“Not too bad”

Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
lexington
“Not too bad”
Reviewed 8 October 2008

Actually this place or I should say the room in which I stayed was fine, maybe I got lucky. I did not book this room for my office staff did it for me without reading the previous reviews. It appears that some rooms have new carpet or a very deep cleaning. The bed was actually comfortable and though some things were dated they seemed to be in good shape. The attendant at the desk was very effecient and polite. She allowed me to check in earlier than scheduled which a big plus. I don't know if I'd compare Motel 6 with this place but I'd rather stay here. Overall not bad, have been in much worse and of course better, but for the price it was fine.

• Liked — Easy access to airport!
  • Disliked — Airport noise.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
USA
Reviewed 15 September 2008

well Motel 6 at least leaves the light on for you.
Upon arriving the lights were off and I had let them know and about 10 minutes latter they turned them on.
The parking lot is very dark and don't appear safe although I had no issues.
The room is very musty and damp, the air works but it was so cold I tried to turn on the heat but that don't work at all, no heat even when turning it to 90 degrees. The bedding and curtains are very worn and awaiting a good storm to hit so that they can get replaced.
The bathroom floor is very slick like some soap had been spilled on it. I used a towel to wash the floor.
You may wonder why I did not get another room? On my way to the lobby I was talking to another guest and she said that her room was in the same condition.
I went back to the room and called the front desk and was told they could move me but all the rooms are the same.

I did not have the luxury of saying I wanted to leave because I was told that I used my Choice Privileges points and needed to cancel earlier in the day and it was to late.

All is well in the GHETTO Clarion Hotel, I propped open the room door to the hall until it warmed up some.

Sincerley dont choose this place !!!

• Liked — Excercise, from walking to 3 different ice machines to find no ice then to the bar to get some.
  • Disliked — The room, read above - I did not mention having to fix the toilet so it would flush, the chain fell off.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mobisman
michigan
Reviewed 3 August 2008

Obviously the MALE employees at this establishment have not been through a harassment classes. After seeing a male employee verbally abuse a female employee today I decided right then I will NEVER stay at another Clarion hotel or any hotel associate with the same corporation.

I did give the young lady the name of a good attorney and STRONGLY suggested she call them.

I was appalled at the way she was spoke to and treated.

Shameful!!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
CT
Reviewed 30 April 2008

I'm a pilot and my airline has a contract with this hotel, so I stay here quite often. I was surprised by all the negative sentiment about this place, I stay at ALOT of hotels and this place is at least average, if not above, especially for the price.

For me, the best part of this hotel is the cleaning crew. If you notice in the morning, they leave the doors open of all the rooms that people have checked out of while they clean them. They actually change the sheets of every room, every night, and you can see them doing it. This sounds like something for granted, but many dubious hotels in this class recycle sheets and pillows. It's not a big secret.

The rooms are furnished better than an average 2* hotel. Bed is good, 25" TV has a good selection of stations..

Wifi internet is cheap and always works, and fast.

Free breakfast is quite good, and goes until 10am (rare).

The gals at the front desk have always been friendly, even at odd hours of the day or night.

Bad -
No elivators if you get a room on the second floor.

The hallways have an odd mildew/take-out food/smoke smell. Very 1980's smell and overall feel.

Whoever designed the floor plan must have been on LSD, the place is a total maze, and hard to get around sometimes.

Overall this place is fine, especially if you can get a good rate.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — old feel
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank altimaklr
Corunna
Reviewed 13 March 2008

We stayed at this hotel as a park n' fly. It was extremely easy to find....we were coming from Canada. People were extremely friendly and helpful....nothing but GREAT things to say about the pleasant and hard-working staff! Check-in went quickly and smoothly....our room was clean and comfortable. The shuttle to the airport at 6am was right on schedule and the driver was helpful with our luggage. On our return home, everything went just as smoothly....we called the hotel to arrange for the shuttle when we arrived back at the airport, and by the time we got our luggage, the shuttle was there waiting for us right out front!!! It was wonderful!! Not one minute of waiting! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone for this type of stay. One additional comment: There was a waitress working the evening we stayed, and she appeared to be working by herself and could have used some help. Even though she was very busy, she was so very pleasant and so VERY hard-working! She did everything she could to keep us happy....THANK YOU!!

• Liked — affordable, efficient park n fly
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CorunnaFrankie
TN
Reviewed 21 January 2008

NWA "gave" us "free" accomodations after screwing up our flight connection . I should have slept at the airport. Check in was long, the clerk was trying to get us in quickly but the phone kept ringing and kept her from assistng us.
Nasty and dirty, the hotel smelled of smoke throughout--the bar is right in the center of the hotel and you have to walk through the bar area to get to the rooms--and loud guests were arriving at all hours (not much sound proofing between rooms or the corridors). Shady looking guys hanging around and wandering the corridors did not make us feel safe.
The shower smelled like backed up sewage so we skipped the shower and washed at the sink. Like previous travelers have noted, the heat in the room was either on full blast or you had to unplug the unit to get it to turn off. TV remote didn't work either.
Cafe closed at 1100 PM so we ordered a pizza from a local place that accepted airline vouchers. It was OK but took over an hour to be delivered.
Be sure to get to down to the shuttle at least an hour earlier than you THINK you need to. If there are a lot of air crew you will not get on the shuttle.
This hotel was the "perfect" match to a terrible day of travel.

• Liked — Leaving it
  • Disliked — Just about everything
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mnmusn
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 27 December 2007

The carpet was FILTHY and it appeared that no one swept any closer than 1 foot away from the wall. Dust and dirt piled up around all of the baseboards. The grout in the bathroom was brown and moldy. The bed was sagging on the one side, causing my husband to constantly roll towards the edge. The bedspread needed to be burned. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra money to stay someplace clean and reputable. We both had to shower first thing in the morning to get the hotel's scum off of us. This is not an exaggeration. I felt "itchy" the next morning.

Stayed December 2007