“Great stay”

Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great stay”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I had a wonderful stay. Great services. I got the help needed. I am disabled and received the accommodations needed. I was there for a week stay. Very comfortable beds and pillows. I will definitely be back

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank AntonioSantana1
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thanks for sharing such a glowing recommendation! It was our pleasure to make sure you were well taken care of. After all, there's nothing more important to us than you feeling welcomed and comfortable. I hope you enjoyed your time around Detroit. We'll see you next time.

Brandi, Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Had to stay here because of a cancelled flight. Not cheap, but as someone else mentioned, in the throes of a way overdue rehab. the exterior looks good, but the interior is a mess...dirty hallways, out of date rooms, out of date bathroom, slow wireless, poor ventilation. While the front desk people were helpful and businesslike, it doesn't excuse the completely out of date condition of the hotel. Poor reflection on Marriott.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your visit, Daniel. As you probably noticed, we're in the middle of a beautiful renovation project. I think you'll be happy with the results once its completed. In the mean time, don't hesitate to let us know if we can help improve your stay in any way. After all, we want you to always feel welcomed and comfortable. I hope we'll have another chance to welcome you back in soon.

All the best.
Indiana
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Checking in I noticed several splatter marks on the wallpaper behind the main desk--odd but didn't think much of it--checked in around 9:45 p.m. after a long day of travel. Concierge lounge is under construction so they have made a room on the first floor open for that. They put some tables and chairs in there but when I went in, despite being open for another 15 minutes--it was a mess and no one to be found for any beverages, snacks, etc. That was just the beginning. The room (and I'm Platinum) was NYC small. Lumpy pillows, threadbare carpeting, peeling ceiling in the bathroom, window air conditioner that kept me up with the on/off most of the night and get this (I moved to the Westin at the airport the next night), you can hear every plane that takes off or lands. On site at the Westin hotel, overlooking the terminal I heard zero plane noise.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
I'm very sorry to hear about your disappointing visit with us. We are under construction, but we want to make sure you're still well-taken care of and have everything you need. I'm disappointed that the concierge wasn't more helpful when you went in. Also, I'm a bit surprised to hear about your hotel room. Our maintenance team is on top of any issues and keeping your rooms in top shape is a huge priority. Did you have a chance to mention anything to our team? We'd be more than happy to take a look. The last thing we want is our guests to leave unsatisfied, so I sincerely apologize we missed the opportunity to improve your experience before you left.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 25 June 2014

its a wonderful place. the room is very good and the restaurant they have is fantastic. The breakfast is very good. They have a pool too but i didnt had time to enjoy. There is a van service that can pick the guests at the airport. I strongly recomend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for such a glowing recommendation! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back to the Detroit Metro Airport Marriott soon!
Until next time,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel several times. The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful. Rooms are up to date and clean. Love the restaurant and bar on site. A great place to have a drink after a long flight. Will definitely stay here again

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for making the Detroit Metro Airport Marriott part of your trips to Detroit! It sounds like the team is making sure you feel welcomed and comfortable, which is great. We hope to see you again soon!

nikitta28
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Checked in to find out I was "guest of the day" - very cute and appreciated. Was given concierge access (unfortunately already closed) and a certificate for a drink,1k marriott points or food. Front desk was helpful and very nice. Went to bar for dinner and a drink, the bartender (some Polish guy) was fantastic and entertaining. Active remodeling being done while I was there. My room was on the second floor and was as expected. Would definitely stay here again. Also, not a bad place if you have an early flight out in the morning. Shuttle runs every 20 minutes on the hour.

Room Tip: ask for a remodeled room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We very much appreciate your loyalty and support during our transformation. I hope you'll come back to the Detroit Metro Airport Marriott if you're ever in the area again.

With warmth,
Springfield IL
Reviewed 11 June 2014

90% of my reviews are positive, however I feel that I must warn others who are booking this hotel in the next few weeks. The hotel is undergoing a much needed, major renovation. The friendly front desk clerk informed me of this at check-in. I usually stay at Livonia Marriott but with a 6am flight, I chose this one. I am a Platinum member and was told the concierge level was moved to the 1st floor and that Gold and Platinum guests were being put on the first floor. OK--no problem. On my trip to the relocated Concierge lounge at 5:30pm I noticed a very strong, pungent order of paint thinner or varnish in the lobby. The concierge lounge was just off the lobby and I noticed the poor woman staffing it had a mask available. She was not feeling well. After 5 minutes, I began to suffer a headache. I am an ex public health nurse and I am very concerned about the staff having to work with such poor ventilation and air quality. I am a creature of habit and usually order a cocktail and dinner at the bar. No way--the odor was too strong, actually nauseating! The staff were all wonderful but I could tell that they were not comfortable wth the working conditions. The front desk manager "comped" my dinner which I had to eat in my room. I feel like a prisoner tonight but I am too tired to switch hotels. I have stayed here before and it is a decent hotel. I am advising NOT to stay here until the renovations are complete. Sorry to say this, as I am a loyal Platinum member. I do not feel this is a safe environment during the construction. Call first. Hoping my headache goes away!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, try to get as far away from the construction as possible.
Green Features: OOOPS, nothing about paint fumes seems environmentally friendly.
1 Thank Grey_Goose_Up
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort during your stay. There's nothing more important to us than making sure you feel at home. I can assure you that your safety and the safety of our team was at the top of our minds.

We know the next time you visit Detroit, you'd be truly wowed with our comfortable rooms and new updates. We hope to see you again soon.

Brandi S., Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
Courtyard Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Detroit Metro Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!