“Second time not as good”

Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Roseville
Chicago, Illinois
“Second time not as good”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed here for a weekend in late August and early October. In August, I was pleased with the value of the room. It was clean and everything worked well. The hotel was filled with bass fishermen that were in a local tournament. Being a fisherman myself, we enjoyed the insights they shared and they all respected the hotel. When we returned in October, the other "residents" were a bit "rough" and we did not feel comfortable walking the grounds. I will say that the front desk help/management is awesome and if you give them a chance, they will do all they can to make it right. The Inn's proximity to the LSC is great, but they seem to have quite a bit of competition in the area - may be worth spending a few more dollars elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Craig R, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the St. Clair Shores Red Roof, we appreciate the feedback. I’m glad that you found our hotel to be a good value and, as you mentioned, we are a perfect fit for the sport fishermen with our proximity to the lake. Fishermen also appreciate our outside entrances so that boats can be parked near their rooms for after-hours charging of batteries and prep work. Our guest’s safety, security, and comfort are of utmost concern to all of us and we regularly tour the hotel grounds as part of this effort. If other guests make you feel uneasy, just notify us in the office so that we can investigate. All of us here thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you as our future guest!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Roseville, Michigan
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Employees are very personable and helpful. Rooms are always in superb condition and extremely clean. Superb location based on restaurants, shopping and easy freeway access. This is the prime area for entertainment. I would definitely bring my family back here.

• Stayed October 2013
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We read the reviews and were happy to stay at a place that accepted our dog. The room was clean, however the smell of smoke was very hard to take. It states this Red Roof is 100% smoke free, which maybe true, but it appears former some rooms that permitted smoking have not been fumigated. It was like sleeping in an ash tray. When we returned home all our clothes had to be washed and luggae placed outside. We thought we could endure the smell, but looking back we should have asked for another room or simply left.

Room Tip: Please make sure you verify your room before you purchase. Our room was towards the far back of the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Craig R, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
I'm very sorry to read about your less than stellar experience with us at the St. Clair Shores Red Roof; I wouldn't be very pleased either if this had happened to me. Although this should not have occurred in the first place, I do wish that we would have had the opportunity to get you situated into a fresh, odor free room before you spent the entire night in the room that you did. Should your travels bring you back to the area, I hope that you will give us another chance to shine and provide you with an amazingly fresh and clean room.
Fremont, Michigan
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The ratings while I was reviewing kept switching to "Excellent". My ratings are as follows:
Overall Property rating 4 (for a Red Roof Inn chain)
Cleanliness Above Average
Rooms Average

We did not wish to spend a lot of money on a hotel since we were getting in late for an early morning conference. I read the reviews of all the hotels in the area (and there are a lot of them) and this place had the best ones; For price and for cleanliness.

We were not disappointed. Although our room was very small it served our purpose.Nothing fancy...no hairdryer, no coffee pot, no refridgerator. But for the price it was just fine.

Oh...It surprised me that they had an extensive room service menu. We didn't use it but the food was offered from an off-site restaurant.

Room Tip: All rooms were outside entrances, motel is two stories.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RobynMyers
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I'd like to thank the staff off the Red Roof Inn for such a great experience this past week. Due to hectic out of town work meetings, the staff made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. Fantastic service!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Eodet1
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Was in town for work and after having a bad experience with another hotel the night before the two days that I stayed at the Red Roof Inn were perfect the staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean.. will definitely come back...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rtboytoy
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This was my first time being in the area for work and I have always been a fan of the Red Roof Inns in my other travels, so I decided to stay here. The Inn was extremely clean and the employee were very professional, as well as catered to my wishes without exception. I can say without a doubt when I travel back I look forward to staying at the Inn again, as the professionals made me feel right at home. Thank you everyone!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dbowers757
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit/roseville
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville
Holiday Inn Express Roseville
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
#1 of 2 in Clinton Township
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center
TownePlace Suites Detroit Warren

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores? Share your experiences!