“Perfect if you want to relax before a flight”

Quality Inn & Suites Romulus
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews. I actually booked it from airline miles, it was 5,900 United miles - one of the cheapest hotels on the list.
I was quite happy with my stay. Room was clean, bed very comfortable, decent TV, fast internet. I could relax before my early flight the next day.
Breakfast was just ok - they do have eggs and sausages though.
The shuttle is every half an hour so it's easy to get to the airport.
I saw quite a few of Delta flight attendants staying there. I even talked to one of them and she recommended this hotel and said she stays there frequently.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Morning_blossom

Reviewed 19 December 2012

My sheets were clean and I was able to sleep. The carpet was stained the walls had food splatters, the ceilings had been patched. The sink was stained and the faucet had all the chrome scratched. The TV was a flat screen and there was wifi. The room had a micro wave and small fridge. I just need to be near the airport. The rate for the room was cheap so I got what I paid for. The reception area also has the breakfast bar which was clean and set up nice in the morning with plenty of hot coffee. The woman taking care of the food was extremely pleasent

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

I was not surprised to see it located near the airport or even so near other places to stay, but I was impressed by the staffs friendliness, helpfulness and professional attitude. That goes a long way after being hauled around by airline pirates all day. The room was nice Ans wifi and breakfast was included for a very fair price. The noise in the room was minimal which is always a concern of mine. The Lounge area was nice with a separate place from the breakfast area to wait on the free airport shuttle. One thing was funny they had covered paintings with Christmas paper as a decoration and that was a classic touch of American ingenuity no matter who's idea it was. I will definitely return to this location for my travel needs. One more note the shuttle bus ran with me as the only passenger on time, thats unheard of .... great job quality inn.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank JohnStinger
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We were staying with our daughter and family in Toledo, OH and had a fairly early flight to come home. Rather than get up at O'dark-thirty, we decided to get a room close to the airport and avoid last minute panic.

I researched this place and found it to be the lowest price for an Expedia rating of over 3 stars and booked through Expedia. If I had to describe this property in just one word it would be "convenient". It is close to the airport, close to a gas station to top off the rental car (at slightly rip-off prices) and close to the car rental return lots.

I give this property extremely high marks for opening their breakfast bar at 5:00am allowing you to actually get something to eat before rushing off to catch your plane. The food is nothing special, standard motel breakfast fare, with the ubiquitous waffle maker. They did have sausage patties and eggs so you could make a breakfast sandwich, along with cereals, yogurt, pastries, juice and coffee, etc.

The room was quiet and clean although showing its age just a bit. The towels were smaller and thinner than what you get in a luxury hotel, but then you end up paying 3 times as much too. I will definitely consider staying again if in the area.

Room Tip: We were at the end of a wing so it was extremely quiet far away from the elevator and ice machine.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CWLee
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Staff was very friendly-front desk, breakfast, housekeeping. Were asked many times if we needed anything. Breakfast was very good. Scrambled egg patties, sausage, and the usual hotel breakfast items. Waffle iron was not available-not sure if that was temporary or not. We were offered an upgrade because of length of stay and choice hotel status. Very nice surprise! Bed was very comfortable. Room was nicely decorated. No problems with internet hookup. Although close to the airport, plane noise was not a problem.

Room Tip: We are smokers-this is a non-smoking hotel. The front desk clerk put us near the elevator-very hand...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Had to stay here for nine days and haven't met a friendlier, more helpful staff. Rooms were quiet, clean, newer bedding, and a better fitness room than most hotels in this class (free weights too). Sure, there were a few hiccups ... hot water in shower had a couple 'off' mornings, and wish they had ESPN .. but I am fairly laid back and easy to please. I've stayed at nearly all of the hotels around Metro Airport, and it would be tough to beat this one for the price. And even tougher to beat their friendly staff. If price and people are important to your next stay around Metro, I would recommend you consider Quality Inn. Thanks to Kristen, (Heather for the Raisin Bran), and the entire staff for a nice stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I have stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites since September and I have had mostly positive experiences. Any negatives have been offset by the positive and helpful attitude of the staff. I am greeted with a smile and hello every time I walk through the door and everyone knows my name. I am truly grateful to the staff for going out of their way to make the hotel feel like home!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business