I was very happy with my stay. All employees I dealt with we're very friendly and called me by name, which was great. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank LorraineMc
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I am a business traveler on the road 3 weeks per month. I am also a Platinum member at both Hilton and Marriott, so yes I have standards but I do not think they are over the top standards. I stayed at this hotel for a personal short vacation in the middle of October 2012. . I was placed on the concierge floor (member floor) and was shocked when I arrived at the room and was unable to get the luggage trolley into the room due to furniture overcrowding. I contacted the front desk to inquire if there were larger rooms available and was informed all rooms were this size. The rooms are the size of a closet (maybe 12’ x 12’) and are overcrowded with furniture (oversized desk, chair, ottoman, dresser and an appliance cabinet). The room was outdated and dirty especially in the bathroom. To top things off I went to the concierge lounge to grab a desert only to find fingerprints in all the brownies! With all the hotels in this immediate area I would strongly encourage hotel seekers to select any of the area Hilton hotels.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank QCcutie
Tammy P, General Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

It is very disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our property. We value your imput and we are looking at options to improve the flow of the room. We do have some rooms that are slightly smaller then others and we should have offered another option. I have also addressed your concerns with the housekeeping team and the food and beverage team. Please contact me directly if you would like to reconsider staying with us on your next trip.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

A few days before arriving to this hotel we received an email from management asking if there was anything in particular we required for our stay. We have stayed at many Marriott hotels and never received an email like this. We were very impressed.

We replied requesting an upgrade (which we normally get as we are platinum) and some information about the airport shuttle. Brandon promptly responded confirming our upgrade and gave us the information we needed.

When we arrived at the airport, the shuttle was there within 30 seconds. At the hotel we were served by Sal at reception who was extremely helpful and professional. We were given breakfast and appetizer vouchers as the concierge lounge was closed. A lot of Marriotts don't offer vouchers when the concierge lounge is closed so again we were very impressed.

The suite was very nice and huge.

The only reason I haven't rated this hotel 5 star is because the only restaurant option is a pub which makes it difficult for people that don't want to be in a pub environment, of any sort.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2012 via mobile

This is a good choice if you're looking for something close to the airport. It's about five minutes from the rental car drop off. I received vouchers for free breakfast. The breakfast was good, ample selection, though they aren't readily set up for orders "to go"- you have to ask. Also at the bar for dinner two nights and it was good. Nothing to write home about, but solid pub fare.
I also overheard another guest saying that if you hang the no maid service card on your door, you receive a $5 coupon. I didn't notice the card though.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank PeppeWrangler
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed one night and it was a nice stay. We had to call for the shuttle which came in a reasonable time - we arrived after 10 pm on a Friday night. We had an easy checkin and was greeted kindly. Brandon, the front desk manager, was very nice and provided us a nice room. We are gold so we received breakfast vouchers for breakfast in the restaurant since the concierge lounge is closed on the weekend. Breakfast was nice and the service was really good. The hostess and servers were very pleasant and attentive. The buffet bar was clean and sufficient but it didn't have a large variety of items. Food was good and fruit was fresh. The room was clean and nice as is with most Marriott full service hotels. No surprises except our first room was left ajar/open when we arrived so we went back to the desk and we were provided a new room and it was just fine. I requested a room closer to the elevator this time and it was much better since the other room was a bit away from the elevators. It's nice to know that Marriott is consistent and you know what you are getting. We had a nice stay albeit just one night.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Courtyard Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Detroit Metro Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!