“Smelly, noisy, terrible stay!!!”

Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Roseville
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I had the most horrendous time at a hotel ever! As another customer already stated in his review, they pretty much lied and gave me a smoker room while they said it was non smoking. It was the middle of the week, and people were loud and partying until 4, talking loud right outside my door, so this tells about the area and the poor hotel policies, explaining my low rating for this hotel. I would rather invest my money into a decent stay than into such a deceiving and uncomfortable stay.

• Stayed: August 2014
Craig R, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

First and foremost, please accept my sincerest apologies for what you experienced during your recent stay with us. I will be sure to address the housekeeping situation with our team to ensure that future violations of our no smoking policy by our guests is handled according to our cleaning standards. We do not condone smoking in our rooms and when we discover guests violating this policy we do place them on our 'Do Not Rent' list. Again, please accept my apologies, I truly regret that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Better than most Red Roofs. Recently remodeled, nice decor, but our "non-smoking" room seemed a bit like a smoker despite renovations. I think long-term smoke gets into the drywall and insulation. Plus windows do not open, ugh. No breakfast. No elevator to second floor. Microwave and mini frig included--nice! Very pleasant desk staff. Rather noisy concrete roads front and back. My laptop said the wifi connection for this motel was not secure, but I took a chance and connected anyway--hope I didn't acquire any bugs.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travel963
Craig R, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the St. Clair Shores Red Roof with other online shoppers and travelers. We look forward to having you as our guest as your future travels bring you to the St. Clair Shores area.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The staff was super friendly and the area seemed decent. However the room WREAKED of cigarette smoke and this is a non-smoking room!! It was late so we decided to just stay there & put up with it. Then I noticed it… someone had taped a plastic bag over the smoke detector so they could smoke in the room! Seriously?? Apparently no one in housekeeping saw it either because it was there when we got the room. I told the front desk so they wouldn’t hit us for the room cleaning fee and they offered to move us to a different room but we passed as it was late & we were unpacked. They need to pay more attention to the cleanliness of the room! We stay in this area every month when we travel through Michigan and this was our first trip to this Red Roof Inn. Not sure if we’ll try it again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeepin4us
Craig R, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Detroit – St. Clair Shores Red Roof. I'm terribly sorry for the housekeeping oversight that resulted in a less than stellar stay with us. I am addressing the issue with the team here so that something like this does not occur in the future. All of us here hope that you will have the confidence to give us another try the next time your travels bring you to the St. Clair Shores area.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Great staff..front desk, cleaning all pleasant ready to help with anything you need. Rooms are clean modern (I always stay in king). Gas station across the street and shopping down the block. A nice place...ty

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Gail K

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us at the St. Clair Shores Red Roof. We appreciate the feedback and all of us here look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for two nights.
No breakfast which is standart in other motels around, there is coffe as much as you want.
Wifi works just fine.
Not that clean but still nice.
Next time i will probably go elsewhere eventiually.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gitmul
Craig R, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with other travelers and providing us with some feedback about your recent stay with us. I do hope that you will choose to stay with us the next time your travels bring you this way and allow us to provide you with an exceptional experience. We are able to save you money on your room here by letting one of the several local restaurants serve you breakfast. Several restaurants will also deliver food to your room here at the hotel. Thanks again for staying with us. We are looking forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I always stay at this hotel. The staff is very friendly and all around great ppl. The rooms are clean and reasonably priced. Always a great experience when I stay there. Lots of great dining and shopping locations around and access to the freeway. I look forward to my stays at this location

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Stardust29
Craig R, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stays with us at the St. Clair Shores Red Roof. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to having you as our guest again!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were in town for a conference and needed a clean but affordable place to stay and this red roof met our expectations. The staff was friendly and helpful the room was clean and large and the location was perfect for having to travel to multiple cities in the area. I recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank zay715

Thank you for staying with us at the St. Clair Shores Red Roof! We know you have several options when it comes to area lodging choices. Thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest the next time your travels bring you this way.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
#1 of 2 in Clinton Township
Holiday Inn Express Roseville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chesterfield

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores? Share your experiences!