“People that work in this office are CROOKS!!”

Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Roseville
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Housekeepers, maintenance man, all good people, helpful and courteous. The manager of this hotel was unreliable, untrustworthy, and the people behind the desk did not seem to have viable explanations for much of anything. I was charged 7 unauthorized charges on my credit card by this particular Inn, with no viable explanation and a manager that ran and hid in his office saying that it is not his problem. I was charged for 2 safes that I never used and after calling the Corporation was told that they went thru my folio and see they owed me nothing back. Stay away from this particular place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 84Nikki
Craig R, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear 84Nikki,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our Red Roof in St. Clair Shores, I appreciate the kind words about the treatment you received from the housekeeping and maintenance staff. I will make sure to recognize them for their efforts.

Please accept my sincerest apology for any confusion regarding the billing that may have occurred. During the four weeks that both of your rooms were registered here the hotel folio was reviewed for accuracy in detail with the gentlemen that came to the office to settle the weekly hotel account. The front office staff, and myself, answered this person’s questions regarding credit card authorizations and sales amounts thoroughly, comparing our records to his credit card statement. During your four week stay I do not recall meeting you or having a request from you to discuss your hotel account. I would have gladly done so. As a consumer myself, I can understand your frustration and I realize that credit card company policies and statements can be confusing. Please accept my apology for your inconvenience.

Thank You.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Second time staying at the property. Was disappointed over the lack of cleaning in some of the rooms. Had to be moved twice because I found hair underneath the pillow on the sheet in two rooms. The third time, the room was fine. The bathroom was clean and both the sink and tub drained without any problem. The internet signal is weak. The front desk personnel both at night and in the morning were very friendly. The hotel is close to many plaza's and restaurants. I would stay here again, but examine the room upon check-in to insure it is up to your level of satisfaction. Great value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Etzella
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed here for a weekend in late August and early October. In August, I was pleased with the value of the room. It was clean and everything worked well. The hotel was filled with bass fishermen that were in a local tournament. Being a fisherman myself, we enjoyed the insights they shared and they all respected the hotel. When we returned in October, the other "residents" were a bit "rough" and we did not feel comfortable walking the grounds. I will say that the front desk help/management is awesome and if you give them a chance, they will do all they can to make it right. The Inn's proximity to the LSC is great, but they seem to have quite a bit of competition in the area - may be worth spending a few more dollars elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Craig R, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the St. Clair Shores Red Roof, we appreciate the feedback. I’m glad that you found our hotel to be a good value and, as you mentioned, we are a perfect fit for the sport fishermen with our proximity to the lake. Fishermen also appreciate our outside entrances so that boats can be parked near their rooms for after-hours charging of batteries and prep work. Our guest’s safety, security, and comfort are of utmost concern to all of us and we regularly tour the hotel grounds as part of this effort. If other guests make you feel uneasy, just notify us in the office so that we can investigate. All of us here thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you as our future guest!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Employees are very personable and helpful. Rooms are always in superb condition and extremely clean. Superb location based on restaurants, shopping and easy freeway access. This is the prime area for entertainment. I would definitely bring my family back here.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We read the reviews and were happy to stay at a place that accepted our dog. The room was clean, however the smell of smoke was very hard to take. It states this Red Roof is 100% smoke free, which maybe true, but it appears former some rooms that permitted smoking have not been fumigated. It was like sleeping in an ash tray. When we returned home all our clothes had to be washed and luggae placed outside. We thought we could endure the smell, but looking back we should have asked for another room or simply left.

Room Tip: Please make sure you verify your room before you purchase. Our room was towards the far back of the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Craig R, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

I'm very sorry to read about your less than stellar experience with us at the St. Clair Shores Red Roof; I wouldn't be very pleased either if this had happened to me. Although this should not have occurred in the first place, I do wish that we would have had the opportunity to get you situated into a fresh, odor free room before you spent the entire night in the room that you did. Should your travels bring you back to the area, I hope that you will give us another chance to shine and provide you with an amazingly fresh and clean room.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

The ratings while I was reviewing kept switching to "Excellent". My ratings are as follows:
Overall Property rating 4 (for a Red Roof Inn chain)
Cleanliness Above Average
Rooms Average

We did not wish to spend a lot of money on a hotel since we were getting in late for an early morning conference. I read the reviews of all the hotels in the area (and there are a lot of them) and this place had the best ones; For price and for cleanliness.

We were not disappointed. Although our room was very small it served our purpose.Nothing fancy...no hairdryer, no coffee pot, no refridgerator. But for the price it was just fine.

Oh...It surprised me that they had an extensive room service menu. We didn't use it but the food was offered from an off-site restaurant.

Room Tip: All rooms were outside entrances, motel is two stories.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RobynMyers
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I'd like to thank the staff off the Red Roof Inn for such a great experience this past week. Due to hectic out of town work meetings, the staff made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. Fantastic service!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Eodet1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit/roseville
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center
Holiday Inn Express Roseville
Baymont Inn & Suites Warren MI
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#4 of 7 in Utica

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores? Share your experiences!