“Close to airport”

Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Bay City, Michigan
“Close to airport”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed one night before going to the air show. Price is very reasonable. The room we had was clean but needed some updating in the bath area. The check in staff were very friendly and helpful, however at checkout the clerk never acknowledged me or any words of "how the room was etc." She took my room card and handed me a receipt. Breakfast was the usual quick and go. Many Delta airline crews seem to be staying there.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tomgee88
ABVI48174, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 19 September 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay with us.

We are please to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Americas Best Value Inn-Metro Airport and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
ontario
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed here several times before but not recently. I stayed here on the outbound and inbound days. The rooms are getting tired, one didn't have a safe, the other seemed like it could easily be removed. Musty smell, didn't seem as well kept at all as compared to my last trip. Staff, they were there, but not very helpful or engaging. Took awhile after I called to get picked up at the airport. Good value, but doubt I will try them next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank pokher_ace
As a valued guest at Americas Best Value Inn-Metro Airport I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Unfortunately we were not preforming up to our usual standards at the time of your stay with us and for that I sincerely apologize. The issues you have mentioned have been addressed and are in the process or completed.
We hope to see you again
Davenport, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel is located close to Detroit airport so would by great for travelers. All doors open to outside where you can park right in front of your door, great for unpacking and loading your car. Close to some wonderful restaurants, which is important to me as I hate eating at fast food all the time. They could improve on their breakfast buffet a little like maybe adding yogurt. They have oranges and apples, cereal, toast, waffles also o j like I said ok. We stayed there 3 nights and was not disappointed also the in room refrigerator worked great.

Room Tip: Close to Detroit airport so when door is open jets are quite loud, but overall for the price rooms a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful remarks regarding Americas Best Value Inn-Metro Airport!
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our hotel layout we get many compliments about how easy it is to unload your luggage into your room.
I hope while your were our guest that you had the opportunity enjoy one of our many fine dishes in our very own Capitol Bistro & Bar.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Ottawa, Ohio
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Went here to stay and they offer me a park and fly package at a very reasonable price. The rooms were clean and they have outdoor access only. Bed was comfortable and the little bus will run to the airport. The restaurant connected to the hotel "Capital Bistro Bar's" food was really. Nice Italian restaurant across the " Leonardo's where I've ate before is pricey but really good.
Other than that not a bad price and convenient to Detroit Airport.

Stayed July 2014
I appreciate your great review regarding our Lodge, Park and Fly package. We pride our self on the convenience and affordability our packages offer.
Also, Thank you for mentioning our on premise restaurant Capitol Bistro & Bar.
Hope to see you again soon
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here as part of a Park and Fly package. These rooms are very basic accommodations at best. It is of the motel style. The rooms were adequate for our purpose of simply sleeping for a few hours before being taken to the airport. Although the motel advertises "on-site" parking what actually occurs on the morning of departure is this: you drive your vehicle up to the lobby and park it behind the airport transport van. When all passengers are accounted for, vehicles then follow the transport van through the motel property and in to the Qwik Park lot through a secured back gate. There you park you car, load your luggage, jump on to the van at which time you are transported to the airport. Seriously? Next trip we will simply drive straight to the parking facility and have them take us to the hotel the night before departure.

Our flight was scheduled for very early in the morning and while many individuals are not morning people, l did not expect blatant rudeness. Please - train your people to be more courteous. They will draw more tips if they are. We were advised to call the hotel upon return which we did. We were told the van would arrive in 15 minutes which came and went. We called again and were advised the van was on it's way. Another 15 minutes came and went. Van drivers from other parking facilities were asking after us. It was frustrating. What we figured out was that they were actually waiting for other passengers arriving on a flight that came in after ours, apparently so an extra trip did not need to be made. I don't know... I don't think this is an very good practice, from a traveler's perspective, so we will never use this motel again. It was around 11:00 PM so there was not an inundation of arriving travelers. We know, because we observed the regular coming and going of all other airport parking transports, that we can get a more timely pick up than what was provided that day by America's Best Value.

Check in. The ladies working behind the counter were a little unprofessional. One gave instructions wa-a-a-ay to fast so we had to slow her down. It was obvious she had delivered the same instructions a hundred million times. In the morning, the young lady was talking on her cell phone and we had to wait until she hung up so we helped ourselves to a cup of coffee provided in the lobby.

Noise. There was a lot. Jets came in low, loud and frequently. It did not bother us one bit and at a certain point in the evening, the time of which I did not take note, the flights lessened quite a bit.

The motel does have one nice, little, gem and that is the on site restaurant. The girls mixing the drinks were very inexperienced but once we told them how to mix what we wanted it was fine. They were friendly and accommodating which made up for their seeming inexperience. I can't recall what we ordered to eat but I do remember we were pleased. I also remember thinking the menu was standard pub fare with a tiny bit of upscale flare that is difficult to describe.

We noticed there were several airline pilots and flight attendants using this motel so it must be considered to be an acceptable deal, however, not to us. There are plenty of other places to lay your head before a trip so before booking this one I would recommend that you consider all other accommodations first.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jstracy
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at Americas Best Value Inn-Metro Airport.
We are happy to know that your stay with us was eventful.
Thank you again for your review, It would be our pleasure to seeing you again in the near future.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I visit romulus quite frequently & stay @America's best allot. Last time a shuttle driver my girlfriend knew from somewhere else told the young girl @ the desk not to rent my girlfriend a room after the shuttle driver recognized her! The girl @ the desk lied about the availability of rooms & when I got involved called central booking & caught her in that lie. The young lady named theresa said rudely. "We're not corporate owned were a franchise we do what we want & there's nothing you can do about it"! Clearly that's true because we didn't get a room for the night based on the whims of a 20 year old & gossip. If you don't mind reporting 2 children, be my guest. But there was no manager on duty & I was spoken to very disrespectfully. All I can do is write these reviews. It is a great deal 4 the money. But I wish id have paid another 20 bucks a day & retained the respect my age commands.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank trugritt
ABVI48174, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear valued guest,

I would like to first thank you for your feedback on the hotel, we appreciate the good and the bad. I am the front desk supervisor and I was informed of this situation on Monday morning when I came in. We as a hotel have to follow the rules and regulations that the hotel management team and owners provide for us. Unfortunately we did have and incident before involving your girlfriend and yourself. That being said we have to do what is best for the hotel and our guests. I do want to apologize on behalf of the exchange of words that were said from the staff.

Kristie
Front Desk Supervisor
Ingersoll
Reviewed 23 June 2014

On our way to San Francisco we stayed overnight at this property. It was a very interesting lay out of buildings and our room was clean and comfortable. The only downside is that it is right on the flight path and some flights arrive in Detroit in the middle of the night. This would also be a problem for all the other surrounding properties. A restaurant opened about six weeks ago and it was both advantageous in not having to look for another location to get food and the food was very good. In fact it was one of the best meals during our entire vacation.

Room Tip: Based on the proximity there will always be airplanes landing or taking off.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terry C
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleased to see that you did in fact enjoy yourself while staying at Americas Best Value Inn Metro Airport. We hope to see you in the future.

Kristie