Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
US$132
US$120
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsthe concierge loungedetroit metro airportking bedfront desk staffnice propertyrestaurant barbob evanscomfortable roommini fridgethe shuttle driverann arboran early flightone night stayfree parkinglobbypropertiescoupon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2014

its a wonderful place. the room is very good and the restaurant they have is fantastic. The breakfast is very good. They have a pool too but i didnt had time to enjoy. There is a van service that can pick the guests at the airport. I strongly recomend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for such a glowing recommendation! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back to the Detroit Metro Airport Marriott soon!
Until next time,

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel several times. The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful. Rooms are up to date and clean. Love the restaurant and bar on site. A great place to have a drink after a long flight. Will definitely stay here again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for making the Detroit Metro Airport Marriott part of your trips to Detroit! It sounds like the team is making sure you feel welcomed and comfortable, which is great. We hope to see you again soon!

Best,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Checked in to find out I was "guest of the day" - very cute and appreciated. Was given concierge access (unfortunately already closed) and a certificate for a drink,1k marriott points or food. Front desk was helpful and very nice. Went to bar for dinner and a drink, the bartender (some Polish guy) was fantastic and entertaining. Active remodeling being done while I was there. My room was on the second floor and was as expected. Would definitely stay here again. Also, not a bad place if you have an early flight out in the morning. Shuttle runs every 20 minutes on the hour.

Room Tip: ask for a remodeled room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We very much appreciate your loyalty and support during our transformation. I hope you'll come back to the Detroit Metro Airport Marriott if you're ever in the area again.

With warmth,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

90% of my reviews are positive, however I feel that I must warn others who are booking this hotel in the next few weeks. The hotel is undergoing a much needed, major renovation. The friendly front desk clerk informed me of this at check-in. I usually stay at Livonia Marriott but with a 6am flight, I chose this one. I am a Platinum member and was told the concierge level was moved to the 1st floor and that Gold and Platinum guests were being put on the first floor. OK--no problem. On my trip to the relocated Concierge lounge at 5:30pm I noticed a very strong, pungent order of paint thinner or varnish in the lobby. The concierge lounge was just off the lobby and I noticed the poor woman staffing it had a mask available. She was not feeling well. After 5 minutes, I began to suffer a headache. I am an ex public health nurse and I am very concerned about the staff having to work with such poor ventilation and air quality. I am a creature of habit and usually order a cocktail and dinner at the bar. No way--the odor was too strong, actually nauseating! The staff were all wonderful but I could tell that they were not comfortable wth the working conditions. The front desk manager "comped" my dinner which I had to eat in my room. I feel like a prisoner tonight but I am too tired to switch hotels. I have stayed here before and it is a decent hotel. I am advising NOT to stay here until the renovations are complete. Sorry to say this, as I am a loyal Platinum member. I do not feel this is a safe environment during the construction. Call first. Hoping my headache goes away!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, try to get as far away from the construction as possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Grey_Goose_Up
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort during your stay. There's nothing more important to us than making sure you feel at home. I can assure you that your safety and the safety of our team was at the top of our minds.

We know the next time you visit Detroit, you'd be truly wowed with our comfortable rooms and new updates. We hope to see you again soon.

Best,
Brandi S., Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at the Marriott at DWT because they offered a park & fly package. I arrived a much later than expected to checking. By 10:30 pm parking with tight. Me and my child had to almost park in the rear of the hotel. I thought the parking lot could have used morel lighting. We were quickly checked in and given a 1st floor room. The room was average, but the bed was very comfortable. The next day we went across the street to park and had to the airport for our flight. It was a nice stay with a good price that included up to 1 week paid parking (in the adjacent lot).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family