“Major renovations ongoing”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, Canada
“Major renovations ongoing”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

It is good to see that they are keeping up with times.

Most, if not all the rooms have been done.

They are now working on the lobby and restaurants.

Very comfortable bed.

Rooms were quiet and could not hear the planes flying overhead.

Close to airport.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
I'm so glad you enjoyed our upgrades, Dan! We're almost done with our other renovations, so stay tuned for more lovely updates. We'll see you next time you're in Detroit!

Brandi, Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Was being refurbed when I stayed so all a bit up in the air. I was on 4th in concierge level room, room recently refurbed. Was ok but not amazing. Concierge lounge was friendly and nice. Downstairs though was rather chaotic, bar moved to a conf room temporarily. Reception a scrappy temporary desk. I appreciate that places need to get refurbed and that you can't do without temp disruption. Even though I had no warning of this which I thought was a bit unusual.

• Stayed July 2014
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
I'm very sorry that our renovations put a damper on your visit. While it's important for us to upgrade and upkeep, the last thing we want to do is disturb you. I hope to have another chance to welcome you back in once our projects are complete, because I know you'd be truly comfortable and impressed.

Best,
Philadelphia
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here maybe 10 times and put up with the highway notice, the train whistles and the wall shaker el cheapo AC unit. I'm a platinum marriott guy and they seem to never give me a good room. The common areas are not in great shape either and the lobby resteraunt is old and depressing. This is not a very restful place to stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
I'm very sorry to hear that outside noise was disturbing your sleep. We always want you to feel comfortable and relaxed during your visit, so this is especially disappointing. Next time, we'd love to find you a quieter room. Also, we're in the middle of making some lovely improvements to our common areas -- another chance to impress after our renovations would mean the world to us.

Pontiac, Michigan
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel because we had an early departure out of Detroit Metro airport. The hotel was very busy and check-in was slow. However the desk staff were friendly and professional. Unfortunately we had to park near the rear of the building and walk around to the front of the hotel to enter. The room was acceptable....nothing fancy. It was a older hotel and it showed its age but we only need a place to sleep for 1 night. The next day we moved our vehicle to the airport parking lot across the street from the hotel and they shuttled us to the airport. We paid about $115.00 for 1 night hotel and 7 days of parking.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, Sherry! You can't beat getting a few extra hours of sleep before an early flight, right? The next time you head out for vacation, we'd love to welcome you back in. We're working on some renovations right now, so be on the lookout for some nice updates!

Amherstburg, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I didn't pay full price for this room, and if I would of payed what the marriott web site wanted for this place I would not of been very happy, all tho it did have comfy beds. The shuttle driver drove up to the curb at the airport and threw everyone's bags down and took off, didn't say anything or even wait for a tip, lol. All I can say this hotel served it's purpose, it was just ok.

• Stayed July 2014
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I'm sorry to hear that your shuttle service was less than helpful, Shilee. We certainly want you to feel well taken care of, especially after a long day of traveling. The next time you visit Detroit, you can count on a much better experience. I know our best care would truly wow you.

Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the Marriott just after I came from Germany. I used the hotel to get a good night of sleep.
The gym was good, not too big but reasonable.

The rooms have been quiet and well equipped.

The bar/ restaurant was reasonable and the pricing okay. I have had to skip breakfast, due to an early pick up.

Fair pricing and convenient location.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pacman2038
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! I can only imagine how tired you were after a long trip from Germany, and it's great that you felt so comfortable and welcomed.

I hope you had a wonderful trip to the States! We'll see you next time you travel to Detroit.

Best,
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed here on a rewards night with my wife and son in July 2014. I'm so glad I didn't pay to stay here. The hotel was undergoing some major renovations so the front entrance was closed and the entrance was on the side of the hotel with a temporary front desk. We were given a room across from the Concierge lounge which was part of the renovation. The noise of power tools was continuous for most of the afternoon and this was a Sunday. The room keys never seemed to work. I had to swap out four keys. We took our son to the pool to escape the noise. You can't get to the pool directly so you have to trek around the hotel. Either the pool has no air conditioning ot they don't believe in using it. It was like a sauna so we left. We ate in the Irish pub at the hotel but there was almost nothing Irish on the menu. The airport shuttle pickup (at the airport) was supposed to be every 20 minutes but I waited almost 30 minutes to get to the hotel after dropping off the rental car. I understand that hotels need to renovate but it should be done in stages. Whoever planned this has incapacitated this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
I'm very sorry to hear that you were so inconvenienced during your stay. Our goal is to make your stay as comfortable and quiet as possible during our renovations, and it sounds like we missed the mark. I can assure you that our renovations are almost complete, and once they are you'll be truly wowed by our calm and welcoming environment. We hope the next time you stay in Detroit, we get to show you our best.

Brandi, Front Desk Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Courtyard Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Detroit Metro Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!