“Always my go-to park and fly”

Courtyard Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Unexpected booking due to snowstorm and change of plans. My second time here. As always comfortable and friendly. Very accommodating staff and comfy accommodations. Easily extended our checkout time which made a huge difference to my family and I. Newly renovated and clean. Beds and pillows comfy. Much nicer than the clarion down the street. Worth the extra comfort to pay a bit extra and stay here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Good location, friendly staff, but the beds are the best part. They must have upgraded them recently. Very soft. The bathroom was a bit dated, they do need to update those. Good for a courtyard airport hotel. Good breakfast options and Starbucks coffee open 24 hours

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I've tried several of the park and stay options at Detroit's Metro Airport and I will always come back to the Courtyard by Marriott. It costs a bit more, but is worth it all the way around. From the time I pulled up in my car to the time I had my room key in my hand it was less than 3 minutes. The room was very clean, modern, spacious and quiet. I felt safe, traveling alone. Some of the other hotels in the area are dirty, old and noisy. Not so here. Plus, the park and stay option uses Airlines Parking right across the street. Easy peasy. Drove my car over there in the morning, and was picked up immediately and they even put my luggage on the bus for me. Very quick and convenient all the way around and I didn't have to wait for a hotel shuttle.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Arrived in town late for a ride along the next morning. Hotel provides an around the clock shuttle from the airport, unfortunately no one answered I was on hold for 15 to 20 minutes waiting in very cold temps for the phone to be answered. Once at the hotel the staff was friendly, and check in was rapid. The room was fine typical courtyard room. Bed was nice and I had a nice night sleep. I ate breakfast in the café the next morning and enjoyed the breakfast sandwich.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

The hotel is very close to the DTW airport and provides a free shuttle service to the airport. The lobby was clean and the staff was more than helpful. The room was very clean and unfortunately on the same side as the airport. Overall the room was comfortable and there were no major issues. WiFi is also included with your hotel stay unless you want a faster connection which would entail an additional cost. There were some things like this awful humming noise that persisted throughout my stay and continued through the evening. Also, being in the adjacent proximity to the airport, the planes were very loud and sounded like they were going to land on the roof. I typically stay at Marriott establishments during my business and pleasure travels but if you are looking for a quiet hotel to conduct some work this may not be the best option. Since breakfast is not included at the hotel, in the morning there is a breakfast bar that you can order from and enjoy a meal in the lobby.

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff and the lobby is very clean. Free airport shuttle and restaurants were close. Would have gave 5 stars but the airplane noise was a little loud at night. Totally not their fault, but worthy of 4 stars for overall stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We use this hotel to fly to Florida in the winter. While the hotel is fine, they have incorrect info in the room and lobby, and offer nothing but excuses in return. They say coffee is available daily at 5AM. This was Saturday morning, and there was none at 6AM. The staff said daily meant M-F. Really???? Daily is EVERY day. Then then said the info up is wrong, and offered to sell us some coffee. Very poor way to conduct business. At least offer comp. coffee We checked out shortly after 7. Still no coffee. available. They do offer coffee in the room with the coffee maker, but it is weak and terrible. Our years relationship with this property has come to an end.

Room Tip: If you want an early breakfast, eat at Bob Evans.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
rdshe118, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Metro Airport Romulus, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

I want to thank you for sending comments about inaccurate advertising that we have in some of our guest rooms about complimentary coffee. After our renovation in 2013 we did pull the lobby coffee and thought we had replaced all room collateral with this information. We, obviously, missed a few rooms and I am glad you brought this to our attention. Thank you so much for staying with and we hope to see you in the near future.