“A great start and finish to our vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
“A great start and finish to our vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

We stayed here on either end of our vacation in lieu of paying for parking at the Detroit airport - 2 nights stay cost about the same as parking at the airport for 10 days. The first night was a bit of a challenge in that our room had clearly been smoked in. We were gladly given another room, but it didn't have a king-sized bed as promised. On the third try we got a great room and overall were very pleased with the room and the service. The 5:00am breakfast was perfect for us - we were able to eat and get to the airport for 5:30 to catch our flight.

On the return trip was where the staff really stepped up for us. Matthew, the shuttle driver, was cheerful and helpful right from the start. After we called for the shuttle, he arrived in about 5 minutes. Our car - which had been parked in the secure compound for 10 days - had a dead battery, and Matthew immediately took care of this for us. Jon at the front desk remembered us from the previous stay and arranged for us to have the same room as before (the one we actually liked). While this is no 4 or 5 star hotel, we were pleased with a good, clean room and outstanding customer service. We would gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the end of the row have bigger windows and plenty of space.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PRSham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Ripley, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

We needed a place to stay before and after a trip, and to park our vehicle. The first night the room was clean and newly renovated. The man at the desk Jon was very nice and helpful. He remembered us on our return trip. No problem with the shuttle or parking. Make your own waffles - a favorite with our kids. The return night our room did smell of cigarettes. I let them know the next morning.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MaryellenP123
East Lansing, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

I was dearly hoping to write a positive review after using the "stay, park, fly" package. Alas, I cannot. My partner and I were initially quite pleasantly surprised. The room we were given had been redone and was quite nice. Huge contrast to the worn and ragged space that I experienced previously then this was a Howard Johnson's location.

We were told that upon our return, all we had to do was call and "a shuttle will be sent right away". Well, it took us 4 or 5 calls and over 45 minutes before their shuttle file arrived. I heard different excuses from the receptionist and from the driver. But I don't want excuses or apologies. I want GOOD SERVICE. And making customers wait for nearly an hour, in the cold, before the promised shuttle arrives is inexcusable.

At the price, this was a great value. But the bad experience at the end of our trip put a terrible sour taste in our mouth about this facility and its services.

And I have NO confidence that I will hear anything from the management of the location.

I guess we "got what we paid for".

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Big_PoppaEL
Angela T, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn-Metro Airport as you home away from home. We understand you have many choices in the lodging so your decision to stay with us is very much appreciated. I am concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology!

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

I understand you don't want to hear excuses or apologies but we did just begin our own hotel shuttle service a month ago and are still working out the kinks. Since we were unable to make your concerns right during your brief visit, I really hope you give us one more chance!

Please be assured that all of the issues you’ve raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Angela Thorpe
Pompano Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

The room was quite adequate. The bed was comfortable. I"m not sure if it had been
cleaned or not. The bathroom floor was sticky and gritty. I used a white towel and washed
the floor and the towel was black, black, black. I showed the desk clerk and he said it shouldn't be like that....duh!! The desk clerks were rather unhelpful when we checked in. Finally, the female clerk came out of a glass enclosed area and she was rude to the male desk clerk who was trying to be professional and help us and about 4 other s families behind us. The female was very rude to the male clerk and it made me uncomfortable. She wasn't helping him and he was trying to take care of a whole line of patrons. Not good teamwork on her part. The desk clerk in the morning said he'd get back with me about the dirty bathroom floor that I washed, but I haven't heard from them YET.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank barbmac5
Woodstock, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

Well appointed and maintained bungalow style buildings make this overnight location for flying in or out of Detroit's Wayne County Airport. Friendly service, rooms are comfortable and spacious, hot breakfast included and available from 5:00 a.m.with courtesy shuttle to airport every 1/2 hour. On-site secured parking included for up to 10 days at either beginning or conclusion of trip or both. Great value for the money. Will definitely stay here again on trips requiring overnight accommodation when flying out of Detroit.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Berlin Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

A weeks parking and a nite stay before your flight for $60 is a great deal. My wife and I stayed here Oct 11, 2012 before flying south. The accomodations were good and the service was fine. The rooms have been recently renovated so they are comfortable and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel for those on a tight budget. It is very nice and the airpot shuttle is fantastic. Thanks. Will stay again.

Room Tip: All rooms are secluded and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

Happy to find this place after tough day. Complimentary 24hr shuttle, efficient friendly check in, microwave, minifridge, marble topped vanity, LG flat screen, plenty of lights, comfortable bed, ceiling heat in bathroom ....I could go on. I could not be more impressed with this hotel for the price and recommend it without reservation.

All rooms are "outside " -- this is not an interior hallway hotel. There are many buildings, all single story. If mobility is an issue ask for building 1, closest to the front.
Will be back when need arises.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Angela T, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
We hope you come back to visit our hotel, but not as a distressed traveler next time! We hope you got home safe!