“Well - nothing for a High-Tier-Member of Priority Club”

Holiday Inn Express Roseville
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Roseville
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I am not used anymore to identify myself as Priority Platinum Member. Just arrive and everything works well. So when my booking appeared in my profile it means everything is fine. So welcome was "normal" but somehow no Priority Club keycard and no letter in the room. When I asked the next morning I was told that I should have reported myself as Priority Club Member and if there is nothing in their computer it's my fault. Fortunately there was another agent who sent him away and although my stay was over she apologied for her co-worker and made arrangements a nice treat. So in this hotel: you must show that you are loyal. They do not show it. Well - the room - when you go it might be already upgreaded...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I took my wife on a shopping weekend and we stayed here on a Saturday night. The Hotel in general seemed to be old and tired. Our room had a very nice comfortable king size bed. But, tub wouldn't empty while showering. Mat in tub was peeling off. Very dark room. Had to go around and plug in the lights that there were. Pop machine on 2nd floor did not work. TV had no extras that worked.

Room Tip: Pick a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2012

Dear John H,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our comfortable bed.

However, It sounds like we fell below your expectations regarding our bathroom amenities as well as the vending machines. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Room had multiple problems including nonworking electrical outlets, fridge temp control broken, a/c-heat unit facing falling off, hot tub pump was not very strong, not enough hot water to fill tub, tub was smaller than other hotel tubs in the area and not comfortable, and no facial tissue in the bathroom. Front desk service was great, but the room was a big let down.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
R M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

The hotel has just finished the approval process to complete a full renovation of the facility. The renovation is scheduled to begin in June/ July. The renovation will include all public areas and guests rooms. If you would like more inforamtion on our renovation project please contact me directly Rebecca Marquardt at 260-414-8642 or email me at rmarquardt@simonkonover.com.

Reviewed 25 November 2011

Rooms OK, bathrooms reasonably clean, but few amenities. TV did not work until I plugged it into a different outlet. Supposed "hot breakfast" was cinnamon roll and cold cereal. When I asked at desk, clerk said that "their equipment was broken" and she did not know when it would be fixed.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank almhuss
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We went to Detroit for a celebration of the life of my brother. My husband and I drove from Florida and spent 3 nights. Check in was awful- the clerk spent 15 minutes talking about the weather with the ladies in fromt of me. We were very disappointed with the entire weekend. They advertised a hot continental breakfast. Well there was nothing but a bit of dry cereal, a few bagels and occasionally a few cinnamon rolls. Attendants in the breakfast area were rude. The room wasn't serviced 1 of the daysThe walk in rate was less than my AAA rate and I am a Hilton Honors member.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank chippy12
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My family and I stayed here for a wedding which was booked by the grooms family. If it had not been arranged ahead of time, we certainly would not have stayed. Elevator broke down twice while we were there. The breakfast was only food not prepared on site ( They must have had the health dept. close them down). My cousin tripped in the lobby falling hard on her knee with personal at the desk and no one even came to ask how she was. The bedding was never changed or even straighted and we had to ask for towels. And to top it off, my sister and niece went outside for cigarette and 3 rats ran out. and a rat trap was set by the door. Don't waste your time or money at this place!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I have found the Holiday Inn Express to be fairly consistently good worldwide. This hotel is the exception though. Tiny bedroom window overlooking a cemetry and drab decor. On a three night stay room wasn't serviced one night. Everybody knows hotels charge a fortune for international phone calls so I asked the front desk what was the cost per minute to Canada. She said she had no idea so I asked if she could find out. No she said the only was to find out was to make the call and see what cost was put on my bill. Breakfast free but poor. Finally charged me twice for one night and had some inconvenience getting the charge reversed. There are many other hotels in the Detroit area so no need to choose this one.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank NorthSimon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
#1 of 2 in Clinton Township
Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville
Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit/roseville
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling He...
#1 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Warren

Been to Holiday Inn Express Roseville? Share your experiences!